No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: walleye101] #7157312
01/27/21 01:29 PM
01/27/21 01:29 PM
Northern Nevada
B
Bob Offline
trapper
Bob  Offline
trapper
B

Northern Nevada
Originally Posted by walleye101

All the new gadgets are kinda nice when they still work, thats my point.
Nice when the tire monitor system tells you your tire pressure, but sure sucks as the sensors go bad and you always have the tire light flashing on the dashboard.

Tire sensors are easy to fix. Most things on a newer vehicle are, except on fords because they make things so that they need a special tool that you can only buy from Ford for $600.

I like old trucks as much as the next guy, but I’m not naive enough to think that fossil fuels are gonna be our main mode of transportation 30 years from now. Sure, guys way out in the sticks will probably still be using gas and diesel, but they’ll be the minority. In 30 years I’ll bet 75%+ of the civilized world drives electric vehicles. Not long after that I bet our airplanes and space ships,etc. will be powered by anti-matter. Look it up, anti-matter technology does exist and it’s incredible. It’s also incredibly expensive to make, but time will fix that. Right now it would bankrupt the US to make 1 teaspoon of it, but that one teaspoon would be enough to get us to Mars and back several times. It’s possible that anti matter is the future, and electric is just a stepping stone.

"I have two guns, one for each of ya."
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157318
01/27/21 01:36 PM
01/27/21 01:36 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
I'm not a believer in the" Bankrupt the U.S." theory anymore.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157323
01/27/21 01:41 PM
01/27/21 01:41 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
In 30 years most will take public transportation, won't be able to afford the car or the charging.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: walleye101] #7157331
01/27/21 01:46 PM
01/27/21 01:46 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
A persons perspective on new technology depends on where you fit in the market. Those who buy new seem to be sucked in by bells and whistles. I shake my head watching truck commercials comparing tailgate configurations. Some fold down into a staircase, open sideways, or open/close automatically. I watch and wonder how well that gimmic will work after a couple years of hard use. Being in the usedabit market I am more interested in longevity, durability, and reliability that comes with simplicity. I like a tailgate that hasn't automatically locked when I try to get it open, and on some of my older trucks, one that opens and closes without falling off.

I hate what they did to the pickup. They made it for homo yuppies instead of the working man. I don't need a staircase on my tailgate. I don't need leather seats, I don't want a 4 or 6' bed. That's like cutting the tip off a condom, it's completely useless. Heck, I'm a big boy, I can even roll down a window all by myself. When is the last time you saw a modern pickup with manual windows? I don't want and I don't need any of that crap. I sure don't need emission junk on there robbing 1/3rd the horsepower. People should go to prison or be hung for the desecration of the pickup truck.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157342
01/27/21 01:52 PM
01/27/21 01:52 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Finster
A persons perspective on new technology depends on where you fit in the market. Those who buy new seem to be sucked in by bells and whistles. I shake my head watching truck commercials comparing tailgate configurations. Some fold down into a staircase, open sideways, or open/close automatically. I watch and wonder how well that gimmic will work after a couple years of hard use. Being in the usedabit market I am more interested in longevity, durability, and reliability that comes with simplicity. I like a tailgate that hasn't automatically locked when I try to get it open, and on some of my older trucks, one that opens and closes without falling off.

I hate what they did to the pickup. They made it for homo yuppies instead of the working man. I don't need a staircase on my tailgate. I don't need leather seats, I don't want a 4 or 6' bed. That's like cutting the tip off a condom, it's completely useless. Heck, I'm a big boy, I can even roll down a window all by myself. When is the last time you saw a modern pickup with manual windows? I don't want and I don't need any of that crap. I sure don't need emission junk on there robbing 1/3rd the horsepower. People should go to prison or be hung for the desecration of the pickup truck.

Amen!!!!!!

That's why when my '96 bit the dust because of rust, I drug out my old '85 and put it back on the road. Its twice the vehicle without all the electronic scrap.

Rubber floormats, crank windows and even has a drip edge above the doors so you can open them without snow and water dropping all over the seat. Has a wing window too!! laugh

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157361
01/27/21 02:04 PM
01/27/21 02:04 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Good lord. Instead of complaining, get out the classified section and buy an older truck. Or even better, you can start your own company that only manufactures older style trucks without any modern features. Consider using the anti-homo yuppy concept and weird condom analogy in your marketing materials.

And Finster you are a real hero of the free market and freedom in general. Let's imprison or hang people for manufacturing products that people obviously want--like trucks with automatic windows.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157368
01/27/21 02:09 PM
01/27/21 02:09 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Lol this onehas got to be the best garbage yet. laugh. Please,in all your technical expertise, tell us how emmisions equipment robs any horsepower, let alone 1/3 the horsepower laugh

Just for a baseline on some horsepower numbers, a 1975 chevy truck with a 350 V8 made 145 horsepower. A 2020 chevy truck with a 4.3 V6 makes 276 horsepower.....thats right, the new computer controlled emmisions laden V6 makes 131 more horsepower than the old carbureted V8.

Last edited by loosegoose; 01/27/21 02:13 PM.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157376
01/27/21 02:14 PM
01/27/21 02:14 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
They didn't outlaw oats when cars came on the scene... The cars won out by being better technology.

I hope technology advances to the point that we no longer have to burn something, or split atoms, to boil water into steam to crank a turbine. But right now wind, solar, hopes, and dreams aren't going to cut it.

On the plus side, you should be able to pick up castoff government vehicles for a decent price... Actually they should give them away since we paid for the @&$# things once already.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Mike in A-town] #7157378
01/27/21 02:16 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
They didn't outlaw oats when cars came on the scene... The cars won out by being better technology.

I hope technology advances to the point that we no longer have to burn something, or split atoms, to boil water into steam to crank a turbine. But right now wind, solar, hopes, and dreams aren't going to cut it.

On the plus side, you should be able to pick up castoff government vehicles for a decent price... Actually they should give them away since we already paid for the @&$# things once already.

Mike

A fine idea.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157379
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Here ya go Finn, walked out and took a pic to make ya jealous! grin

[Linked Image]

Cab is completely refurbished which only needed a rocker panel, new windshield because of fogging along the edges and a fresh coat of paint. Just found a decent bed and am waiting for better weather to finish the cosmetics on it.
Behind it is my '76 stepvan my dad bought new. We run it about everywhere because the wife likes riding in it. It has a bathroom, sink and bed in it and gets 13mpg. Hard to find something newer at half its size that will get that.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157392
01/27/21 02:23 PM
01/27/21 02:23 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"However, the recent shift in policy towards sustainable energy sources, as well as the continuously declining prices of electric vehicles has began to give electric vehicles the edge they need to take over the market. Bob Lutz, former chairman of General Motors, predicts that "by 2039, almost all private transportation will be done by electric vehicles."

Only 19 more years. I'd bet against this!

" Plug-in electric cars accounted for just under 1% of all 146 million new light-duty vehicle sales between 2011 and 2019.Oct 22, 2020"

Gonna need some FORCE!

Last edited by Dirt; 01/27/21 02:28 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157398
01/27/21 02:25 PM
01/27/21 02:25 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
You guys should've watched the Whitehouse press conference today. We're in for major global warming expenses, and fast!

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: hippie] #7157403
01/27/21 02:33 PM
01/27/21 02:33 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by hippie
You guys should've watched the Whitehouse press conference today. We're in for major global warming expenses, and fast!

I saw it. It's not good. Now tell me how I voted for Biden--when I didn't.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Blaine County] #7157406
01/27/21 02:36 PM
01/27/21 02:36 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Blaine County

You voted for biden!!!!!! laugh

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157407
01/27/21 02:39 PM
01/27/21 02:39 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
[Linked Image]

Ya I don't see the government replace their vehicles out in this country, it over 100 miles to the nearest field office from this sign.

Last edited by nvwrangler; 01/27/21 02:41 PM.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: white marlin] #7157414
01/27/21 02:42 PM
01/27/21 02:42 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by white marlin
it'll be great when they have charging stations at the far end of your registered line, won't it?

Yes it will be great to have a solar charger at camp-no more hauling in 45 gallon gas drums in the fall.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Blaine County] #7157420
01/27/21 02:47 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Blaine County

You campaigned for him for 4 years, face the facts now and stop whining because you got exactly what you've been on here advocating for. (Trump out)

Last edited by hippie; 01/27/21 02:48 PM.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157421
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
I've stopped to render aid at several car accidents... A couple of times the cars caught fire. Nothing like TV or the movies though, pretty unremarkable to watch.

But lithium burns similar to magnesium. You don't want your cell phone in your pocket if the battery lights off.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: hippie] #7157423
01/27/21 02:49 PM
01/27/21 02:49 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

You campaigned for him for 4 years, face the facts now and stop whining because you got exactly what you've been on here advocating for.

I knew you couldn't resist!

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157432
01/27/21 02:53 PM
01/27/21 02:53 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Neither could you.

And you lie, I haven't claimed you voted for Biden.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread