No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Remember When? #7080237
12/08/20 10:39 PM
12/08/20 10:39 PM
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
D
Dale Verts Offline OP
trapper
Dale Verts  Offline OP
trapper
D

Lake of the Ozarks, MO
I do. I remember that folks actually talked TRAPPING this time of the year. Before the stupid politics. Before Covid. I remember. But looking at this forum and the bulk of the threads are just weird. I know, folks need a place to blow off a little steam once in a while, but dad gum.

It sure isn't Mr. Dobbins fault. I understand Politics are gonna happen, and to kill every politically-motivated topic would, well, just about kill the forum. It's sad.

Of course, I also remember better fur prices, cheap gas, cheaper supplies, and being proud of what I do. Okay, I'm still proud of my trapping and outdoor heritage, but the other stuff is gone. Maybe forever.

I don't post a lot. I don't get involved in political stuff for sure. But I do very much enjoy reading posts about trapping, seeing first-time catches, and first-time trapper's catches. I really dig it when the kids get involved. Not as much of that happening nowadays, is there?

I remember. I remember tuning in on forums like this when I was new to the interweb, excited at the wealth of knowledge (mixed with a little B.S.) that was all of the sudden available a the touch of a button. Now touching that button results in reading stuff from folks that are anti-everything. We fight like we hate each other. I hate no one. I mean, I don't like what the Libtards are doing, but I don't HATE them. Especially if they're trappers. Sigh.

Anyway. I remember simpler times. I wish we could get there again. Actually I think that's gonna happen (simpler times) but I fear we may be headed there in a bad way, a way that'll make those simpler times very, very complicated.

I take care of my family first. I take care of my friends and my customers next. After that, well, that's up to God. I Believe that. So no matter what happens in the coming months and years, other than my family, friends (probably not customers, I think that's coming to an end) and God, I really don't care. Period. (I'm having T-shirts made that say just that- "I Don't Care. Period").

I wish we could get along like I remember. I know that there has always been conflicts, and trolls and such, but I wish we could see past these stupid differences. But I know that ain't gonna happen. So peace to you all, and Happy Holidays. I'm trapping as much as possible, and to heck with bad fur prices. I'm glad to still be part of it all. It's just too bad that I don't get to peruse a bunch of great trapping topics without wading thru a bunch of political ones. I remember when this wasn't so.

I remember. Peace.

Dale

Leave this long-haired country boy alone...
Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080254
12/08/20 10:47 PM
12/08/20 10:47 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
What about the trapping only forum ?

Right here on T man

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080259
12/08/20 10:48 PM
12/08/20 10:48 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Stick around Dale....I'll do a trapline "ride-along" soon....

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080265
12/08/20 10:51 PM
12/08/20 10:51 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

We bounce around a lot us trappers.
Imagine those old rendezvous dudes!!!

Hey, who's drinking all the high-octane? We're here for two weeks! Slow down.

or

Hey, hey why are we always fighting and talking about the Indians. Can't we just talk beaver trapping?

Just having good old boy fun here Dale. Nothing but good old boy (and girl) fun.

cool

Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080266
12/08/20 10:52 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I thought that was the Trapping Only forum. Pretty sure this is Trapper Talk.

Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080267
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I put out a few more traps today. I am worried I wont have any market. I am just doing favors really. Just finished cleaning beaver out of a farm pond. Set some coon traps and coyote traps at a small cow calf operation today. I can't see hammering on anything just to be hammering on it.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Remember When? [Re: ] #7080273
12/08/20 10:54 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Mark June
We bounce around a lot us trappers.
Imagine those old rendezvous dudes!!!

Hey, who's drinking all the high-octane? We're here for two weeks! Slow down.

or

Hey, why are we always fighting about the Indians. Can't we just talk beaver trapping?

cool

Exactly!

And there is a Trapping Only forum

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080276
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Offline
trapper
Bogmaster  Offline
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
LOL,Dale --if you can remember,you got many of us beat.
If it wasn't for trapping,you and I would never have met. I tell my wife all the time,its really bad that my friends are all so far away.
Lets hope this upcoming year allows us to get together again-it may be for the last time,who knows?
If that time has already come, Thank You for everything.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080279
12/08/20 10:55 PM
12/08/20 10:55 PM

O
Oh Snap
Unregistered
Oh Snap
Unregistered
O

Our Trapping Heritage is at risk this election time. There is a lot at stake so it will soon be over and I hope that we can still have our Liberty and Freedom when its over.

Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080297
12/08/20 11:01 PM
12/08/20 11:01 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

They've moved past anti-trapping to anti-individual freedom so that's a plus for trapping.

Ah, no.

Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080312
12/08/20 11:08 PM
12/08/20 11:08 PM
Indiana
K
keystone Offline
trapper
keystone  Offline
trapper
K

Indiana
Darn near everyone is frustrated on the forum these days, not because of the forum but what’s happening in our country. It is hitting likeminded hunters, trappers, outdoorsmen, etc hard these days and this is a great place for likeminded people to discuss it. It’s hitting all Americans hard even if they don’t realize it, when an election is rigged that’s the worst thing that can happen to our country. To say you don’t care period is a blow to the founding fathers of this great country and those who fought for it. I also can’t imagine how your not getting your trapping fix on this forum, you could read trapping for years on this forum. Have you ever noticed that Fur Fish and Game has been putting out the same articles on trapping for decades just mixed around to sound different? There’s only so many ways to cover trapping, my point is it’s nice to discuss different things. With that being said i think most everyone on this forum wishes things were more simple, that’s what were all complaining about!

Re: Remember When? [Re: Dale Verts] #7080328
12/08/20 11:16 PM
12/08/20 11:16 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Yes, we wish the Chinese were just a bunch of nice entrepreneurs wanting muskrats at $8.25 and Raccoons at $38 average.

Then no one would be online.

grin

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread