Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Vertical Drowning Rod #7306454
07/15/21 07:28 AM
07/15/21 07:28 AM
Oklahoma
We-Sa Offline OP
trapper
We-Sa  Offline OP
trapper

Oklahoma
Does this work? It seems reasonable but I’ve not seen it mentioned here.

[Linked Image]

“I don't know, Chief, if he's very smart or very dumb.”
Capt. Quint
Re: Vertical Drowning Rod [Re: We-Sa] #7306471
07/15/21 08:01 AM
07/15/21 08:01 AM
Oklahoma
We-Sa Offline OP
trapper
We-Sa  Offline OP
trapper

Oklahoma
Just found this. I hope I can trap better than I can search grin

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/7184108/vertical-drowning-rod-feedback

“I don't know, Chief, if he's very smart or very dumb.”
Capt. Quint
Re: Vertical Drowning Rod [Re: We-Sa] #7306753
07/15/21 04:14 PM
07/15/21 04:14 PM
Louisiana
Aix sponsa Offline
trapper
Aix sponsa  Offline
trapper

Louisiana
Yes, they work, but I prefer using entanglement instead of a sliding lock. Essentially make the same setup with a crossbar or X welded near the bottom. When they dive, they wrap, and the snare gets shorter and shorter. With a sliding lock, you must use a very short snare and still need to have a neck catch if the water is less than 5 feet in my opinion to ensure there won’t be any problems. Beavers are long, strong, and a cinched snare becomes longer. If they can get their nose to the surface, you’re going to have a problem on your hands, because now you’re trying to dispatch something that can go under several feet of water.

HOWEVER, when this type of setup or entanglement setup works the way it’s supposed to, it’s great.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91