Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Pre-baiting coon in Minnesota [Re: Teacher] #6997572
09/22/20 09:44 PM
09/22/20 09:44 PM
sseMinnesota
blackhammer Offline
trapper
blackhammer  Offline
trapper

sseMinnesota
To me it’s a matter of time. The time and gas used pre baiting is substantial. However you could definitely harvest them faster come season. I too appreciate someone with the strange addiction us trappers have. Go get em!

Ah,for the life of a millionaire,say some,but just let me stay a trapper. Bill Nelson
Re: Pre-baiting coon in Minnesota [Re: Teacher] #6998188
09/23/20 04:47 PM
09/23/20 04:47 PM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline OP
trapper
Teacher  Offline OP
trapper

Rochester, MN
Another reason to prebait is to get a sense of what crop changes do to last year’s hot trails, when the crop was corn. Every other year, the crops change from corn to grass or soybeans. This changes the trail traffic enough that if I don’t have permission on the adjoining corn ground, I may be wasting time.

Never too old to learn
Re: Pre-baiting coon in Minnesota [Re: Teacher] #6998709
09/24/20 06:59 AM
09/24/20 06:59 AM
Rochester, MN
Teacher Offline OP
trapper
Teacher  Offline OP
trapper

Rochester, MN
Most barbecue sauces contain molasses. Molasses attracts deer. DNR rules say in several southern Minnesota counties, where chronic wasting disease has been found, they don’t want deer to congregate around an artificial (pre) bait. A corn field is ok. A sportsman placed corn bait is not.

Never too old to learn
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91