Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
History on Northwoods #1 coil stoploss #7059201
11/22/20 08:25 PM
11/22/20 08:25 PM
Southern Ohio
O
Ohiowoodchuck Offline OP
trapper
Ohiowoodchuck  Offline OP
trapper
O

Southern Ohio
I just bought a few dozen of these. Anybody know the history on them or have any pros or cons on using them.

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
— Thomas Paine
Re: History on Northwoods #1 coil stoploss [Re: Ohiowoodchuck] #7060691
11/24/20 12:38 AM
11/24/20 12:38 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I had a dozen years ago. I sold them not because they were bad traps. All my other stoploss traps were Victor round pan traps so I wanted more uniformity.
I have one yet today that I had in a group of used stoploss I bought.
Very strong trap with a nice pan and dog setup. The guard goes forward rather than back and is wider.
The chain attaches at the front of the trap and not on the spring, that can make working the trap a bit more difficult to set or move into position. Also with the guard spring forward if you spring the trap wile setting you get a nice bang on your thumb or fingers.
It may be a good idea to put the chain on the long spring. I have held coons with all of my stoploss and otter as well the Northwoods will hold up well also.

Bryce

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91