No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: 1st year I will be sitting it out [Re: cmj] #6981410
09/02/20 11:05 PM
09/02/20 11:05 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I will go at it again. I have a couple new permissions and will seek a couple more. My winter rat trapping partner is getting his other hip replaced in late November so no ice trapping for him. Good year to do that.
I was planning to expand my coon line as I have cut back the last 5-6 years but it will certainly only for population management and working with farmers. Hard to talk with farmers about crap fur prices when I know what their last 4-5 years have been like and the short term future not bright either. Do want to get my homemade skinning machine working this year. Will expand the canine line this year. Just like it for me to go after eastern yotes after they are not in demand. I have seen 2-3 this year just driving and that is rare. Hardly ever see one even when they are around.

Bryce

Re: 1st year I will be sitting it out [Re: lumberjack391] #6981598
09/03/20 08:23 AM
09/03/20 08:23 AM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
It’s almost as though bigbrownie and I see things exactly the same here.

I guess this may be the year to tan a real nice tote.

Re: 1st year I will be sitting it out [Re: lumberjack391] #6981613
09/03/20 08:51 AM
09/03/20 08:51 AM
Missouri
M
MOcoyotes Offline
trapper
MOcoyotes  Offline
trapper
M

Missouri
We'll be hitting it just as hard as ever. I've got five youngsters 15 and down that rotate getting to tag along on the line. They all look forward to the season every year and really enjoy catching critters, if it's not for money they still enjoy the management aspect of it. We've been making our own bait and lures to play around with and help cut costs. Enjoy the outdoors folks!
Greg

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread