Lure and Bait Making

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Southern Snares
Please support our sponsor for the Lure and Bait makers forum - Southern Snares

Print Thread
Hop To
Old car taint chamber #7371720
10/05/21 06:55 AM
10/05/21 06:55 AM
PA
K
KeeperOfTheCoons Offline OP
trapper
KeeperOfTheCoons  Offline OP
trapper
K

PA
Has anyone ever used an old car as a place to taint their meats? Considering they almost become an oven sometimes I was thinking an old car in full sun all day would be just that, and would speed up the tainting process greatly.

Always learning
Lifetime NRA member
Re: Old car taint chamber [Re: KeeperOfTheCoons] #7371725
10/05/21 07:11 AM
10/05/21 07:11 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Good idea. If you have an old truck or car sitting out back it makes a good place to put various items for drying ginseng or aging glands and meats. Helps protect them from larger animals also. You still have to deal with mice..It gets quite warm behind a wind shield in those vehicles.

I knew an old fur buyer that dried lots of ginseng, blood root, golden seal and yucca roots in a couple old trucks he had sitting out back. I would be concerned of potential theft once anyone else became aware of his drying method. I just happened to notice his set up on a visit but didn't comment to him.

Re: Old car taint chamber [Re: KeeperOfTheCoons] #7372267
10/05/21 08:37 PM
10/05/21 08:37 PM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
My boss in high school had an old truck on his property with full operating windows and doors. Motor was shot. He put buckets of bait and lure in there and shut the door. Kept the windows up to keep flies and mice out.
Always warned me not to open the door on a hot day. grin

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91