No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6880928
05/24/20 09:21 AM
05/24/20 09:21 AM
SE WI
DuxDawg Offline
trapper
DuxDawg  Offline
trapper

SE WI
Sure is nice to have the last laugh. grin

Been telling everyone the raw data just wasn't matching the hype since February.
Had numerous posts deleted, here and on other forums, despite providing multiple sources backing me up.
Turns out my read was 100% correct.

I'd mention pearls before swine, but instead will close with a hearty, "Y'all are welcome."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke
"We are fast approaching... rule by brute force."
-Ayn Rand
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6880938
05/24/20 09:28 AM
05/24/20 09:28 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Interesting trapdog. But if you do the history of the disease in the US you will find that it seems to have started in the eastern US. Your dem states were pretty much first to get it and were not in the least prepared for it. We, here in the Midwest had notice. Also lifestyle has a lot to do with it.
People packed together as in New York are much more vulnerable to such diseases.
Suspicious??
Not very.
just

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6880953
05/24/20 09:43 AM
05/24/20 09:43 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
[img]https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html[/img]

Well with all the time more people are cooking and eating. Myself I have gained a few pounds but we've had a lot of rainy, cold weather and I'd rather stay in and eat. So I'm sure obesity is on the rise. Of course I have no figures but I just bet road fatalities would be down. We Americans like to die and keep our pride, at least if I got killed by a dog, it was a big dog. So we have bragging rites if the Kung Flu gets us we know it was worse here than any place else.We have the greatest testing in the world ! One thing that amazes me that after closing all the close quarter places and they left the subways open, I guess it was necessary.

Its too late to lock the barn door after the horse is out.

I am seeing more testing on ivermec and on ivermec and doxy combined, hope its not false hope.

Last edited by Foxpaw; 05/24/20 09:45 AM.
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: AKAjust] #6880966
05/24/20 09:53 AM
05/24/20 09:53 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by AKAjust
Interesting trapdog. But if you do the history of the disease in the US you will find that it seems to have started in the eastern US. Your dem states were pretty much first to get it and were not in the least prepared for it. We, here in the Midwest had notice. Also lifestyle has a lot to do with it.
People packed together as in New York are much more vulnerable to such diseases.
Suspicious??
Not very.
just

Good points, Just.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6880969
05/24/20 09:55 AM
05/24/20 09:55 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
First cases were on the west coast, not the east.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6880970
05/24/20 09:57 AM
05/24/20 09:57 AM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
[Linked Image]

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6880985
05/24/20 10:28 AM
05/24/20 10:28 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
I've noticed here the local news always increases the confirmed cases and deaths but the recovered number barely moves.

This is all a political ploy. Something bigger is going on behind the scenes in DC.

330 sorry for your loss. Why has the one been in the hospital for 47 days?

I've lost 6 family members and 100 have had it. One uncle spent 2 days in the hospital before he demanded to be released. He said it was worse than the flu and pneumonia combined. He's since recovered.

Proper ppe for this is a full suit with fresh o2 intake and co2 output anything else is false assurance.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: Finster] #6881008
05/24/20 11:14 AM
05/24/20 11:14 AM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Finster
Been over this many times. The numbers in the US are exaggerated and they are cooking the books. A quick search for info online will explain it.

A quick search for info online will explain literally anything anyone has ever thought possible, including the opposite to this claim.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881032
05/24/20 11:53 AM
05/24/20 11:53 AM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Considering what we’ve learned about Covid, I’d like to know how it’s possible that Michigan has more deaths than India.

I-N-D-I-A!

(Also any other country with huge populations living so close together)

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881036
05/24/20 12:02 PM
05/24/20 12:02 PM
New York
P
ponyboy Offline
trapper
ponyboy  Offline
trapper
P

New York
Originally Posted by Mark June
Can a pathogen target a population group? Like a cruise missile. We have worldwide pandemic numbers and it seems COVID-19 prefers the land of red, white, and blue to everywhere else in this world. The U.S. has 6% of the worldwide population within its borders yet officials say we're tracking 35% of the worldwide cases? How can a virus, first discovered abroad, now be laser focused here? We have 330M people in this country and they tell us there's been 1.66M COvid-19 cases. Brazil has 209M people with 349,000 C-19 cases. India has 1.4B people and they report 132,000 C-19 cases.

Some speculate our healthcare has kept some alive and now they are susceptible, but Europe and much of the Middle East all have advanced medicine, and they don't have pandemic of this country's magnitude.

How can a virus, reported worldwide, only have one country in its sights?

This is like when someone asks you a question and they already know the answer. HA ha.

Last edited by ponyboy; 05/24/20 12:02 PM.
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881045
05/24/20 12:13 PM
05/24/20 12:13 PM
Southwest Michigan
T
Todd306 Offline
trapper
Todd306  Offline
trapper
T

Southwest Michigan
Let's think about this for a minute. Three days a week, we have to go back and review cases and add more deaths to the COVID numbers. This is the 21st century. When you put info in the computer, it's all over the world in seconds, yet we do this every week. Have a hard time believing the numbers. Most hospitals are closer to empty than full. Even the doctors are saying open up. Sorry, but I have no faith in our governor. This is all about politics to her. She assigns the lieutenant governor to look into why minorities have been affected more, when it's as obvious as the nose on her face. They live closer together, causing more exposure potential,many have health issues already, and many don't trust the healthcare system so they wait too long to get help and then it's too late. Sad. And where does this happen most, Detroit, the thorn in the side of Michigan for years and run by her party for years. Do we have a problem, Yes. Is this virus terrible, Yes. Unfortunately, I think people are using this for their good not for the good of the people. We can open up safely without her holding our hand. We finally allow churches to open even though alcohol,marijuana and abortion have been deemed essential since this started. Hmmm. Maybe it's time to prayerfully consider all facets of our lives and how we will answer when we stand before the real Judge. May God bless us all !!!

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881052
05/24/20 12:16 PM
05/24/20 12:16 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

The numbers here in the USA are bull feces. Hopefully this will be straightened out at some point, but likely will not happen until after November presidential election.

This entire virus situation has been hyped by the media. Our government latched onto it also, due to the belief that citizens wanted action from them, and that caused the American people to freak out even more. There went the economy.

I wont even get into how a signed piece of paper (executive order) by county commissioners, mayors, and governors overrode our US Constitution. And how most US citizens just followed along.....dam scariest thing I've ever seen happen in my 55 years on Earth.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 05/24/20 12:19 PM.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881058
05/24/20 12:23 PM
05/24/20 12:23 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline
trapper
Teacher  Offline
trapper

Rochester, MN
It’s hard to pinpoint without cherry picking. It’s what makes the epidemiology and anthropology of a pandemic so interesting. Cherry picking is left to the populous. Actual studying of the spread is with the professionals. Unfortunately, the worlds of public health, health care and politics don’t seem to have equal weight within public perception.

America is is a mobile country. Many other countries are not. Mobility spreads diseases.

America shares information for the betterment of everyone. Many others do not.

America is unequally divided meaning there are haves, have nots, elderly concentrated in care facilities, etc. but we don’t have universal health care, suggesting huge disparities when it comes to pandemics, including seasonal flu.

As a democracy with home (state) rules, having a national policy that offers equal protection generally doesn’t happen over night. Highly populated states are seen as getting the most benefits but in this case, are feeling the most impact. Spread out populations, such as with Wyoming, Montana, and the Dakotas have a seemingly lower concentration than say, Illinois, New York and Florida. Spread and population density have a lot to do with it.

Physical health, age, gender, occupations, Whether you live in single family dwellings or an apartment building, membership in community organizations (including churches), gated communities, having school aged children, and so on, go into the study of spread of diseases.

There are many other factors that go into studying the spread and concentrations of diseases. The virus goes where it’s taken. It infects ‘populations at risk’. How we handle the information will determine whether we can control this disease or it controls us.

And finally, medical recommendations (e.g. from Dr Fauci) will change based on the new information coming in. The general public doesn’t seem to understand covid-19 gives us New information as more medical investigators study the disease. The prevalence of Kawasaki Disease in children With covid-19 wasn’t known 90 days ago. It is a recognized subset now. What is known about the virus is about 100% different than what we knew in the beginning. Expect things will change as more research is done.

Last edited by Teacher; 05/24/20 01:26 PM.

Never too old to learn
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881060
05/24/20 12:24 PM
05/24/20 12:24 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
There will be approx. 40,000 less flu deaths this year......

We really need the overall death count for the country from 1/1/2020 to today and from 1/1/2019 thru 6/1/2019 and a comparison but that may not be enough, y'all just need to trust your gut.

God help us if Mr. Trump looses in November.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: Teacher] #6881097
05/24/20 01:19 PM
05/24/20 01:19 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Originally Posted by Teacher
It’s hard to pinpoint without cherry picking. It’s what makes the epidemiology and anthropology of a pandemic so interesting. Cherry picking is left to the populous. Actual studying of the spread is with the professionals. Unfortunately, the worlds of public health, health care and politics don’t seem to have equal weight within public perception.

America is is a mobile country. Many other countries are not. Mobility spreads diseases.

America is unequally divided meaning there are haves, have nots, elderly concentrated in care facilities, etc. but we don’t have universal health care, suggesting huge disparities when it comes to pandemics, including seasonal flu.

As a democracy with home (state) rules, having a national policy that offers equal protection generally doesn’t happen over night. Highly populated states are seen as getting the most benefits but in this case, are feeling the most impact. Spread out populations, such as with Wyoming, Montana, and the Dakotas have a seemingly lower concentration than say, Illinois, New York and Florida. Spread and population density have a lot to do with it.

Physical health, age, gender, occupations, Whether you live in single family dwellings or an apartment building, membership in community organizations (including churches), gated communities, having school aged children, and so on, go into the study of spread of diseases.

There are many other factors that go into studying the spread and concentrations of diseases. The virus goes where it’s taken. It infects ‘populations at risk’. How we handle the information will determine whether we can control this disease or it controls us.

Judging from posts similar to this and past postings from multiple people on here I'd say you've already let the virus control you with misguided and unfortunate information. I don't think anyone is arguing that Covid spreads easier in high density populations. I don't think there's any question regarding the spread or concentration of Covid. I think everyone has accepted that it's not as deadly as the media would have liked you to believe from the beginning except for a few of you grasping at straws. You can look at Florida and I hate to say it California (I never thought they'd be a poster child for anything) on locations where there's a high population of people that had a much lower mortality rate than say New Jersey and New York. There's places in those states where people are stacked like corkwood just as much as New York and the deaths didn't happen. It's pretty obvious the numbers are being inflated. It'll be something to look back in the future when all other deaths stopped in this country for two months in those states....the numbers won't be out for some time.

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: WadeRyan] #6881104
05/24/20 01:25 PM
05/24/20 01:25 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Originally Posted by Teacher

Judging from posts similar to this and past postings from multiple people on here I'd say you've already let the virus control you with misguided and unfortunate information. I don't think anyone is arguing that Covid spreads easier in high density populations. I don't think there's any question regarding the spread or concentration of Covid. I think everyone has accepted that it's not as deadly as the media would have liked you to believe from the beginning except for a few of you grasping at straws. You can look at Florida and I hate to say it California (I never thought they'd be a poster child for anything) on locations where there's a high population of people that had a much lower mortality rate than say New Jersey and New York. There's places in those states where people are stacked like corkwood just as much as New York and the deaths didn't happen. It's pretty obvious the numbers are being inflated. It'll be something to look back in the future when all other deaths stopped in this country for two months in those states....the numbers won't be out for some time.

Yep, all you have to do is use your head for more that a hat rack.

Example......NYC had it so bad, and were so overwhelmed they were out of bed space in the hospitals and were stacking bodies in refer trailers. Until, Trump built them temp hospitals and sent the medical ship in, That for the most part were never used!!!!!! Crisis over!

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881105
05/24/20 01:26 PM
05/24/20 01:26 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Teacher,
America is NOT just a democracy.

It is a Republic.

Last edited by Swamp Wolf; 05/24/20 01:30 PM.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881106
05/24/20 01:27 PM
05/24/20 01:27 PM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
I think the numbers are somewhat cooked. I also think the USA has more capability to test than anywhere else therefore confirming more cases. If you test more people, you will probably have more cases. Lastly, the US health system is superior to most of the rest of the world and thus we naturally have more people in "high risk" categories that otherwise may have been dead long ago from one thing or the other.

Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881109
05/24/20 01:32 PM
05/24/20 01:32 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
China reported NO new cases today. LMAO

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Covid-19 stats are just not believable [Re: ] #6881111
05/24/20 01:36 PM
05/24/20 01:36 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Ours here deff were, they admitted so and then pulled a nice even number outta their head and subtracted that from the death count.

I personally don't believe any of the numbers, from any state after following this. Ours has stopped posting the number had been following and has gone to a per 100,000 rate instead of actual numbers. It makes it look worse, especially for counties like the one I live in.

Example......
We have 2 deaths with a population of 24 almost 25 thousand. Instead of putting 2 on our county, they now list 8 per 100,000.

Deceitful

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread