Fur Handling Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

>
Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Fur Handling Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Cottontail put up for taxidermy #7232131
03/31/21 08:00 PM
03/31/21 08:00 PM
Northern Wisconsin
N
NorthenTrapper Offline OP
trapper
NorthenTrapper  Offline OP
trapper
N

Northern Wisconsin
I plan on buying the rabbit taxidermy kit Van Dyke's sells, and I have a couple questions on the skins. Would a cotton tail board correctly on a muskrat stretcher? Mine are FHA sized, or would I be better off with just tanning it without? I have heard of bunny fur having the problem of falling out would it be fine being just being on the mount and not moved as much as it would if it were a garment?

“We will visit the Holy Land and see those places hallowed by the footsteps of the Savior,”
-Lincoln
Re: Cottontail put up for taxidermy [Re: NorthenTrapper] #7232300
03/31/21 11:22 PM
03/31/21 11:22 PM
WI - Wisconsin
A
AJE Offline
trapper
AJE  Offline
trapper
A

WI - Wisconsin
It tears easy, so that would be a challenge that would require you to use extra caution while preparing.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread