Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
JC CONNER WOLF SHOCK SPRINGS #7141300
01/17/21 04:01 PM
01/17/21 04:01 PM
Alaska
N
Nebraskajoe Offline OP
trapper
Nebraskajoe  Offline OP
trapper
N

Alaska
Hello all. Has anyone used the above referenced shock springs? If so did you notice any difference in the catch as far as damage? If you used them what was you method of installation? Thanks in advance for your time.

Joseph

Re: JC CONNER WOLF SHOCK SPRINGS [Re: Nebraskajoe] #7150134
01/22/21 08:47 PM
01/22/21 08:47 PM
Alaska
S
Super Wide Offline
trapper
Super Wide  Offline
trapper
S

Alaska
Yes, I use them on my wolf traps. I have not notice any difference from using my other shock springs on the animal anyways. JC's shock springs are the best I have ever used, compared to the other different kinds, and yes I have used other kinds of springs. I put them in the chain, like in line. I prefer to weld them in. If I just want to pop one on for the season, you can just hook them into the chain, leave some slack, and hook back into the chain for the time being.

The other kind I have used, just crimp onto the chain, they work, but they are not very heavy duty and do not last very long, kind of a one time deal with wolves. The JC's are forever! Hope this helps.

My Super Wide will pull your broken down 4 stroke, up a hill backwards, with you on it!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman