No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157436
01/27/21 02:54 PM
01/27/21 02:54 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by walleye101
A persons perspective on new technology depends on where you fit in the market. Those who buy new seem to be sucked in by bells and whistles. I shake my head watching truck commercials comparing tailgate configurations. Some fold down into a staircase, open sideways, or open/close automatically. I watch and wonder how well that gimmic will work after a couple years of hard use. Being in the usedabit market I am more interested in longevity, durability, and reliability that comes with simplicity. I like a tailgate that hasn't automatically locked when I try to get it open, and on some of my older trucks, one that opens and closes without falling off.

I hate what they did to the pickup. They made it for homo yuppies instead of the working man. I don't need a staircase on my tailgate. I don't need leather seats, I don't want a 4 or 6' bed. That's like cutting the tip off a condom, it's completely useless. Heck, I'm a big boy, I can even roll down a window all by myself. When is the last time you saw a modern pickup with manual windows? I don't want and I don't need any of that crap. I sure don't need emission junk on there robbing 1/3rd the horsepower. People should go to prison or be hung for the desecration of the pickup truck.

I'm practically afraid of the steering wheel on my pickup. There are so many buttons on there I have to be careful not to bump any of them since I don't know what some of them do. And don't they make regular radios any more? I've accidently hit buttons on the radio and the screen changed to something I'd never seen or had a clue on what it was! I had to pull over, get out the manual and try and figure out what had just happened. No wonder trucks are so expensive. I asked one dealer if I could order a pickup without all the stuff on it and was told, "No, that's all standard equipment now."

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157438
01/27/21 02:55 PM
01/27/21 02:55 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
No body owns up to voting for Biden....where did he get all those votes then????

Anyhow, troll someone else, your really not worth getting a vacation so buzz off.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157448
01/27/21 03:02 PM
01/27/21 03:02 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
How's this for an uncluttered steering wheel Trapper7??

[Linked Image]

Instead of push buttons to activate relays and temp settings, a simple toggle switch and cable operated heat valve.

[Linked Image]

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157566
01/27/21 05:03 PM
01/27/21 05:03 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
My 2015 Silveraydoe has 120000 miles on it. I've changed oil and filter in a timely manner, spark plugs once, which wasn't necessary, and tranny fluid and filter once. They are much less maintenance than the 70s. I gradgeeated from WyoTech in 75 and played the mechanic game for $2.25 /hr!

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157635
01/27/21 05:58 PM
01/27/21 05:58 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
I love my old V8's, and I hate change in so many ways, but I'm smart enough to not completely bury my head in the sand. My buddy's new F150 would SMOKE any old pickup in almost every category on the board..... acceleration, pulling, MPG, etc.

I HOPE we continue to invest in refining and improving our technology as we can't run on oil forever. This doesn't mean I think we should make it illegal to drive our old cars, trucks, etc and completely stop refining oil to make gas and diesel. I think we will need significant fossil fuels for vehicles well beyond my lifetime, but we dang well better have been working on something better.

Divesting in fossil fuels and kind of forcing the issue will kind of force the big players (ExxonMobil, bP, etc) to stay more actively involved and compete with Tesla, GM, etc.

If we can just accept it's coming yet admit it's a ways off we will all be better off.

Do I think electric vehicles is our LONG term answer? Hopefully not as I think we can do even better, but that's even further out! Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Blaine County] #7157738
01/27/21 07:00 PM
01/27/21 07:00 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Blaine County

Good lord. Instead of complaining, get out the classified section and buy an older truck. Or even better, you can start your own company that only manufactures older style trucks without any modern features. Consider using the anti-homo yuppy concept and weird condom analogy in your marketing materials.

And Finster you are a real hero of the free market and freedom in general. Let's imprison or hang people for manufacturing products that people obviously want--like trucks with automatic windows.

This is a highly advanced electron microscope. It cost millions of dollars and can see viruses. If I used this, I could still not see how little your opinion matters to me.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Finster; 01/27/21 07:09 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: loosegoose] #7157743
01/27/21 07:03 PM
01/27/21 07:03 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Lol this onehas got to be the best garbage yet. laugh. Please,in all your technical expertise, tell us how emmisions equipment robs any horsepower, let alone 1/3 the horsepower laugh

Just for a baseline on some horsepower numbers, a 1975 chevy truck with a 350 V8 made 145 horsepower. A 2020 chevy truck with a 4.3 V6 makes 276 horsepower.....thats right, the new computer controlled emmisions laden V6 makes 131 more horsepower than the old carbureted V8.

Yea, right on shade tree. I've also noticed how NHRA and NASCAR are now running emissions equipment because of that killer boost in horsepower. Go back to your coloring book and let the adults talk awhile.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157750
01/27/21 07:10 PM
01/27/21 07:10 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Y’all do know you can order a vehicle exactly how you want it? My buddy picked out the features he wanted and told them to leave the rest of the junk at the factory. Got him a nice F150 with vinyl seats and floors. He did get electric windows and mirrors for towing purposes. And electric 4x4...even I don’t miss getting out and locking in the hubs. But most of the other accessories were left off. Price was almost half what a normal truck cost although he did have to put half down and paid the other half 3 months later when the truck was delivered from the factory.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157759
01/27/21 07:16 PM
01/27/21 07:16 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Blaine County

Good lord. Instead of complaining, get out the classified section and buy an older truck. Or even better, you can start your own company that only manufactures older style trucks without any modern features. Consider using the anti-homo yuppy concept and weird condom analogy in your marketing materials.

And Finster you are a real hero of the free market and freedom in general. Let's imprison or hang people for manufacturing products that people obviously want--like trucks with automatic windows.

This is a highly advanced electron microscope. It cost millions of dollars and can see viruses. If I used this, I could still not see how little your opinion matters to me.

[Linked Image]

LMAO!!!

-Goofy-
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157761
01/27/21 07:17 PM
01/27/21 07:17 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Lol this onehas got to be the best garbage yet. laugh. Please,in all your technical expertise, tell us how emmisions equipment robs any horsepower, let alone 1/3 the horsepower laugh

Just for a baseline on some horsepower numbers, a 1975 chevy truck with a 350 V8 made 145 horsepower. A 2020 chevy truck with a 4.3 V6 makes 276 horsepower.....thats right, the new computer controlled emmisions laden V6 makes 131 more horsepower than the old carbureted V8.

Yea, right on shade tree. I've also noticed how NHRA and NASCAR are now running emissions equipment because of that killer boost in horsepower. Go back to your coloring book and let the adults talk awhile.

You’re killing me Smalls! ROTFLMAO!

-Goofy-
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157780
01/27/21 07:32 PM
01/27/21 07:32 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Creepy Joe and his government can and will switch the entire fleet to electric because THEY DON"T CARE WHAT IT COSTS! Taxpayers will just foot the bill, so who the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) cares?

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157785
01/27/21 07:36 PM
01/27/21 07:36 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Lol you're joking, right? The parts changer calling the professional tech "shade tree". You're embarrassing yourself, man. You're putting your ignorance out there for us to see. I don't think you're stupid, I'm sure you're a fairly smart guy. You just don't even know what you're talking about.

Seriously, though. Tell me how emmisions equipment reduces horsepower by 1/3, or we all just know your full of crap. Explain it in all it's technical glory. Lay it all out for me. Each system. Evap, catalytic converter, EGR, and PCV. Don't tell me how they were crap in the 70s, tell me how a modern emmisions system reduces horsepower. I look forward to your answers.

Last edited by loosegoose; 01/27/21 07:38 PM.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157787
01/27/21 07:37 PM
01/27/21 07:37 PM
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
I didn't know you could order a reg. 'base' truck as what we use to call them. Never did understand why they quit making just reg. ol trucks for people like me to work out of without all the caddilac crap on them and sell them for half what they sell the tricked out road riding junk for.

As for the topic, the ONLY reason your communist party is pushing/shoving this crap is because China makes all the battery's for them! They can pollute till their hearts content making this junk while we restrict all of our company's to the point they go out of business with climate change crap as the vehicle to do it.

As for running out of oil, just the balken find alone has enough to supply the country for 200 years! But run back to the 70s and claim we have to do something as we have used up all the oil on the planet. Was global cooling back then instead of global warming. I imagine that's what it will be again if we have a few cold winters. ANYTHING works to gain CONTROL which is all any of this is about.

Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: hippie] #7157790
01/27/21 07:40 PM
01/27/21 07:40 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by hippie
How's this for an uncluttered steering wheel Trapper7??

[Linked Image]

Instead of push buttons to activate relays and temp settings, a simple toggle switch and cable operated heat valve.

[Linked Image]

Now that's a vehicle! Even has a clutch! That's a mans vehicle right there.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Bob] #7157831
01/27/21 08:10 PM
01/27/21 08:10 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Bob
So since you can’t see it anytime soon, we shouldn’t take steps toward it?

Let China work out all the bugs with electric cars...Then we can swipe the technology. I got a feeling you're either trolling or live downwind from a ethanol plant.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Jtrapper] #7157839
01/27/21 08:16 PM
01/27/21 08:16 PM
Barnum, MN
S
ScottW Offline
trapper
ScottW  Offline
trapper
S

Barnum, MN
Originally Posted by Jtrapper
I didn't know you could order a reg. 'base' truck as what we use to call them. Never did understand why they quit making just reg. ol trucks for people like me to work out of without all the caddilac crap on them and sell them for half what they sell the tricked out road riding junk for.

As for the topic, the ONLY reason your communist party is pushing/shoving this crap is because China makes all the battery's for them! They can pollute till their hearts content making this junk while we restrict all of our company's to the point they go out of business with climate change crap as the vehicle to do it.

As for running out of oil, just the balken find alone has enough to supply the country for 200 years! But run back to the 70s and claim we have to do something as we have used up all the oil on the planet. Was global cooling back then instead of global warming. I imagine that's what it will be again if we have a few cold winters. ANYTHING works to gain CONTROL which is all any of this is about.

It's at least partially because some are looking toward the future. 200 years isn't even 3 generations. Gotta have other technology squared away before we do actually run out of oil. Happy trapping! ScottW

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Boco] #7157841
01/27/21 08:17 PM
01/27/21 08:17 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Boco
Electric propulsion technology is used in high speed rail .Extremely fast speeds and awesome accelleration.
Europe and Japan have high speed rail networks.China recently built an 8000 mile high speed rail network.Electric propulsion is definitely the future.North America is sadly being left behind.

Gonna be able to run your trapline with a electric snowmachine or electric quad?

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: trapdog1] #7157850
01/27/21 08:24 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Creepy Joe and his government can and will switch the entire fleet to electric because THEY DON"T CARE WHAT IT COSTS! Taxpayers will just foot the bill, so who the (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) cares?

Honestly, our presidents life span left is less than the new batteries I just put in my golf cart. I get 8+ years with good care. Our president does not care, he likely won't be around when my golf cart need new batteries. That cart is about the only good electric vehicle. Good for 2 18 hole rounds on a hilly course.

Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Finster] #7157852
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Why not?

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Executive Order Make All Federal Vehicles Electric [Re: Bob] #7157864
01/27/21 08:29 PM
01/27/21 08:29 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
Originally Posted by Bob
Originally Posted by walleye101

All the new gadgets are kinda nice when they still work, thats my point.
Nice when the tire monitor system tells you your tire pressure, but sure sucks as the sensors go bad and you always have the tire light flashing on the dashboard.

Tire sensors are easy to fix. Most things on a newer vehicle are, except on fords because they make things so that they need a special tool that you can only buy from Ford for $600.

I like old trucks as much as the next guy, but I’m not naive enough to think that fossil fuels are gonna be our main mode of transportation 30 years from now. Sure, guys way out in the sticks will probably still be using gas and diesel, but they’ll be the minority. In 30 years I’ll bet 75%+ of the civilized world drives electric vehicles. Not long after that I bet our airplanes and space ships,etc. will be powered by anti-matter. Look it up, anti-matter technology does exist and it’s incredible. It’s also incredibly expensive to make, but time will fix that. Right now it would bankrupt the US to make 1 teaspoon of it, but that one teaspoon would be enough to get us to Mars and back several times. It’s possible that anti matter is the future, and electric is just a stepping stone.

At that pace we won't need electric vehicles. Just stand on the Star Trek transporter pad, and shout beam me up Scotty! Yeah sure, a tire valve stem went from $ 1.25 to $89.95...

Last edited by Feedinggrounds; 01/27/21 08:31 PM.

Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread