No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6956030
08/06/20 10:36 AM
08/06/20 10:36 AM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Buck (Zandra)

I see why many are not fans of Whitmer, but it’s pretty incredible her predecessor, Snyder, who covered up and lied about the Flint water crisis received almost no blowback or hatred from MI residents who weren’t directly fed toxic water, in my experience. By contrast, blatant, hateful anti-Whitmer stuff is pretty much universal up here. That’s just the way it goes I guess.

Snyder's responsible for Flints water problem?The courts didn't see it that way[/quote]

You’re question doesn’t fit my statement.

I don’t see him as responsible for the crisis, but I do believe he worked to keep it under the rug when action was called for.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956099
08/06/20 12:32 PM
08/06/20 12:32 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
I don't believe he swept anything under the rug,I think he saw it as a local problem made by local decisions.Putting aside all political biases I have for a moment,I watched the city council and others all point fingers in all directions,until somebody found out there were people in state government.that knew about some of the decisions.Then all fingers pointed at Snyder.I'm no fan of Snyder,he's a weak kneed Republican,who among other things,is responsible for this wolf management mess were in today(in my opinion).But If much rather Snyder than what we have today.It's the same old story that gets played out all over this country,the majority of the counties did not vote for her,but the most populous counties did.If we had an Electoral college at the state level she wouldn't be sitting there.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: white marlin] #6956107
08/06/20 12:35 PM
08/06/20 12:35 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Online content
trapper
upstateNY  Online Content
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by white marlin
she DOES kinda LOOK like The Joker!

Governor Screwface

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6956219
08/06/20 02:57 PM
08/06/20 02:57 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
I don't believe he swept anything under the rug,I think he saw it as a local problem made by local decisions.Putting aside all political biases I have for a moment,I watched the city council and others all point fingers in all directions,until somebody found out there were people in state government.that knew about some of the decisions.Then all fingers pointed at Snyder.I'm no fan of Snyder,he's a weak kneed Republican,who among other things,is responsible for this wolf management mess were in today(in my opinion).But If much rather Snyder than what we have today.It's the same old story that gets played out all over this country,the majority of the counties did not vote for her,but the most populous counties did.If we had an Electoral college at the state level she wouldn't be sitting there.

Let’s keep narrowing down the language. Is “turned a blind eye” ok? He was the man at the top, and the buck stopped there. If local gov isn’t doing it’s job in a situation of that magnitude and the state is aware, they need to get involved. That’s why we have a hierarchical system of government. I’m not really interested in debating his particular level of responsibility, but was pointing out that the level of outrage directed at the current Gov. for her actions during the Covid pandemic is baffling to me compared to the level of outrage not directed at Snyder.

I don’t agree with the declaration of racism as a public health crisis. That sort of thinking is where the left and I go in different directions. I don’t even know what she’s talking about there.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Co�s] #6956222
08/06/20 03:03 PM
08/06/20 03:03 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Coös

Let’s keep narrowing down the language. Is “turned a blind eye” ok? He was the man at the top, and the buck stopped there. If local gov isn’t doing it’s job in a situation of that magnitude and the state is aware, they need to get involved. That’s why we have a hierarchical system of government. I’m not really interested in debating his particular level of responsibility, but was pointing out that the level of outrage directed at the current Gov. for her actions during the Covid pandemic is baffling to me compared to the level of outrage not directed at Snyder.

I don’t agree with the declaration of racism as a public health crisis. That sort of thinking is where the left and I go in different directions. I don’t even know what she’s talking about there.

They're (the left) going different direction but you'll be on every thread defending them? Rich.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956280
08/06/20 03:58 PM
08/06/20 03:58 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Yup. I believe in intelligent debate. And the idea that each party, and most heads of state, has/have good ideas and bad ideas.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956287
08/06/20 04:04 PM
08/06/20 04:04 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Henry Ford is to blame.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956291
08/06/20 04:08 PM
08/06/20 04:08 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
I haven't heard of a good idea coming out of the left lately. Must of missed it.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956376
08/06/20 05:33 PM
08/06/20 05:33 PM
U.P. Michigan
G
garart Offline
trapper
garart  Offline
trapper
G

U.P. Michigan
The "Queen" of Michigan (whitmer) is using an archaic "Emergency Powers of Govenor Act, 1945 PA 302, MCL 10.31 to 10.33" to allow her to prescribe her own powers, duties, and penalties to her constituents in Michigan!
Currently there is a petition to repeal this old Act, by vote of the public on November 8th. The petition is named "Unlock Michigan", all Michigan's should sign to get this on the ballot to stop her nonsense.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956390
08/06/20 05:41 PM
08/06/20 05:41 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
If that baffles you your eyes must be spinning in all directions over the hypocrisy and double standard between the way conservatives are treated in the media and the pass their Democrat friends receive

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6956409
08/06/20 06:04 PM
08/06/20 06:04 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
If that baffles you your eyes must be spinning in all directions over the hypocrisy and double standard between the way conservatives are treated in the media and the pass their Democrat friends receive

I can’t tell if it’s my eyes spinning in all directions or if it’s the world doing that

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956491
08/06/20 07:40 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
whistle

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: garart] #6956492
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by garart
The "Queen" of Michigan (whitmer) is using an archaic "Emergency Powers of Govenor Act, 1945 PA 302, MCL 10.31 to 10.33" to allow her to prescribe her own powers, duties, and penalties to her constituents in Michigan!
Currently there is a petition to repeal this old Act, by vote of the public on November 8th. The petition is named "Unlock Michigan", all Michigan's should sign to get this on the ballot to stop her nonsense.

My whole family of 4 signed, All 14 men of my crew signed at a local store that offered space for the petition signing.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Co�s] #6956509
08/06/20 07:53 PM
08/06/20 07:53 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
[quote=Feedinggrounds]In my 57 years, all in Northern Mi. I have never seen such a power hungry, vindictive, hateful governor. My drivers license expired in April, I have been trying since march to renew, looks like I am going into sept. before I can even schedule a appointment. That is small compared to the other things she has done to us, Our state is crippled due to her. So much of the state government is completely dysfunctional for the foreseeable future. She is a Demon.

Took me one or two days to get an appointment at my local SOS a couple of weeks ago. Northern LP. It’s really not that difficult.

I see why many are not fans of Whitmer, but it’s pretty incredible her predecessor, Snyder, who covered up and lied about the Flint water crisis received almost no blowback or hatred from MI residents who weren’t directly fed toxic water, in my experience. By contrast, blatant, hateful anti-Whitmer stuff is pretty much universal up here. That’s just the way it goes I guess. Coos I checked 2 branch offices, within 45 miles of home, no dice. My appointment is now Oct. 20. I am not driving over 45 miles to sos, period. As far as Flints water problem, I wonder if you even have a clue? I grew up on Flints North side, the rough side. Still have much family there. Flints water problem was caused by its own democrat government. Under the control of a democrat emergency financial manager sent by Snyder, as Flints mayor, city council are all corrupt. Council members busted for drugs, drunk driving, expelled from meetings for drunkenness. Using city council position to award contracts to relatives and such. New mayor elected to fix thing, right away donated emergency water funds misdirected and missing. Water line replacement contracts given to mayors relatives with zero experience, on and on....Do you have a connection to Flint, live there or even close?

Last edited by Feedinggrounds; 08/06/20 07:55 PM.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Buck (Zandra)] #6956516
08/06/20 07:56 PM
08/06/20 07:56 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI

Not friends. Owners.

No Jab.
Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Feedinggrounds] #6956535
08/06/20 08:12 PM
08/06/20 08:12 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Feedinggrounds
[quote=Feedinggrounds]In my 57 years, all in Northern Mi. I have never seen such a power hungry, vindictive, hateful governor. My drivers license expired in April, I have been trying since march to renew, looks like I am going into sept. before I can even schedule a appointment. That is small compared to the other things she has done to us, Our state is crippled due to her. So much of the state government is completely dysfunctional for the foreseeable future. She is a Demon.

Took me one or two days to get an appointment at my local SOS a couple of weeks ago. Northern LP. It’s really not that difficult.

I see why many are not fans of Whitmer, but it’s pretty incredible her predecessor, Snyder, who covered up and lied about the Flint water crisis received almost no blowback or hatred from MI residents who weren’t directly fed toxic water, in my experience. By contrast, blatant, hateful anti-Whitmer stuff is pretty much universal up here. That’s just the way it goes I guess. Coos I checked 2 branch offices, within 45 miles of home, no dice. My appointment is now Oct. 20. I am not driving over 45 miles to sos, period. As far as Flints water problem, I wonder if you even have a clue? I grew up on Flints North side, the rough side. Still have much family there. Flints water problem was caused by its own democrat government. Under the control of a democrat emergency financial manager sent by Snyder, as Flints mayor, city council are all corrupt. Council members busted for drugs, drunk driving, expelled from meetings for drunkenness. Using city council position to award contracts to relatives and such. New mayor elected to fix thing, right away donated emergency water funds misdirected and missing. Water line replacement contracts given to mayors relatives with zero experience, on and on....Do you have a connection to Flint, live there or even close?

Nope I’m 2+ hours north of flint. No connection other than a close friend who grew up there and relative lives in Davison and works at flint Beaumont. I’ve heard the same from the friend as what you say about local corruption. That doesn’t change the state governments responsibility. As I said in an earlier post, we have a hierarchical government for a reason. When local isn’t getting it done, the larger entity steps in. My understanding is Snyder did not step in when he should have and disregarded warnings about the situation. The buck stops there in my opinion. As a disclaimer, I am not an expert on the Flint water crisis. Perhaps there is a reason he should be given a pass by me...

I believe I’m distracting from the threads original intent....so carry on please.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956590
08/06/20 09:11 PM
08/06/20 09:11 PM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
I must not know the right people at the SOS.

Mail in drivers license renewal sent in on May 15 for a June 2nd renewal, Check finally cashed on July 13, received my license today August 6th in the mail.

Completed CPL renewal the same day, May 15 received my CPL in the mail May 21.

Wife setup her appointment for in person renewal at the same time I renewed, also for a June Birthday first available open slot is for September 13th.

Tried to buy a new AR around July 1st wasn't allowed to purchase it because my license was expired.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Rat Masterson] #6956620
08/06/20 09:39 PM
08/06/20 09:39 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
I haven't heard of a good idea coming out of the left lately. Must of missed it.

No, you didn't miss it. It never happened.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Duckie1] #6956686
08/06/20 10:42 PM
08/06/20 10:42 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Duckie1
I must not know the right people at the SOS.

Mail in drivers license renewal sent in on May 15 for a June 2nd renewal, Check finally cashed on July 13, received my license today August 6th in the mail.

Completed CPL renewal the same day, May 15 received my CPL in the mail May 21.

Wife setup her appointment for in person renewal at the same time I renewed, also for a June Birthday first available open slot is for September 13th.

Tried to buy a new AR around July 1st wasn't allowed to purchase it because my license was expired.

I think there’s something on the website called a same day appointment. It’s cancellations and the like. Try it first thing in the morning. I got one on my first try. Otherwise it’s weeks out like you said.

Re: Gov. Whitmer of Mich. declares racism... [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #6956781
08/06/20 11:51 PM
08/06/20 11:51 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Coos- are you into the Whiteclaw again?

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers