No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164552
01/31/21 10:44 PM
01/31/21 10:44 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
Originally Posted by Mark June
What's the answer to fear?

Reality

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164556
01/31/21 10:45 PM
01/31/21 10:45 PM
Northern Maine
Bruce T Offline
trapper
Bruce T  Offline
trapper

Northern Maine

Faith

Nevada bound
Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164574
01/31/21 10:59 PM
01/31/21 10:59 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
I don't fear death I won't be alone. What I do fear is nursing home and a poor quality of life at the end. I want to just drop in my happy hunting grounds some place.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Fear of Death [Re: Bruce T] #7164576
01/31/21 11:00 PM
01/31/21 11:00 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Bruce T

Faith

wink

Re: Fear of Death [Re: Pawnee] #7164618
01/31/21 11:44 PM
01/31/21 11:44 PM
SE SD
D
DWC Offline
trapper
DWC  Offline
trapper
D

SE SD
Originally Posted by Pawnee
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Most people are afraid of living.

Boy howdy isn’t that the truth!

Well said Mark

Im afraid our government is going to try and stop our way of living. Not political, a valid fear.

Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164622
01/31/21 11:48 PM
01/31/21 11:48 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

All struggle with a lack of faith.
Unbelievers.
Believers.
Even Christ's disciples.

Ever worry? Why? God says don't.
Ever complain? Why?
Ever fear? Why? God has this.

When we say God can't or God won't or I can when God says I shouldn't....
it's called lack of faith.
Usually grounded in our age old self-righteousness.
We all struggle against it.
We all struggle with it.

A bit of perspective often bears fruit.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164624
01/31/21 11:50 PM
01/31/21 11:50 PM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
I don't fear death I've flat lined 3 times already I have a device in my chest that keeps me alive. I live with a incurable disease that is eating away at my muscles. I have been given a gift that has removed all fear from my heart yes I have fearful thoughts of dieing but in my heart I have peace.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164633
02/01/21 12:02 AM
02/01/21 12:02 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
All struggle with a lack of faith.
Unbelievers.
Believers.

When we say God can't or God won't or I can when God says I shouldn't....
it's called lack of faith.
Usually grounded in our age old self-righteousness.
We all struggle against it.
We all struggle with it.

I find that very insightful. I think we all struggle in our initial approaches to God trying to justify ourselves in some way. We can't and the harder we try, the worse things appear. We appeal to the law when we need to appeal to grace.

Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164637
02/01/21 12:03 AM
02/01/21 12:03 AM

J
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J Staton OP
Unregistered
J

The second death is what to fear...unless Grace abounds.

Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164661
02/01/21 12:26 AM
02/01/21 12:26 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
To function without fear you must accept that you are already dead.....and go about your business. None of us are getting out of this alive.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164677
02/01/21 12:45 AM
02/01/21 12:45 AM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline
trapper

NY
I have a different take on this subject. I don't believe it is Death that most people are afraid of. Rather, I think it is the unknown dying process that someone will have to face going through. Will I die quietly in my sleep when I am 100 years old and in good health ? Wil I die in a horrible Car accident ? Will I die a long , lingering painful Death; after suffering through years of various Cancer treatments and surgeries to stop the Cancer; only to find out that it was all for nothing.

The best that one can hope for, is to live their life to the best and fullest that they can. Enjoy every day. Try to treat the people around you good. Yesterday is gone. We only have today. Tomorrow is never guaranteed. Use the past as a guidebook. to chart your way through life in the future.

Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164791
02/01/21 06:58 AM
02/01/21 06:58 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

With all respect CB, your assessment would have been discarded as a fool's dream prior to about 200 years ago in all of human history.
The best one can hope for has throughout human history - been more than this life. Only since post-Renaissance (> 1500's) on into what is termed the Enlightenment Era (post 1700's) has mankind in our Western world deemed the afterlife irrelevant and God right along with it, no matter what god you're discussing.
We don't think about that much anymore, and they sure don't teach it in secular school, but that doesn't make it so. Much of what is taught now in school isn't truth, it's preparation for a life of productivity in a society aimed inward.

Anyone who cares for the psyche (mental) of people knows that the theme of death is front and center, and the theme of "how will I die?" is cloaking for I prefer not to. I learn much from those with months, weeks, days, or hours to live. I learn mostly that the facade comes off and the real begins. Every time, unless the person is coerced by those around them to "hang on," for those around them who selfishly live their lives, even as a person they know is about to die. We are not, as a people, very well prepared for death and so the reality of it stings deep. As Satan would have it.

When I minister to those who are close to death, there is typically a spiritual battle raging in that person. The will to live is as strong as anything we know, or think we know, and since we're made in His image, I offer to the dying person it appears there's a Holy purpose for all of it.

And I typically share the parable written, recorded and blessedly revealed to us all from the Gospels of Jesus; teaching the parable of the laborers in the vineyard.
The vineyard landowner (God) agrees to hire laborers for a denarius a day and sends them into his vineyard to labor (making of the Old Testament covenant with Israel). They agree to this proposition. Then there's the scene of laborers "standing around" at various hours and finally the landowner (God) offers to idle laborers the chance to go into the vineyard at the 11th hour and be hired for the same wages (offering of the New Covenant of Jesus Christ) as the first laborers. As the day ends and all line up for payment, the laborers who worked longer hours think it unfair that those who came in and worked for a shorter time than they did are paid the same rate! What? Not fair they say! Look what I did!

This is the group (most of us) who love "works" and expect to be paid for "I did the best I could, look at how I treat others, I'm a good person, I did more than them, who are they compared to me!..... that kind of thinking that afflicts us all," .... but the landowner (God) pays them all the same as he has the right to do. It's his vineyard and God will do as God wants because it's all His.

I always read the last lines of that Matthew 20 passage and it's generally at this point that eyes tear up (our soul recognizes even as our mind rebels), as I read the last portion;
"Take what is yours and go, but I (God) wish to give to this last man (11th hour) the same as to you (those who came to faith many years ago). 'Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with what is my own? Or is your way envious (evil) because I (God) am generous (good)?' So the last (New Covenant - Jesus - believers) shall be first, and the first (those sticking with the Old Covenant Law (Judaizers) and anyone who stakes their self-works as their witness before God = those who reject Jesus - unbelievers) last"

Don't you just enjoy a good True story from the Creator? I know a lot of Hospice patients that sure do, even if it's moments before they close their eyes for a final time in this life.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164866
02/01/21 09:14 AM
B61-12 vicinity, MO
T
TreedaBlackdog Offline
trapper
TreedaBlackdog  Offline
trapper
T

B61-12 vicinity, MO
Philippians 1:21 - before I go I pray I bring more along. I choose daily to rebuke Satan and fear. I will praise the Lord in all things now in preparation of my eternal life with Him.

Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7164868
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ

turning your life over to Christ and let him deal with it.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Fear of Death [Re: Bruce T] #7164953
02/01/21 10:40 AM
02/01/21 10:40 AM
USA MN
Snowpa Online content
trapper
Snowpa  Online Content
trapper

USA MN
I want to go the same way Mary went.

With a little lamb .Couldn't resist

Never Confuse Stupid With Crazy
Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7165157
02/01/21 01:46 PM
02/01/21 01:46 PM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Faith is expecting God to move.

Fear is expecting the devil to move.

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7165172
02/01/21 02:02 PM
02/01/21 02:02 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Faith might be more aimed at: trusting God's Will be done.

Testing God is one of the biggest producers of atheists according to Barna research.
I expected God to do this and He didn't = no God.

What we concur is just that.... what we concur.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7165256
02/01/21 03:47 PM
02/01/21 03:47 PM
Hutchinson KS
K
Kansas Rook Offline
trapper
Kansas Rook  Offline
trapper
K

Hutchinson KS
It is interesting that a counselor that I know spent most of their time and practice working with those who were suicidal. Now those same people have a very strong fear that COVID will kill them. My initial reaction was shock but reflection leads me to believe that both situations are results of mental demons that still have their way with some.

However, I think the word fear has become the most passive aggressive term in the English language. i.e. " Well I'm not scared of COVID, I don't have the same fear your do." This ultimately implies the fearful one is weaker and has less intestinal fortitude than the person speaking. As it stands if someone chooses to wear a mask or get vaccinated many will say it's because they are scared.

Many of the folks who chastise others rely on their religious affiliations to justify this language stating the Bible tells them not to be afraid and not to worry but pray. I agree with these suggestions as I am too a follower of Christ. However, it was not until I worked out my salvation with FEAR and understanding that I came to terms that fear can result in positive changes. You see as a Christian I accept that FEAR of the Lord can be a good thing as it causes me to seek His face and live a way the He would want me to live. In turn those who have had fear of a virus may also have chosen to do things that might, in their mind, mitigate their risk or perhaps even mitigate yours.

Ultimately, I think COVID is just another one of millions of ways to leave this life. In turn I recognize that the fear some have is an opportunity to help usher in the lifted burdens that come with a walk with Christ. A pathway, if you will, to show grace and love instead of judgement or condescending use of words to describe the emotion they are feeling. (Mark not saying this is what you have done just spouting my 2 cents)

Re: Fear of Death [Re: Bruce T] #7165296
02/01/21 04:36 PM
02/01/21 04:36 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Originally Posted by Posco
I witnessed to my father and mother about Christ shortly after I became a Christian. I wanted to, but also felt I needed to. My mother looked at me like I was crazy and my father was so offended he wouldn't talk to me for months.

I understand he finally "accepted" Christ just days before he passed. I wasn't there and can't speak to whether the transformation was real or not but his lifelong conviction of the afterlife passed just before he did. Was it the fear of the unknown? I don't know. My mother never did give any indication of changing her opinion.

They say most people die much they way they've lived.

If he got final rites he's all set.

What if they aren't Catholic?? They won't receive last rites.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: Fear of Death [Re: ] #7165304
02/01/21 04:45 PM
02/01/21 04:45 PM
NW Illinois
K
Kevin Stake Offline
trapper
Kevin Stake  Offline
trapper
K

NW Illinois
Some prayers are answered, some are not. God’s will not ours. Also God’s timing not ours. It’s all about Jesus not me. Less of me more about Jesus.

It is more blessed to give than to receive
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread