Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

>
pcsoutdoors
(Please support Lenon's Lures, our sponsor for the Kids Forum Page)
Print Thread
Hop To
What are some good bases? #7256119
05/02/21 12:15 AM
05/02/21 12:15 AM
PA
K
KeeperOfTheCoons Offline OP
trapper
KeeperOfTheCoons  Offline OP
trapper
K

PA
What are some good bases you guys like to use for predator baits? I like to use animal fats like hamburger grease or bacon grease as a base. I also like to add or use a little bit of homemade cultured eggs as a base and its kind of a nice twist on things. I like it in addition or as a base on its own because its a strong smell and it lingers, but sometimes the batch of cultured eggs doesn't turn out the way you want or need it. My first batch was as thick as mayonnaise and my last batch was the consistency of melted ice cream. What do you like to use?

Always learning
Lifetime NRA member
Re: What are some good bases? [Re: KeeperOfTheCoons] #7256125
05/02/21 12:36 AM
05/02/21 12:36 AM
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
I used mineral oil as a base. I put sardines in about a 1/4 cup and mashed them then a dollop of bacon grease add a little raspberry jello and you have a KILLER coon bait.

Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?

pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro America!
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bogmaster