No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Blaine County] #6973568
08/25/20 04:40 PM
08/25/20 04:40 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by Blaine County
Originally Posted by adam m
I've seen both videos yesterday, I am curious how long were the 3 of them fighting before the videos started? All the spectators had some time to come out watch and then record.

The suspect played a stupid game won the prize.

While how long is potentially relevant to the reasonableness of the officers' actions, after Mr. Blake walked away (after resisting) and at the very moment he stuck his hand into that car, a reasonable officer could conclude that his life and those of the other officers and the other people in the area were at risk.

Exactly. 100% justified

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Blaine County] #6973571
08/25/20 04:41 PM
08/25/20 04:41 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Why is this so hard?????

L a w y e r s

-Goofy-
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Blaine County] #6973573
08/25/20 04:45 PM
08/25/20 04:45 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
He doesn't have to reach for a gun. The cop has to have a reasonable belief he could be reaching for a gun. The same would be true for you if you are defending yourself. As for cops being the judge and jury, we are saying the exact same thing.

Why is this so hard?????

This is where i disagree with you . I don't believe it is justifiable to shoot someone because they " might " have a gun

If this is acceptable , body bags might be a good business to get into

Last edited by AntiGov; 08/25/20 04:45 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6973574
08/25/20 04:47 PM
08/25/20 04:47 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Why is this so hard?????

L a w y e r s

That wasn't my question though and you know it.

But speaking of lawyers, Blake has already hired Ben Crump. The racial opportunist lawyer that appears after most of these events. The City will pay him off with an enormous settlement and perpetuate the problem. I've never seen the guy in Court, but I have on television. Unimpressed. One of the attorneys defending a cop or a city needs to take one of his cases to trial.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: AntiGov] #6973577
08/25/20 04:48 PM
08/25/20 04:48 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by AntiGov
He doesn't have to reach for a gun. The cop has to have a reasonable belief he could be reaching for a gun. The same would be true for you if you are defending yourself. As for cops being the judge and jury, we are saying the exact same thing.

Why is this so hard?????

This is where i disagree with you . I don't believe it is justifiable to shoot someone because they " might " have a gun

If this is acceptable , body bags might be a good business to get into

"Might" is not the same thing a "reasonable belief."

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6973579
08/25/20 04:50 PM
08/25/20 04:50 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
You're reaching now

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: AntiGov] #6973587
08/25/20 04:58 PM
08/25/20 04:58 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I don't know whether people who think Mr. Blake had the right to just walk away and stick his hand in that car are guided by some life experience of getting arrested; are in fact criminals themselves or are just dense.

I despise a society where the police have too much power but this event is not even remotely close to that society.

A society where cops are the judge and jury is not acceptable either.

Should a guy that says F u to the cops and then goes about his business get gunned down ?

Of course we don't know the whole story . Did the cops know his back story ?

Did the thug reach for a gun ?
It all changes with all the facts . If he had reached for a gun I don't think it would be kept a secret at this point but idk

Have you watched the second video? In the video he has committed a bunch of violent felonies. Plus the sex crime he had a warrant for and domestic violence. Now, this violent felon disregards LAWFUL ORDERS and reaches into the van while police have guns trained on him. Now, just what I know from the evidence presented, I would have shot him also. I'm not waiting for him to come out with a gun, a knife or some other weapon. He wasn't going to come up with a bunch of flowers and by the video, he wasn't trying to get in the van, he opened the door and looked like he was reaching for something. Now other evidence may come to light and I may change my mind but If I was the officer, I would have dropped him. I don't understand? How many violent felonies, how many acts of aggression and how many orders ignored does it take before it's not the police's fault?

Last edited by Finster; 08/25/20 05:01 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6973589
08/25/20 05:00 PM
08/25/20 05:00 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

AntiGov--let's try again.

Example One: A cop has an encounter with Jacob Blake. He looks like a thug. Mr. Blake is not friendly but is not aggressive. He might have a gun, but has given no indication of being dangerous to either the cop or the public. DON'T SHOOT.

Example Two: A cop an encounter with Jacob Blake. He and the cop fight while the cop is trying to arrest Mr. Blake. Mr. Blake breaks free from attempts to restrain him. He flees. Mr. Blake then reaches into a car (where people often have guns). Children and others are in the area. The cop has a reasonable belief that Mr. Blake is reaching for a weapon and a reasonable fear for his safety and that of the public. SHOOT.

Not reaching.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Finster] #6973602
08/25/20 05:18 PM
08/25/20 05:18 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Finster

I don't know whether people who think Mr. Blake had the right to just walk away and stick his hand in that car are guided by some life experience of getting arrested; are in fact criminals themselves or are just dense.

I despise a society where the police have too much power but this event is not even remotely close to that society.

A society where cops are the judge and jury is not acceptable either.

Should a guy that says F u to the cops and then goes about his business get gunned down ?

Of course we don't know the whole story . Did the cops know his back story ?

Did the thug reach for a gun ?
It all changes with all the facts . If he had reached for a gun I don't think it would be kept a secret at this point but idk

Have you watched the second video? In the video he has committed a bunch of violent felonies. Plus the sex crime he had a warrant for and domestic violence. Now, this violent felon disregards LAWFUL ORDERS and reaches into the van while police have guns trained on him. Now, just what I know from the evidence presented, I would have shot him also. I'm not waiting for him to come out with a gun, a knife or some other weapon. He wasn't going to come up with a bunch of flowers and by the video, he wasn't trying to get in the van, he opened the door and looked like he was reaching for something. Now other evidence may come to light and I may change my mind but If I was the officer, I would have dropped him. I don't understand? How many violent felonies, how many acts of aggression and how many orders ignored does it take before it's not the police's fault?

I have not , where do I find it ?

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: AntiGov] #6973629
08/25/20 05:43 PM
08/25/20 05:43 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I have not , where do I find it ?

back a few pages He is fighting and resisting arrest. He shakes the police off and as he starts around the car, that's where the video from the other day starts. so he has at that point.
1. A few counts of felony assault on a police officer
2. Felony resisting arrest
3. Multiple counts of failure to follow lawful orders.
4. Felony eluding (by trying to get away)
Not to mention the other warrants of sexual assault of a 15yo and domestic violence that he is being sought for.
If he survives, he should be doing what they call "Football numbers" in prison.

Last edited by Finster; 08/25/20 05:50 PM.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Finster] #6973776
08/25/20 07:41 PM
08/25/20 07:41 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.

[/quote]
Irrelevant in this conversation true. However, this has been ruled on by the Supreme court and recently. In fact it has changed a little since I was in college. It is legal to search for weapons within the occupants reach with certain stipulations. It does not go against the 4th. here's a link:

[/quote]
That explains it. A college boy eh. Did they tell you that you was smart, bless your heart.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6973793
08/25/20 07:52 PM
08/25/20 07:52 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Cops do need to learn fight better.They had him on the ground on one side of the truck,,and let him get up and make it all the way around to the other side of the truck.

Last edited by upstateNY; 08/25/20 07:53 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Diggerman] #6973795
08/25/20 07:54 PM
08/25/20 07:54 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Diggerman

That explains it. A college boy eh. Did they tell you that you was smart, bless your heart.

Typical. You can't debate or even have an intelligent discussion so you troll. Pathetic and sad.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: upstateNY] #6973813
08/25/20 08:08 PM
08/25/20 08:08 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by upstateNY
Cops do need to learn fight better.They had him on the ground on one side of the truck,,and let him get up and make it all the way around to the other side of the truck.

I noticed that too. My 12 year old son wrestles at 80 pounds. I think he could have kept him on his back.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6973817
08/25/20 08:10 PM
08/25/20 08:10 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
I'm flooring it to Racine right now to sit with my mom. She's in West Racine and there's talk that theyre going to burn Racine tonight and possibly head down Washington Ave.

Pray that I dont make the news.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Blaine County] #6973820
08/25/20 08:12 PM
08/25/20 08:12 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I noticed that too. My 12 year old son wrestles at 80 pounds. I think he could have kept him on his back.

The equipment is restrictive, and gives you things to guard vs being leaned out grappling.

-Goofy-
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Pike River] #6973827
08/25/20 08:14 PM
08/25/20 08:14 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Pike River
I'm flooring it to Racine right now to sit with my mom. She's in West Racine and there's talk that theyre going to burn Racine tonight and possibly head down Washington Ave.

Wish I could be there with you. Praying for your safety and strength!

-Goofy-
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Blaine County] #6973830
08/25/20 08:15 PM
08/25/20 08:15 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi

Choke holds are not allowed if it looks like a choke it might be a choke. One arm in wrestling is not a choke but on a cellphone and in public opinion it is. This is what you get when "if it only saves one life" meets reality. But hey he didn't get choked.

Last edited by Trap Setter; 08/25/20 08:17 PM.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Pike River] #6973842
08/25/20 08:29 PM
08/25/20 08:29 PM
Wisconsin
M
Moosetrot Offline
trapper
Moosetrot  Offline
trapper
M

Wisconsin

Be safe and keep your wits about you, Pike River!

Moosetrot

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Moosetrot] #6973868
08/25/20 08:46 PM
08/25/20 08:46 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Originally Posted by Moosetrot

Be safe and keep your wits about you, Pike River!

Moosetrot

Hope you brought plenty of 12 guage 00 Buck

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread