No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: CDAC in WI [Re: Moosetrot] #7852190
04/24/23 09:57 AM
04/24/23 09:57 AM
WI
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper
WIMarshRAT  Offline
trapper

WI
Originally Posted by Moosetrot
The CC is now truly in a mess and weaker than I have ever seen it in my 30 years on it.

Moosetrot

Totally agree. So let's work together to fix it instead of questioning folk's motives.

I thought holding in person elections was a step in the right direction after taking three years off from elections.

How you fixing?

Last edited by WIMarshRAT; 04/24/23 12:56 PM.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Re: CDAC in WI [Re: corky] #7854079
04/27/23 12:26 AM
04/27/23 12:26 AM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
Agreed it's a mess. Here's how I would fix it: all the voting should be in person, not just the vote for delegates.

Re: CDAC in WI [Re: AJE] #7859671
05/04/23 11:41 PM
05/04/23 11:41 PM
WI
WIMarshRAT Offline
trapper
WIMarshRAT  Offline
trapper

WI
Originally Posted by AJE
Agreed it's a mess. Here's how I would fix it: all the voting should be in person, not just the vote for delegates.

I don’t necessarily agree on voting on questions, but I think delegates should be elected in-person and new resolutions submitted by public should be done in-person. If the WCC runs it through the process and is added to spring questionnaire, goal should be to get as big of input as possible on question so I don’t mind online in that case.

Here is a controversial one. Do not accept resolutions that would require legislation unless a republicans and a democrat will sign on to the resolution. Let’s actually start to find issues we can work on that will make an impact instead of trying to score political points.

That said, I had the privilege to sit in two CDAC meetings this week. CDACs made completely different decisions and I felt comfortable with both of the deliberations. I will say this, if you don’t like the outcome, get involved. Run for a seat. All the stakeholders will be looking for applications for representation this fall.

Last edited by WIMarshRAT; 05/04/23 11:49 PM.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread