No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Providence Farm] #7177876
02/11/21 12:24 PM
02/11/21 12:24 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Get you info right that was a legal move to protect their assets from NY trying to take their money, people are fleeing NY so why would the NRA not do the same to protect itself from being robbed.

[Legal move or not are you saying they didn't go bankrupt? They did so sounds like he is correct to me.

Why didn't they move to a freedom loving pro gun state years ago. Can't see the writing on the wall or plan for the future very effectively do they. [/quote]

Protecting their assets nothing more if the NRA was in real trouble the MSM would be all over it every day. LOL

Last edited by Law Dog; 02/11/21 12:24 PM.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177886
02/11/21 12:28 PM
02/11/21 12:28 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
No one should surprised. Hard to believe that some on here said this wouldnt happen.

https://justthenews.com/government/...white-house-executive-action-forthcoming

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177908
02/11/21 12:45 PM
02/11/21 12:45 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Online content
trapper
Providence Farm  Online Content
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Which group do you send money to Providence Farm ?

Any recent accomplishments by them you can share?

GOA. They supported the kid protecting himself from the rioting thugs pretty quickly. That also keep a lot of people informed and make it easy for nonmembers to send emails off.

Honesty I don't hate the NRA I'm just not a blind banner carrier. I call them out on the failures to bad the voting members don't. It could be what many think and what I wish they were if they would. But to many jellyfish gun owners. The organization accurately reflects its membership unfortunately.

For example many support background checks, waiting periods, storage requirements, mental evaluation ect..

They don't like or see the need for an Ar15 or anything beyond a revolver, break action or bolt gun.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 02/11/21 01:00 PM.
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Providence Farm] #7177937
02/11/21 01:04 PM
02/11/21 01:04 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by hippie
I understand y'all blame the NRA for anti gun laws, and some they are guilty on....but what was gained in that approach?

Here's an example that gets pointed out on here as the NRA compromising, even said to have supported .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

If you read what the NRA submitted as this bill, it was all pro gun. Enter the democrats which held the house by a large margin, 50-70, I'm not sure anymore but they were needed in a big way to pass the pro gun portions. The NRA DID NOT WRITE THE ANTI AUTOMATIC portion of the bill or support that portion. As you can read, the house dems did that.

But yet when an NRA mention comes up, the un-informed start in on the NRA.

They can keep their pro gun parts if I can have my new full auto rights back. Better to withdraw than compromise on a bad law.

I call it selling out one thing for another. I was 5 going on 6 at the time. I bet you can try to defend what they did on bump stock. Basically giving Trump the ok and being the populist he is he jumped on it. Set one very poor president. I'm sure the gun grabbers are taking their hats off to both of them.

Problem is, your pointing your finger at the wrong people. The politicians put that part in.

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177939
02/11/21 01:06 PM
02/11/21 01:06 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
How much time does the NRA waste trying to keep it legal for you gun nuts to be able to own military looking weapons. A lot. I see the need for semi-auto guns, but I don't need for them to look like military weapons. Does it matter if they look like military weapons, no. If they make nonsense laws saying they can't look like military weapons, do I care: not really. As long as they don't make semi-autos illegal, I don't care if they make it illegal for them to be black, or no pistol grip, or 30 round magazine. This where the NRA represents you, not me.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177940
02/11/21 01:07 PM
02/11/21 01:07 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
I can hear ya in the future, it will go like this..............

The Dems will introduce a bill that goes after 5-6 gun rights. The NRA will be the only group there fighting for us but will get the Dems to drop only 3 of the parts.
The next day, you'll blame the NRA for "compromising".

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Providence Farm] #7177950
02/11/21 01:13 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA

Originally Posted by Lugnut
Which group do you send money to Providence Farm ?

Any recent accomplishments by them you can share?

GOA. They supported the kid protecting himself from the rioting thugs pretty quickly. That also keep a lot of people informed and make it easy for nonmembers to send emails off.

Honesty I don't hate the NRA I'm just not a blind banner carrier. I call them out on the failures to bad the voting members don't. It could be what many think and what I wish they were if they would. But to many jellyfish gun owners. The organization accurately reflects its membership unfortunately.

For example many support background checks, waiting periods, storage requirements, mental evaluation ect..

They don't like or see the need for an Ar15 or anything beyond a revolver, break action or bolt gun.

Thanks for the GOA update.

And I agree with you about jellyfish gun owners. I don't agree that the NRA reflects their ideals.

And as far a voting members not calling them out. That has been happening for years. Unfortunately there has been a power-struggle going on and many dissenting board members are silenced through politics and voting members voices are not always heard. There needs to be a change at the top, I don't argue that. LaPierre has done an outstanding job but I believe it is time for him to go.

They are still the most powerful gun lobby in the Country and the one most feared by gun-grabbing politicians. We need them. We need to support them and the other organizations.

Eh...wot?

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177952
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Well I guess it wasn't the NRA that supported the bump stock ban. And don't give me that all they did was tell them to look at it crap. Anyone watching can see they clearly let Trump know they supported him on it.

The night before they came out with there stance on bump stocks I filled everything out to get myself, wife and 3 kids life memberships. I was finally happy with the direction they were going mainly do to the support and attention they gave the HPA.. It was late at night 0and a large cash outlay so waited to discuss it with the wife in the morning and get her approval. Low and behold guess what I saw when I checked the news that morning. Boy was I glad I waited.

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Dirt] #7177954
02/11/21 01:15 PM
02/11/21 01:15 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
Originally Posted by Dirt
How much time does the NRA waste trying to keep it legal for you gun nuts to be able to own military looking weapons. A lot. I see the need for semi-auto guns, but I don't need for them to look like military weapons. Does it matter if they look like military weapons, no. If they make nonsense laws saying they can't look like military weapons, do I care: not really. As long as they don't make semi-autos illegal, I don't care if they make it illegal for them to be black, or no pistol grip, or 30 round magazine. This where the NRA represents you, not me.

This ^ attitude in my opinion is the problem, and why they will get all the gun control they want. Those military looking weapons are nothing more than a semi auto centerfire rifle. Nothing more, nothing less. Let them take those from you and they will simply move the ball forward, and keep taking. I know, they have done it here.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177956
02/11/21 01:18 PM
02/11/21 01:18 PM
Michigan
G
Garryowen Offline
trapper
Garryowen  Offline
trapper
G

Michigan
If 74 million people voted for Trump them the NRA should have 74 million members.

Garryowen

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177963
02/11/21 01:24 PM
02/11/21 01:24 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
We need them all and we need all gun owners to grow a pair. I'm angry and bitter. I see my entire lifestyle and everything I stand for under constant attack with no end in sight.

I'm normally not one to complain without having a reasonable solution because complaining is easy fixing the problem is what's hard. But at this point I'm about to just throw up my hands. Its obviously a lost cause and battle . The good news is those are the conditions God tends to favor and it makes no doubt about who the overwhelming unbelievable victory belong. Knowing God's in charge and his plans are in motion are what keeps me going these days.

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177966
02/11/21 01:28 PM
02/11/21 01:28 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Personally, I think Trump and the NRA did as well as could be expected after our largest killing in history.

They fought off both democrats AND RHINO's wanting any number of gun laws with only losing bump stocks. Remember, there are 535 members of congress being fought.

God forbid another shooting, but should one happen again the way congress is, no one will stop new laws.

Last edited by hippie; 02/11/21 01:29 PM.
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: coyote addict] #7177967
02/11/21 01:29 PM
02/11/21 01:29 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by coyote addict
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Will Mexico supply us you with guns when our government takes ours yours?

Your letting them take yours ?

I’m not a gun owner. Fixed for you, I initially was striving for unity. I apologize for the failure.

-Goofy-
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Dirt] #7177972
02/11/21 01:32 PM
02/11/21 01:32 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana

You made my point much better than I possibly could have. Thanks

I personally could not care about bump stock, full auto,heck I really honestly don't like my ar 15s or my glock.

Do you truly think they will ever stop? They will keep going tell you can't carry a knife like in London. This is why it's a lost cause. Thanks again.

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177987
02/11/21 01:43 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Does it matter that I don't care? The NRA does.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: hippie] #7177988
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by hippie
Personally, I think Trump and the NRA did as well as could be expected after our largest killing in history.

They fought off both democrats AND RHINO's wanting any number of gun laws with only losing bump stocks. Remember, there are 535 members of congress being fought.

God forbid another shooting, but should one happen again the way congress is, no one will stop new laws.

I understand bump stocks fell on the sword. It also was done incorrectly. It should have gone through Congress to change the definition of MG. Not executive order banning a firearm accessory that meets the letter of the law. Now we are in for it.

There will be another shooting or several. Watch closely for the organized narrative that comes out. White, Christian, Trump, racist, NRA... The details will be suspect and the opposite of what's reported. It will almost looked planned to push the gun control agenda and make that freedom loving group enemy #1. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7177990
02/11/21 01:44 PM
02/11/21 01:44 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Perhaps those done with compromising are saving their money for a real insurrection.

Can’t imagine the money that would take but at least it would be a long term correction. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Dirt] #7177992
02/11/21 01:46 PM
02/11/21 01:46 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Does it matter that I don't care? The NRA does.

Yes it matters. It's you and millions like you that can and will take to make the changes needed to save our country. It makes all the difference in the world.

I will stand up for your right will you stand up for mine?

Last edited by Providence Farm; 02/11/21 01:58 PM.
Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: danny clifton] #7177997
02/11/21 01:50 PM
02/11/21 01:50 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Originally Posted by danny clifton
You can tell what an organizations agenda is by what they do. The agenda of the NRA is to make money from a controversial issue. No different, or no better, than PETA

So Mark, why should I accept them?

No different, or no better, than PETA???????

Danny Clifton, You just relegated yourself to the JAMES FILE. No different, or no better!!

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: Gun Control is Coming [Re: Lugnut] #7178003
02/11/21 01:53 PM
02/11/21 01:53 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

I’ve come to the conclusion that everybody that has posted is in agreement the country needs to be saved, just not the manner required to save it.

That is a problem when those destroying it are in agreement with how to do that.

-Goofy-
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread