No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Wolf down [Re: AntiGov] #7026336
10/24/20 05:44 PM
10/24/20 05:44 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
The odfw pet project claims less than 200

Incidents say otherwise . I'm sure many more are purposely un counted for political reasons

We have an over populated cougar problem and they do just fine decimating the deer and elk on thier own .

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Wolf down [Re: AntiGov] #7026354
10/24/20 06:03 PM
10/24/20 06:03 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Another odfw pet project is the release of the non native turkey . The turkey has hammered the grouse here in Oregon.

The odfw can't manage native species very well and have no business introducing non native species

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Wolf down [Re: AntiGov] #7026355
10/24/20 06:04 PM
10/24/20 06:04 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Originally Posted by fishnhunts
Originally Posted by white17
On the other hand........It may be counterproductive to kill an animal that is clearly in a research program. The results of a program like that could actually result in a harvestable surplus by trappers at some date. IMO it is shortsighted to do things like that

I agree. Since I've been around, turkeys have been reintroduced to the area and are very available for harvest, deer are flourishing when they were once not seen as recent as 50 years ago. Bobcats were non-existent basically and now are very common(in the last 5-10 years). Once we overcome the anti his, we will have a season again for them. And we will overcome the antis! Now, I don't know if the folks in oregon are interested in having wolves or not, but if it is native habitat, why not? I don't think any of us are here to see species go extinct. I don't think the guilty party should swing from a rope, but how stupid do you have to be to shoot a collared wolf when the state is known to have less than 200? Pop him with a fine to replace the wolf and pay for some research.

You're correct on the wildlife biologist salaries as well. They don't come close to 6 figures.

Having wolves would be ok if they were managing them from the start. They won't be, and you will have another Idaho situation. Ask the ranchers in Idaho.
No, I wasn't advocating shooting protected animals, but the reward is way over the top.
Personally, I think bringing back the wolves is stupid, as the Idaho situation has already proven. Sportsman and rancher and Farmers will all lose from it eventually.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Wolf down [Re: AntiGov] #7026534
10/24/20 09:02 PM
10/24/20 09:02 PM
Oregon
O
OregonBeaver Offline
trapper
OregonBeaver  Offline
trapper
O

Oregon
No wolf problem in Oregon right... Odfw took two out of traps today for me and radio collared em.[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread