No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Is it unethical to waste fur? [Re: Luke C] #7101982
12/23/20 11:59 AM
12/23/20 11:59 AM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
I started trapping exclusively to control coyote population after I saw them attacking fawning does during turkey season one year. I have since broadened my horizons and learned to process fur. It would not hurt my feeling to throw a coyote or any other damage control critter out. Wanton waste in our state does not count for damage control, and yes, people do get deprivation tags to kill deer in the summer in over populated areas. They are not required to harvest the meat or utilize anything on the deer. I like skinning what I catch, but I'm not going to skin a rubbed coyote or mangy one, so what is the difference?

Re: Is it unethical to waste fur? [Re: Luke C] #7101998
12/23/20 12:11 PM
12/23/20 12:11 PM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
Trapping is important to the north american conservation model not because we can hawk fur and sell coon roots for .50¢ at the flea market, trapping is necessary because it plays an important role in the ecology and conservation of fur bearers.

Re: Is it unethical to waste fur? [Re: Dirt] #7102000
12/23/20 12:12 PM
12/23/20 12:12 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Dirt
What's the bible say about killing animals for pleasure Mark?

I did not kill bears for fun. They had to be killed to save thier food source ( and my food source) There was no money in it. I wouldn't have had to do it (or so many) if ADFG could manage wildlife. Very little wildlife in Alaska has economic value when you subtract the cost of production including the cost of your labor from the selling value .

In the case of the bears, I even had to work ( didn't get paid for this work either) to get it legal to sell them through the opposition( they were getting paid) from ADFG. My public servants. smile

Last edited by Dirt; 12/23/20 12:13 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread