No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Chancey] #7299355
07/04/21 08:01 PM
07/04/21 08:01 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
Originally Posted by Chancey
...All flesh is grass........but the Word of our God will stand forever.
Isaiah 40:6

We all must keep the faith! Soon, the Word of God will be seen to the masses; as well as many modern day believers as an archaic writing open for interpretation. It is already happening.
It will be rough times, but we must hold strong and always know that our Creator keeps His word and that Jesus (and He alone) is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Mind if I ask you if you're a pre or post tribulation rapture adherent?

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Posco] #7299365
07/04/21 08:14 PM
07/04/21 08:14 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I believe mankind has been defining sin for thousands of years. At least mankind plays a huge factor in what sin is more detestable then another, I guess we humans just love to have a grading system so we can put people in what we call the right categories and then discuss why their sins are worse. We overlay a very politicized religious system with a politicized governmental system with politicized cultural value systems and we wonder why we are faced with what we are dealing with today?

Bryce

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7299366
07/04/21 08:17 PM
07/04/21 08:17 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
To follow up on the cannibal question, further in Romans chapter 4 we see just how the person who has never had the opportunity to hear of the Messiah may still receive God's grace.

[Linked Image]

In other words the simple recognition and acknowledgement of God's will over one's life is sufficient.

So we see first that the cannibal's family line had every opportunity to follow God from the beginning of time. But mans nature being what it is that is unlikely so God has written upon the heart of every man, woman and child, all of of his creation for that matter the imprint of his presence.

Even the most agnostic among us if honest would admit to those quiet moments of wonder. Is this all? Am I truly alone? Is there any meaning to life?

Phrase it how you will, answer it how you will. If indeed we are not alone then that must be a power and intelligence far superior to any man could muster.

To my satisfaction that power is a God of love and a God of mercy pure and absolute in His perfection. And that same perfection is an eternal barrier to my own imperfection. Only a perfect God and perfect sacrifice can bridge that divide. I am made perfect in His sight by the blood of Christ.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Posco] #7300124
07/05/21 09:08 PM
07/05/21 09:08 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Posco
Originally Posted by Chancey
...All flesh is grass........but the Word of our God will stand forever.
Isaiah 40:6

We all must keep the faith! Soon, the Word of God will be seen to the masses; as well as many modern day believers as an archaic writing open for interpretation. It is already happening.
It will be rough times, but we must hold strong and always know that our Creator keeps His word and that Jesus (and He alone) is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

Mind if I ask you if you're a pre or post tribulation rapture adherent?

Good evening Posco. I appreciate your posts on here. I started reading the Bible and studying it for myself years ago and no longer allow someone else to tell me what the Bible says; although I do value their input and base it on my understanding.

To your question, I don't know for sure. Since I take the Bible very literally, my inclination is pre-tribulation. However, I think it is a grave mistake for us to try to set dates and timelines; as none of us know exactly where we are on God's timeline. Whether pre, post, or mid tribulation, I do believe that we true believers are going to experience some very rough times in the near future in this country. Our Christian brethren across the globe are experiencing it on a daily basis and I see no reason why we will not face the same, and deservingly so.

We have been protected from the persecution because we are blessed to live in this wonderful country we call our home. We must fight to protect, defend, and preserve it for our children. However, with the current state of affairs and the blatant re-defining of God's Word I do believe we have our toughest days ahead of us. It is not only worth fighting for indeed, but necessary and I don't think it will be pretty. Just my thoughts and opinion. Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7300141
07/05/21 09:47 PM
07/05/21 09:47 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
What happened to all of the souls of those who died before it was known that one must take God as their Savior in order to make it into Heaven?

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7300161
07/05/21 10:15 PM
07/05/21 10:15 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
See my last post.

[Linked Image]
Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: 52Carl] #7300418
07/06/21 09:56 AM
07/06/21 09:56 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content OP
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content OP
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by 52Carl
What happened to all of the souls of those who died before it was known that one must take God as their Savior in order to make it into Heaven?

The skin that God used to replace the fig leaves was a sign of future redemption. Animal sacrifice was unto the coming of the sacrifice of Jesus. Animal blood does not equal a man's blood only the coming sacrifice of the coming 2nd Adam could equally match that of the 1st Adam. Thus fulfilling the law of life for life, blood for blood.

When Jesus descended into the depths he brought all those out. My understanding is they will be guest at the marriage of Jesus and His church. I'm open to further enlightenment.

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7300741
07/06/21 06:31 PM
07/06/21 06:31 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content OP
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content OP
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Well after 5 pages we may have finally got back to my original point, which was about changing the miracle of feeding the multitudes with bread and fish to bread and grapes.
I have seen some vegetarians claim that animals were only to be eaten on Noah's Ark and that after the trip was over and the land appeared they were to go back to being vegetarians. I've also heard some say in bible study that God did not kill the animal for the skin to replace the fig leaves, but since sin came into the world the animals just died and therefore that's where He got the skin from. Since they also claim the animals didn't eat one another until long after Noah turned them loose by pairs because they would have ate some species out of existence.

There was some of the Jerusalem Talmud that had a law that said you can't eat a limb off a live animal. If it wasn't alright to eat a dead one then why have that law. (Of which some say reverts to period in the Garden).
There was also laws requiring the draining of the blood, thus not eating a live animal, therefore being humane.

And of course there was that trip Peter took down to the tanners house.

So I guess they can say Noah didn't catch and eat fish on his trek or that Jesus did not eat fish on any of His. blah, blah.

Gen 4
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

I think I will eat a hamburger for supper and help get rid of some of those carbon polluting cows.

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7300796
07/06/21 07:31 PM
07/06/21 07:31 PM
Southaest Kansas
C
Coyote Clayton Offline
trapper
Coyote Clayton  Offline
trapper
C

Southaest Kansas

I read the KJV and NKJV version and compared it with the The Annals of the World by James Ussher with a seeking mind and heart. Mr. Ussher doesn't appear to be corrupted by anyone. If your looking for proof through a study of history by multiple historians not connected to one another, this is the source. Took me the better part of a year to complete.

Praise the Lord and Pass the ammunition.
Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7300837
07/06/21 08:18 PM
07/06/21 08:18 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Originally Posted by 52Carl

The skin that God used to replace the fig leaves was a sign of future redemption. Animal sacrifice was unto the coming of the sacrifice of Jesus. Animal blood does not equal a man's blood only the coming sacrifice of the coming 2nd Adam could equally match that of the 1st Adam. Thus fulfilling the law of life for life, blood for blood.

When Jesus descended into the depths he brought all those out. My understanding is they will be guest at the marriage of Jesus and His church. I'm open to further enlightenment.

I believe this is correct. We have to put ourselves in Adam and Eve's predicament at that time. There is written evidence (Bible and other non-canonical books) that suggest Adam and Eve talked with the animals in Eden; in my mind they may have known some of them personally. Everything was different prior to the Genesis 3 curse. It had to have been a shock for both Adam and Eve to see the Creator kill an "innocent" animal in their minds and clothe them with it. Remind you that prior to the Genesis 3 curse there was no killing or animals eating one another.

God the Creator was teaching Adam and Eve a very important lesson however. That lesson, is that only by the shedding of innocent blood would they be covered for their sins. The same holds true to all of us today; which is why God sent his only son (perfect in all His ways and sinless) to forgive us for our sins. The beautiful thing about our Creator is that He is a loving Father and God, but He is also a Just God. For justice to occur, there must be some payment for sin. Jesus Christ is our payment. That is how I see I see the "Good News" in a nutshell. Chancey

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7300853
07/06/21 08:36 PM
07/06/21 08:36 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Originally Posted by Coyote Clayton

I read the KJV and NKJV version and compared it with the The Annals of the World by James Ussher with a seeking mind and heart. Mr. Ussher doesn't appear to be corrupted by anyone. If your looking for proof through a study of history by multiple historians not connected to one another, this is the sourc
[quote=Foxpaw]Well after 5 pages we may have finally got back to my original point, which was about changing the miracle of feeding the multitudes with bread and fish to bread and grapes.
I have seen some vegetarians claim that animals were only to be eaten on Noah's Ark and that after the trip was over and the land appeared they were to go back to being vegetarians. I've also heard some say in bible study that God did not kill the animal for the skin to replace the fig leaves, but since sin came into the world the animals just died and therefore that's where He got the skin from. Since they also claim the animals didn't eat one another until long after Noah turned them loose by pairs because they would have ate some species out of existence.

There was some of the Jerusalem Talmud that had a law that said you can't eat a limb off a live animal. If it wasn't alright to eat a dead one then why have that law. (Of which some say reverts to period in the Garden).
There was also laws requiring the draining of the blood, thus not eating a live animal, therefore being humane.

And of course there was that trip Peter took down to the tanners house.

So I guess they can say Noah didn't catch and eat fish on his trek or that Jesus did not eat fish on any of His. blah, blah.

Gen 4
3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

I think I will eat a hamburger for supper and help get rid of some of those carbon polluting cows.

Foxpaw, I think that you are dabbling with things that are not in the Canon. That tells me you are reading and studying your Bible and looking for answers to questions that are unanswered.

I believe many other books are valid (Jasher, Jubilees, Enoch, etc.) The Book of Enoch was found in the tombs with the Dead Sea Scrolls and so were others including the Book of Giants.
It is my understanding that God the Creator put the animals that were on the ark into a deep sleep for the 40 days and 40 nights.

I encourage you in researching this endeavor, but I will caution to be keen to deception in the writings and fact check everything with the Word of God (Jesus Christ). It has been my experience that where you are going can lead into a rabbit hole and leave someone with doubt about the Living God; although bits and pieces may be certainly true.

Always keep the Faith, and stand by the Rock, Jesus Christ. I encourage you and anyone interested to watch this documentary by the late Dr. Chuck Missler concerning Genesis 4 and 5. Whether you agree or not; he has very good insights and brings up much to ponder. Chancey

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...fcaa984b5515758ca732d82&action=click

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7300888
07/06/21 09:26 PM
07/06/21 09:26 PM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I'll watch those videos when I can, Chancey. Thanks for posting them.

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7301085
07/07/21 06:17 AM
07/07/21 06:17 AM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
You're welcome Posco. If you find Chuck Missler's commentary over Genesis 4 and 5 interesting, then I encourage you to watch his Genesis 6 commentary. It is quite intriguing. Chancey

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...09f04c943ef62e078ece6d1&action=click

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7301099
07/07/21 06:51 AM
07/07/21 06:51 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Foxpaw
I've been doing some reading in particular about Jesus and His miracles. While I was searching for the one miracle where Jesus was working for a famed grape juice company making grape juice, I ran into some articles that think Josephus got a lot wrong about the Essene's and some of the scrolls and the later Greek writings of the era. One particular flaw they say was about the miracle where Jesus fed the multitude with a few loaves of bread and a couple of fish. They are saying it was bread and few clusters of grapes. They reason the Romans were meat eaters and to justify their horrendous act they changed the grapes to fish.
I love it when a reporter 2000 years from the scene knows more than one closer to the scene. PETA and their cronies are driving head on with their anti meat campaign and intend to chop the tree out by the roots regardless how fishy it smells.

That which has been believed everywhere, always, and by all is the orthodox of the Christian faith so these writers of the Christian Identity movement, like so many other falsehoods may be "identity" but they aren't Christian. It's thesis they alone started for their glory, not God's. This is not a new dilemma of course. It's been with humans since the woman was deceived and Adam went along to get along.
We should sift every "new" discovery from the post-modern era (last two hundred years) through the prism of the historical, theological, and orthodox doctrines of our faith.

When you do that, it's usually the case that none of these ideas are new. They are rehashes of previous falsehoods. This is the same.
Unlike the liberal theologians who (by definition) pick and choose what "they prefer" from the inerrant, inspired Word, I'll start with the Biblical text as the source it is.
So that we may know the character of God (Exodus 34:6-7) and His Creation, Redemption, Restoration narrative.
It's His Creation.
We're just the creation.
Glad He shared a bit for us is my appreciation.
No need to haggle over more humanism.
There's enough of that everywhere already.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: danny clifton] #7301101
07/07/21 06:54 AM
07/07/21 06:54 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
dont forget the bible your so fond of was created by emporer constantine. his goal was to unite his empire under one religion. its why christianity has so many pagan roots. it was the only way to get all them to accept the new religion.

fwiw im not mocking anything.

those who say what they are taught today is the same faith taught before emporer constantine need to do a little more research. IF there are any original gospels still around the vatican has them locked in their library and very few ever read them.

Absolutely positively incorrect. The canonical text was in place prior to the Council of Nicene in 325 and Constantine later that same century.
Learning from Google or a unlearned pastor who didn't study this topic at formal education is not the same as leaning from historical patristic theology scholars who study ancient texts (some have found them) and the ancient Koine and Aramaic languages as a vocation.
Don't learn your theology from Google or false teachers of God's Word.
Like learning trapping from a person who doesn't even go outside.
It can be done but please don't call yourself a trapper in the true sense.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: danny clifton] #7301113
07/07/21 07:34 AM
07/07/21 07:34 AM
Pottawatamie co. IA
LLtrapper Offline
"The Coon Combine"
LLtrapper  Offline
"The Coon Combine"

Pottawatamie co. IA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
People, at least most people, choose and defend the religion their parents and community are a part of. We have a few Budhists in the U.S. a few Muslims also, but not many. In Japan there are very few Christians and in India there are not many Jews. That is another truth that few want to contemplate.

So were your parents atheists and mockers also? LLL

Isaiah 51:6 But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.
Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7301115
07/07/21 07:36 AM
07/07/21 07:36 AM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline
trapper
Wife  Offline
trapper
W

NE NE
Follow me and I will make you Fishers of Men,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Tough sell on the bait he used but it has lasted for a long time as evidence here.................. the mike

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7301130
07/07/21 07:55 AM
07/07/21 07:55 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Being a gentile, I'm humbled and thankful to have been born now,
and most especially for Jesus and the New Covenant,
because y'all can count those gentiles who received God's Grace under the Old Covenant on one hand.

What is it my Grandma used to tell me;
"Count your blessings"

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: Foxpaw] #7301145
07/07/21 08:26 AM
07/07/21 08:26 AM
Maine, Aroostook
Posco Offline
trapper
Posco  Offline
trapper

Maine, Aroostook
I've known three people in my life that had really bad visceral reactions whenever the topic of Christianity came up. One guy I once worked with posts anti-Christian stuff on FB from time to time. It's about the only thing I ever see him post and I can't say he gets much response to it. Just strikes me as odd.

I remember being a relatively young Christian and three or four of us were at work when the topic came up. I don't remember who brought it up, me silently praying before I ate my lunch, I don't remember. One guys reaction was negative and immediate. The first words out of his mouth were "Light my fire!" He was hostile. Those words could very well end up being apropos in his case.

None of us are born Christian, I was in my early thirties when I first believed. I came from a very marginal Roman Catholic background that had no impact on me whatsoever. I thought it was voodoo. I used to mock Holy Rollers right along with the rest of them, thought they were an odd bunch. I never thought it was for me, I thought you were born into it. I understand how odd it must seem to someone who has never encountered God. Like I mentioned, I always thought it was for someone else...but not me. That's one of the many lies Satan uses to keep people in bondage.

Re: Fake Dead Sea reporting [Re: trapdog1] #7301333
07/07/21 03:12 PM
07/07/21 03:12 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by trapdog1
Jesus worked for a grape juice company?

Welch's, I believe it was.

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread