Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

>
pcsoutdoors
(Please support Lenon's Lures, our sponsor for the Kids Forum Page)
Print Thread
Hop To
Impovement? #7242786
04/13/21 09:36 PM
04/13/21 09:36 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"

Hi y'all,
It seems to have gotten a bit slow in here lately. I know trapping season is over and spring is about to be on us. I'm looking for some input from y'all about how to get this forum more active. I'm interested in what you would like to see on here to make things more interesting. Don't be bashful, let's float some ideas.
Thanks - Paul

Re: Impovement? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7242988
04/14/21 03:25 AM
04/14/21 03:25 AM
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Maybe some friendly competition. It doesn’t have to be for a prize just bragging rights. Like funniest joke, what song am I thinking of, what place am I thinking of kind of like where’s the pint of Backbreaker. Just fun little things maybe if you win x amount you can get a small and I mean small prize. I do want this kids forum to get booming again! When I first joined in ‘19 it had died down and it was cowboy2005, authortrapper, and myself mainly posting. Let’s hear other ideas!

Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?

pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro America!
Re: Impovement? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7245225
04/17/21 12:43 AM
04/17/21 12:43 AM
Paul Dobbins Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"

Dang, only one person has responded? I figured you young folks would be full of useful ideas. Should we close this forum down for lack of interest. If it's not going to be a vibrant forum, I don't see why a sponsor should spend money here to advertise.
What say y'all?

Re: Impovement? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7245343
04/17/21 09:38 AM
04/17/21 09:38 AM
Ohio
G
Gone Trappin. Offline
trapper
Gone Trappin.  Offline
trapper
G

Ohio
You could do outdoor contests. Such as biggest catfish, bass, etc. ooh maybe we could do checklist or scavenger hunt of sorts over the summer and have people (especially kids check it off and tell how they found that thing and where) like find 1 antler shed, find a fishing lure at your favorite fishing spot. Find each animal track, stuff like that. Or have kids try to come up with new sets and get the admins to try them out next season. I’m sure you’d have plenty of kids with ideas if the professional trappers and admins of this website made their sets. Often kids lack the resources to buy the stuff they need, or get to a place to try it.

Re: Impovement? [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7245515
04/17/21 01:58 PM
04/17/21 01:58 PM
NB, Canada
MySide 🦝 Offline
trapper
MySide 🦝  Offline
trapper

NB, Canada
Originally Posted by Gone Trappin.
You could do outdoor contests. Such as biggest catfish, bass, etc. ooh maybe we could do checklist or scavenger hunt of sorts over the summer and have people (especially kids check it off and tell how they found that thing and where) like find 1 antler shed, find a fishing lure at your favorite fishing spot. Find each animal track, stuff like that. Or have kids try to come up with new sets and get the admins to try them out next season. I’m sure you’d have plenty of kids with ideas if the professional trappers and admins of this website made their sets. Often kids lack the resources to buy the stuff they need, or get to a place to try it.

X2

All for the Greater Glory of God
Re: Impovement? [Re: Gone Trappin.] #7246653
04/19/21 06:37 AM
04/19/21 06:37 AM
Danville, PA
SquirrelSlayer11 Offline
trapper
SquirrelSlayer11  Offline
trapper

Danville, PA
Originally Posted by Gone Trappin.

X3

A Country Boy Can Survive!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bogmaster