No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7340013
08/26/21 01:44 PM
08/26/21 01:44 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Mark I agree with everything you wrote in your above post. The length of your post has nothing to do with anything. Your comment in the post from yesterday, which you reiterated above about a non-trapper teaching about trapping is what I was referring to.... it's rude. I still believe you catch more flies with honey than vinegar though. James and Danny follow these religious posts for some reason. Maybe they'll learn something from them. I know if I was truly convinced there was no God, the last thing I would be doing is spending my time reading religious posts.

Angela,
What about my post is an example of being rude?

Blessings,
Mark

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: danny clifton] #7340014
08/26/21 01:48 PM
08/26/21 01:48 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Ang, the o.p. asked for everyone’s opinion

Danny , you may need to check the meaning of everyone in Greek.

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7340019
08/26/21 01:57 PM
08/26/21 01:57 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Yes Danny, and you should be free to share yours.

Mark, I don't know how to explain it anymore clearly. I found your comment that people like danny shouldn't voice their opinions on a religious thread because they're not religious, to be rude.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7340059
08/26/21 02:34 PM
08/26/21 02:34 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

This is probably not going to land well but,
that's not an explanation but rather a statement of opinion. Which is fine. I just wondered if you could drill down and help me understand what specifically was rude about my comments.

I an accept your opinion if you can accept mine and vice versa.
That's how arguments in the historical sense worked. Back and forth dialog. Logic in the philosophical sense.
Culture today terms "argument" as winners and losers.

Thanks for the answer Angela!
Blessings,
Mark

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: yotetrapper30] #7340067
08/26/21 02:43 PM
08/26/21 02:43 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Yes Danny, and you should be free to share yours.

Mark, I don't know how to explain it anymore clearly. I found your comment that people like danny shouldn't voice their opinions on a religious thread because they're not religious, to be rude.

I would never say they shouldn't voice an opinion. I'm a free speech dude. Totally. Nowhere did I say "do not post."
I guess the non-trapper analogy didn't paint the right picture.
Sorry about that.

Let me refer then to Scripture as to exactness on how we are to handle perversion of the Gospel, written with conviction by the Apostle Paul to the churches in all of Galatia... who were listening to all sorts of opinions twenty years after Jesus Christ ascended;

I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed! For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ.

Galatians 1:6–10.

We all answer to One who is God and I, like all, will give account to God of the exactness of my purpose and will be asked if my purpose was of from a pure heart or did I have a carnal motive? Pride? Envy? Jealousy? Greed? Lust? Etc?
Integrity is the basis of it all. And the Apostle Paul's last words in 1:6-10 are really important to reflect upon.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: How the Bible came to be. [Re: Posco] #7340102
08/26/21 03:21 PM
08/26/21 03:21 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

To the OP question, the first complete list of NT Books was referred to in Athanasius's Easter Letter of 367AD.

Blessings,
Mark

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread