No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Gary Benson] #7016198
10/13/20 08:34 AM
10/13/20 08:34 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Not everyone is as honest as you. Well, there's Joe and Kamala, but it's rare. laugh

grin

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Marty B] #7016211
10/13/20 08:55 AM
10/13/20 08:55 AM
Idaho, Lemhi County
G
Gulo Offline
"On The Other Hand"
Gulo  Offline
"On The Other Hand"
G

Idaho, Lemhi County
I will throw out my $0.02 in defense of Trapperman members. Like Proud active, I'm a trusting sort of guy. I probably don't do the volume he does, so I have less chance of being urinated on. Looking back through my records, I have dealt with 85 Tman orders for knives. As soon as I get the order, the knives go in the mail. I wait, usually less than a week, and my check arrives. Of 85 different Tman members, I've been stiffed exactly once. On the other hand, I wish I could show that sort of honesty across the board, but I can't. So, at least with the Trapperman crowd, I've been amazed at the integrity of the members I've dealt with - 85 of 'em. A shout-out is due. I'm disappointed to hear of your being stiffed, Proud active.

Jack

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Gulo] #7016214
10/13/20 08:57 AM
10/13/20 08:57 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Gulo
I will throw out my $0.02 in defense of Trapperman members. Like Proud active, I'm a trusting sort of guy. I probably don't do the volume he does, so I have less chance of being urinated on. Looking back through my records, I have dealt with 85 Tman orders for knives. As soon as I get the order, the knives go in the mail. I wait, usually less than a week, and my check arrives. Of 85 different Tman members, I've been stiffed exactly once. On the other hand, I wish I could show that sort of honesty across the board, but I can't. So, at least with the Trapperman crowd, I've been amazed at the integrity of the members I've dealt with - 85 of 'em. A shout-out is due. I'm disappointed to hear of your being stiffed, Proud active.

Jack

That's been my experience also!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Marty B] #7016225
10/13/20 09:14 AM
10/13/20 09:14 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Reading some of the comments on this thread reminded me of our transaction Gulo.

It's good to hear that you and 330 have so few bad deals.

I hope ProudActive gets this straightened out.

Eh...wot?

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Marty B] #7016241
10/13/20 09:44 AM
10/13/20 09:44 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

I don't know the facts of what led to this thread.
However, everyone should be afforded some sort of "due process" before they are outed publicly as acting in a fraudulent or dishonest manner.

Maybe In unaware of a process that has been established, but when a particular problem arises I would assume it would be brought to the attention of the moderators before it is brought out to the public.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Marty B] #7016267
10/13/20 10:22 AM
10/13/20 10:22 AM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
The bottom line in buying off the trap shed is someone has to ship first. Should the check go first or the item? Why does everyone think the check should go first. Is it because you trust the guy on the other end? Back when there was the bad feedback there is probably more bad sells feedback than buyers.

Last edited by MJM; 10/13/20 10:24 AM.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Marty B] #7016278
10/13/20 10:34 AM
10/13/20 10:34 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Yeah, what happened to the bad feedback? I don't go to the trap shed but once in a blue moon, but I went there the other day, and saw it was gone. Was it not politcly correct or was there another problem? Advance warning of scumbags would be a good thing, I would surmise!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: waggler] #7016282
10/13/20 10:38 AM
10/13/20 10:38 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by waggler
However, everyone should be afforded some sort of "due process" before they are outed publicly as acting in a fraudulent or dishonest manner.

Maybe In unaware of a process that has been established, but when a particular problem arises I would assume it would be brought to the attention of the moderators before it is brought out to the public.

I have no love for liars and cheets. Why would protect them in any way? Crooks are crooks, anyway you slice it!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7016286
10/13/20 10:41 AM
10/13/20 10:41 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
Yeah, what happened to the bad feedback? I don't go to the trap shed but once in a blue moon, but I went there the other day, and saw it was gone. Was it not politcly correct or was there another problem? Advance warning of scumbags would be a good thing, I would surmise!

Same, I don't hardly ever go there. I was given a heads up on some NIB NW 1.75's by our mutual friend PCR a few months ago. That's the first I was there in years. I didn't notice the bad feedback was gone.

I got a great deal on the Northwoods though!

Eh...wot?

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7016311
10/13/20 11:06 AM
10/13/20 11:06 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa

Actually there would only need to be a bad feedback for me. I always assume the people are going to be honest until I know they are not. I never look at the good feedback.

I have no love for liars and cheats. Why would protect them in any way? Crooks are crooks, anyway you slice it!

I agree Lee. Every bit of info you have on them should out there for all to see. If it's an honest mistake, and they come back and get it worked out, their info could then be removed. Personally I haven't had any bad deals out of several thousand, but until I know the person from previous deals I await payment before shipping most of the time.

That said, ultimately its Paul's site and it'll be ran the way he wants it to be, like it or lump it. I'm not about to try and change it.
~ADC~

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Marty B] #7016314
10/13/20 11:09 AM
10/13/20 11:09 AM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7016316
10/13/20 11:10 AM
10/13/20 11:10 AM
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

I have no love for liars and cheets. Why would protect them in any way? Crooks are crooks, anyway you slice it!

None of us like being judged as guilty before we have an opportunity to defend ourselves. I assume you believe in Due Process?

Assumption of innocence is sometimes a little inconvenient because it appears to get in the way of delivering justice, but it is necessary in order to protect the innocent.

By all means, "out" the offenders, but you can't rightly just throw around accusations of guilt on a public forum like this without at least some form of Due Process; like I said before; I assume a moderator or two would be involved.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Marty B] #7016323
10/13/20 11:17 AM
10/13/20 11:17 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
The guy got ripped off-There is no question about who did it or guilt or innocence.One name at least is on another site as a rip off.
Unless you are calling the OP a liar.

Last edited by Boco; 10/13/20 11:18 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: Marty B] #7016340
10/13/20 11:50 AM
10/13/20 11:50 AM
Sandpoint Idaho/ Whitesboro TX
C
cbat Offline
trapper
cbat  Offline
trapper
C

Sandpoint Idaho/ Whitesboro TX
I guess that I have been lucky. In all my dealings on several forums everything has gone smoothly. If I am selling I ship as soon as I get shipping info. Same as paying for something that I commit to buy.

The real Wally
Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: lee steinmeyer] #7016341
10/13/20 11:51 AM
10/13/20 11:51 AM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina

Back when there was a purge, that got deleted by accident.

Re: Why would you lock a thread outing scammers? [Re: ~ADC~] #7016349
10/13/20 12:00 PM
10/13/20 12:00 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index