No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Miss having a good Dog [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7325234
08/08/21 09:11 PM
08/08/21 09:11 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
I don't recall having a bad dog, just some better than others at certain things. Kinda like women, no bad ones just some better than others. I don't think I will ever be without a dog, women....yep.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Miss having a good Dog [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7325241
08/08/21 09:16 PM
08/08/21 09:16 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
My dog will be 16 years old the end of the month. I am not sure he will make it to the end of the month. He is about used up. He hunted everything.
[Linked Image]

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Miss having a good Dog [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7325260
08/08/21 09:35 PM
08/08/21 09:35 PM
Western Shore Delaware
SJA Offline
trapper
SJA  Offline
trapper

Western Shore Delaware
For those of you who have lost your faithful friend and companion. I offer this. Some of you may have already seen it, but if not, some of you may find solace in it's words . . . and it most likely will bring a tear or two.

The Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together.
Author Unknown

The Last Battle
If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this--the last battle--can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,
Don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears

You'd not want me to suffer, so.
When the time comes, please let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do
We've been so close--we two--these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.
Author Unknown

Last edited by SJA; 08/08/21 09:36 PM.

"Humans are the hardest people to get along with."
Dr. Phillip Snow
Re: Miss having a good Dog [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7325286
08/08/21 10:00 PM
08/08/21 10:00 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
MJM, I figgeted you'd chime in.
Hard to believe Dusty Dog is that old.
You have givin him a GREAT life.
Everybody loves there dog but there are those like you and I that have truly spent a big part of our lives basically unseperated from them.
Some can't comprehend it but.., they can read our minds and vice-versa.

I m "thinking " I have time on earth for 1 more dog but we both know way there will EVER be another Dusty Dog or Roscoe.
I get teared up reading these type of threads. frown

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Miss having a good Dog [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7325394
08/09/21 12:34 AM
08/09/21 12:34 AM
Wisconsin
A
asphalttrapper Offline
trapper
asphalttrapper  Offline
trapper
A

Wisconsin
I had to put my companion for the last 13 years down just 2 weeks ago was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I miss and think about her daily.
[Linked Image]

It will be awhile before we get another it just would'nt be fair to the new dog.

Re: Miss having a good Dog [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7325397
08/09/21 12:46 AM
08/09/21 12:46 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Mine treed a coon this morning at 0500 just before I left to go to SC..... an hour ago that coon was still up in the tree and the missus is having a hard time to get Fin to come inside. In my book a good dog protecting the chickens. 18 hours on guard non stop ... thats my boy

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread