No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254594
04/29/21 02:36 PM
04/29/21 02:36 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
I can't believe an all electric car doesn't use any more battery power in cold weather when you need to run a heater or in the summer when you are using AC than when you're not.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Gene Dziza] #7254653
04/29/21 04:38 PM
04/29/21 04:38 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Gene Dziza
I've had it for about two years. One thing I thought was pretty cool was being able to turn the heat or a/c on with my phone if I'm in someplace and want to warm the car up or cool it down I can also have the car come and pick me up in a parking lot. I never do it because it's a little scary to see your car coming through the Walmart parking lot with nobody in it.

Autopilot works well but I only use it on the main interstates. But it works really well. It's a little scary too.

LOL I been doing that for years in my 28,000 dollar chevy pickup with onstar !!! What that robot set you back?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254720
04/29/21 06:31 PM
04/29/21 06:31 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
Onstar???? I’m missing something. I’ve got a couple of vehicles with Onstar.

Base price is about $35,000. All wheel drive and autopilot brings it up to about $50,000. Autopilot is about a $6,000 upgrade. I wouldn’t recommend it but I wanted to experience and understand it well and the technology is really cool. It works well! We use the Tesla to shuttle customers around and sometimes let them drive it and they think that’s great. For sure, they talk about it when they get to work and that’s what I want. It’s a process getting certified but we are getting to see quite a few Tesla’s from a long ways brought to us.

I didn’t say weather doesn’t affect the battery, I said I haven’t really noticed anything and I also said I haven’t done any long trips in the winter.

I’m sorry guys, but electric cars are coming. It’s coming because it works. Think of all the moving parts in an internal combustion engine and compare it to a battery. Battery technology is progressing and charging will take a fraction of the time it now takes. (Oops, I just crapped another unicorn, right Jbyrd? Lol)

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Gene Dziza] #7254759
04/29/21 07:18 PM
04/29/21 07:18 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Base price is about $35,000. All wheel drive and autopilot brings it up to about $50,000. Autopilot is about a $6,000 upgrade. I wouldn’t recommend it but I wanted to experience and understand it well and the technology is really cool. It works well! We use the Tesla to shuttle customers around and sometimes let them drive it and they think that’s great. For sure, they talk about it when they get to work and that’s what I want. It’s a process getting certified but we are getting to see quite a few Tesla’s from a long ways brought to us.

I didn’t say weather doesn’t affect the battery, I said I haven’t really noticed anything and I also said I haven’t done any long trips in the winter.

I’m sorry guys, but electric cars are coming. It’s coming because it works. Think of all the moving parts in an internal combustion engine and compare it to a battery. Battery technology is progressing and charging will take a fraction of the time it now takes. (Oops, I just crapped another unicorn, right Jbyrd? Lol)

What all is involved in getting certified to do body work on Teslas? Is it mostly just safety stuff regarding the electric cables?

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: loosegoose] #7254796
04/29/21 08:15 PM
04/29/21 08:15 PM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
A lot of Tesla specific training. It’s a different animal. We have to be able to pull batteries, etc. Tesla has very specific procedures for repairing everything. They did quite a bit of research and investigation of us before selecting us. If a shop is not certified, they can’t even buy parts for them. They want to make sure we know what we’re doing if we’re fixing one. I’m going offline. Time to watch the NFL draft.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254801
04/29/21 08:26 PM
04/29/21 08:26 PM
Nevada
thrstyunderwater Offline
trapper
thrstyunderwater  Offline
trapper

Nevada
The only constant is change.

Originally Posted by Ole Hawkeye
Pat, as usual, you are right....

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254826
04/29/21 09:12 PM
04/29/21 09:12 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
E Cars are coming, not because they are better but because the Gov. is pushing this. The Gov. is also pushing charging stations and mandating the use of both. If they were so great we wouldn't have to subsidize it.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Rat Masterson] #7254831
04/29/21 09:16 PM
04/29/21 09:16 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
E Cars are coming, not because they are better but because the Gov. is pushing this. The Gov. is also pushing charging stations and mandating the use of both. If they were so great we wouldn't have to subsidize it.

It's not about what you want, it's about what they deem to be good for you.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Rat Masterson] #7254865
04/29/21 10:03 PM
04/29/21 10:03 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE

Are you for getting rid of oil subsidies too, right? Let's get rid of all subsidies and let the market decide.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: loosegoose] #7254887
04/29/21 10:34 PM
04/29/21 10:34 PM
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Idaho
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Are you for getting rid of oil subsidies too, right? Let's get rid of all subsidies and let the market decide.

Yes, as a matter of fact I am.

Everybody here seems to be saying electric cars are coming, there are way more of them than there were a few years ago. I remember when they were saying that back in the nineties. Hasn't happened yet. From my perspective there were a lot more of them around ten years ago than there are today. Look at all the electric cars that used to be made by the Big Auto companies, now look how many are made by them today. Tesla is a niche market and has done quite well, but even hybrids aren't near as common as they were a few years ago. Mainly because your average Honda car gets as good or better gas mileage than your average hybrid. Costs less to buy, less to maintain, is more reliable and costs about the same to operate. Hybrids nowadays are mainly a status symbol; except in places government is trying to force people to hybrids and electric cars through legislation.

You know Chevrolet makes a hybrid half ton pickup? According to THEIR published average mpg it gets 1 mpg LESS than the same pickup with their six cylinder gas engine in it. And costs significantly more. Why do you think you see virtually none of them on the road?

I think we should let the free market operate, there will be people who buy electric cars because they think they are better for the environment, more efficient, economical, whatever. There will be people who buy fuel efficient gas cars because they think they are cheaper, more efficient, economical, better for the environment or more reliable. There will be people who buy gas guzzlers hot rods because they have more power, are faster, and look cool. But if the free market is left free electric cars will take over when and if they become feasible and desireable to the majority of consumers. If they aren't feasible and reliable, they shouldn't be legislated mandatory.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254911
04/29/21 10:57 PM
04/29/21 10:57 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Now for Scotty Kilmers take on electric cars. 10:24 run time , enjoy.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7254932
04/29/21 11:31 PM
04/29/21 11:31 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Do away with all subsidies, sure why not, in fact do away with half the fed Gov. jobs. I doubt anyone would notice. Next thing you know the Feds will force everyone to buy health ins. and call it a tax.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Gene Dziza] #7255346
04/30/21 04:48 PM
04/30/21 04:48 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky

Yes got an app on my phone to start my car and truck in winter or summer. Lock unlock

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7255348
04/30/21 04:51 PM
04/30/21 04:51 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
I was describing your experience at the charging station. Just wait until YOUR predictions of e cars taking over see how pleasant the charging docks become.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Gene Dziza] #7255359
04/30/21 05:25 PM
04/30/21 05:25 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska

Base price is about $35,000. All wheel drive and autopilot brings it up to about $50,000. Autopilot is about a $6,000 upgrade. I wouldn’t recommend it but I wanted to experience and understand it well and the technology is really cool. It works well! We use the Tesla to shuttle customers around and sometimes let them drive it and they think that’s great. For sure, they talk about it when they get to work and that’s what I want. It’s a process getting certified but we are getting to see quitet a few Tesla’s from a long ways brought to us.

The battery alone isn't going to power an electric car.. it still requires a motor. A motor has moving parts that ;go bad too.
I wonder if 70 yrs from now guys will be tooling around in their old restored Tesla..

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7255390
04/30/21 06:33 PM
04/30/21 06:33 PM
eastern WV
R
Ridge Runner1960 Offline
trapper
Ridge Runner1960  Offline
trapper
R

eastern WV
if every car in the use today in the usa were electric, it would take 400 years to make the batteries, and every battery means removal of 500 tons of earth to mine the lithium to make each battery!

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: Ridge Runner1960] #7255412
04/30/21 07:36 PM
04/30/21 07:36 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner1960
if every car in the use today in the usa were electric, it would take 400 years to make the batteries, and every battery means removal of 500 tons of earth to mine the lithium to make each battery!

NOW NOW you racist your trying to say with common sense and facts that the left's big baby is not going to work ! LOL

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: loosegoose] #7255457
04/30/21 08:44 PM
04/30/21 08:44 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by AntiGov
It would be alot easier and cheaper to rid the country of those infected with libtardism

This statement has added a lot to the conversation. Very informative and thought provoking.

Well aint that special, you and I finally agree on sumpin.

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7256605
05/02/21 11:06 PM
05/02/21 11:06 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
What is Blue Gas or is it just another name for hydrogen to get our mind off the Hindenburg. I see this article came out in Feb but this is the first time I heard of it, but usually I'm behind and catch things the second or third time around, lol.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/blue-gas-could-become-a-tesla-killer/ar-BB1dOsgr

Re: Big problem with ELEC cars idiots forgot. [Re: jbyrd63] #7256622
05/03/21 12:09 AM
05/03/21 12:09 AM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Electric cars might work for around town and commutes, but when I see the amount of traffic going north and south between Seattle and San Diego I just can't imagine everone needing to stop every 150 miles or so to recharge. Then taking 30 minutes or more to recharge. Can you imagine the number of charging stations that would be needed to accomplish that? Ridiculous.
Not to mention the many extra hours it would take to make the trip.

Many of the better cars now report 250 miles per charge, but yhat is under the best of conditions; no mountain driving, warm weather, and daylight driving. Start adding any extra energy demands and the ranges rapidly deteriorate.

However, if the leftists get their way they will just decree that things like vacation travel are non-essential and prohibit such travel; that will make electric cars feasible. Perfect.

Check out this article, looks like lots of Californians are giving up on electric cars.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/1...itching-back-gas-because-charging-hassle

Last edited by waggler; 05/03/21 12:14 AM.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread