No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What’s it called when you deep fry venison #7031525
10/29/20 02:00 PM
10/29/20 02:00 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
I have seen people on here have recipes for deep fried strips of venison
But I can’t recall what it is you call it when you do that??
I think it was a southern thing but I could be wrong?

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031538
10/29/20 02:14 PM
10/29/20 02:14 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Ruining good meat.

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031539
10/29/20 02:15 PM
10/29/20 02:15 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I don’t know of anyone that deep fries deer. I want all mine cooked med rare to rare.

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031541
10/29/20 02:16 PM
10/29/20 02:16 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
I don't deep fry but I do bread and pan fry to make venison country fried steaks.

[Linked Image]
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031545
10/29/20 02:18 PM
10/29/20 02:18 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Chicken fried venison is what I call it. Some call it country fried.

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031546
10/29/20 02:19 PM
Sumner Il.
P
Polecatt Offline
trapper
Polecatt  Offline
trapper
P

Sumner Il.
A friend soaks his in sweet condes milk and then flour it .

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031547
AK
F
FL cracker in AK Offline
trapper
FL cracker in AK  Offline
trapper
F

AK
Fine vittles!

Psalm 34:6
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: warrior] #7031550
10/29/20 02:21 PM
10/29/20 02:21 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Originally Posted by warrior
I don't deep fry but I do bread and pan fry to make venison country fried steaks.

And a pile of mashed taters and gravy made with the crunchy stuff left in the skillet after frying the steaks and we have just described the best meal I can think of. MMMMMMMMMMMgood smile

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #7031555
10/29/20 02:24 PM
10/29/20 02:24 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood
Originally Posted by warrior

And a pile of mashed taters and gravy made with the crunchy stuff left in the skillet after frying the steaks and we have just described the best meal I can think of. MMMMMMMMMMMgood smile

You know it!

[Linked Image]
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031561
10/29/20 02:35 PM
10/29/20 02:35 PM
Owatonna,mn
C
Cibarius Offline
trapper
Cibarius  Offline
trapper
C

Owatonna,mn
Chizlick is what they used to call it here. Deep fried very hot. Crust on the outside and rare in the middle. Dust with garlic salt.

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031583
10/29/20 03:02 PM
10/29/20 03:02 PM
AK
F
FL cracker in AK Offline
trapper
FL cracker in AK  Offline
trapper
F

AK
If it's warm like in FL, my family puts it in an ice chest for three days with the drain left open, and adds salt and water occasionally. The chop the entire deer into small pieces. Florida deer are generally small, and you'll need all of one, as when you commence to frying, everyone downwind will commence to running your way... they'll find some excuse to visit, such as returning something they borrowed a year ago, or to enquire about the health of your mother's brother's grandfather's cousin's uncle's health. You then soak it in milk for a night, whip a bunch of eggs, mix Cajun seasoning and salt into a bowl of flour, and get the grease hot enough. If you don't know when grease is hot enough without a thermometer, either you don't have a Southern Card, or if you do, you need to hand it in. Get the deer out of the milk, dip in the eggs, roll in the seasoned flour, put in the grease, cook till the flour is golden. Add 8 cups of sugar to the two gallons of tea that's been boiling for an hour, add cold water, makes 8 gallons. While you were frying the deer, you put on some silver queen sweet corn cobs to boil, a pot of fresh black eyed peas, some cornbread, mashed new taters, fried some chopped okra breaded with corn meal, and made gravy from the drippings from all of the frying. If you had some fresh gulf caught mullet you fried them up, and made some french fries and hush puppies. You had some Mississippi mud pies, blueberry pies, carrot cakes, nanner puddin, and cheese cakes already made. When all of the neighbors and kinfolk from downwind get there (Who, even though they all supposedly just "stopped by to say howdy", have suspiciously brought various sides with them, in fine Southern tradition), after a prayer, everyone digs in. Everyone has a high time till late into ths night, with many field games played. That is how you deep fry deer. My mom could do all of this in an hour, or so it seemed.

Psalm 34:6
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031584
10/29/20 03:03 PM
10/29/20 03:03 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
country fried steak

or beer battered buck nuggets

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: Cibarius] #7031600
10/29/20 03:16 PM
10/29/20 03:16 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by Cibarius
Chizlick is what they used to call it here. Deep fried very hot. Crust on the outside and rare in the middle. Dust with garlic salt.

That is what we call it here. Got friends in Watertown SDS that call it the same. LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031603
10/29/20 03:17 PM
10/29/20 03:17 PM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031607
10/29/20 03:20 PM
10/29/20 03:20 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Fondue

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031615
10/29/20 03:30 PM
10/29/20 03:30 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
Cibairus this is what i was looking for, thanks

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: NE Wildlife] #7031631
10/29/20 03:54 PM
10/29/20 03:54 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Good eatin is what I call it.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: FL cracker in AK] #7031646
10/29/20 04:17 PM
10/29/20 04:17 PM
Lufkin, Tx.
L
Lufkin Trapper Offline
trapper
Lufkin Trapper  Offline
trapper
L

Lufkin, Tx.
Originally Posted by FL cracker in AK
If it's warm like in FL, my family puts it in an ice chest for three days with the drain left open, and adds salt and water occasionally. The chop the entire deer into small pieces. Florida deer are generally small, and you'll need all of one, as when you commence to frying, everyone downwind will commence to running your way... they'll find some excuse to visit, such as returning something they borrowed a year ago, or to enquire about the health of your mother's brother's grandfather's cousin's uncle's health. You then soak it in milk for a night, whip a bunch of eggs, mix Cajun seasoning and salt into a bowl of flour, and get the grease hot enough. If you don't know when grease is hot enough without a thermometer, either you don't have a Southern Card, or if you do, you need to hand it in. Get the deer out of the milk, dip in the eggs, roll in the seasoned flour, put in the grease, cook till the flour is golden. Add 8 cups of sugar to the two gallons of tea that's been boiling for an hour, add cold water, makes 8 gallons. While you were frying the deer, you put on some silver queen sweet corn cobs to boil, a pot of fresh black eyed peas, some cornbread, mashed new taters, fried some chopped okra breaded with corn meal, and made gravy from the drippings from all of the frying. If you had some fresh gulf caught mullet you fried them up, and made some french fries and hush puppies. You had some Mississippi mud pies, blueberry pies, carrot cakes, nanner puddin, and cheese cakes already made. When all of the neighbors and kinfolk from downwind get there (Who, even though they all supposedly just "stopped by to say howdy", have suspiciously brought various sides with them, in fine Southern tradition), after a prayer, everyone digs in. Everyone has a high time till late into ths night, with many field games played. That is how you deep fry deer. My mom could do all of this in an hour, or so it seemed.

You know what you're talking about. Bring it on!

Billy
Member # 16.
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: FL cracker in AK] #7031652
10/29/20 04:23 PM
10/29/20 04:23 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia

Nice .

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: What’s it called when you deep fry venison [Re: FL cracker in AK] #7031729
10/29/20 06:10 PM
10/29/20 06:10 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43

Oh my goodness! I live in the wrong part of the world, lol. That "sounds" amazing!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread