Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
coyote--unusual or not? #7373800
10/07/21 03:21 PM
10/07/21 03:21 PM
U.P. Michigan
Spade Offline OP
trapper
Spade  Offline OP
trapper

U.P. Michigan
Pulled the SD cards from my game camera this am, wife and I looking at them, she brought something to my attention that I didn't notice.

All of the cameras that was on North, South 2 tracks, all of the yotes walked on the east side of the 2 track, almost all of the cameras that were on a East, West 2 track the yotes travelled off center of the 2 track, It will really help in trap placement shortly when I set. We have a north/west wind here mostly.

Any body else with game cameras notice this?

24 years Army Medical Corps

I only want to be known as:

A great husband, a good trapper, and a great steward of the land.
Re: coyote--unusual or not? [Re: Spade] #7373825
10/07/21 04:03 PM
10/07/21 04:03 PM
SC Iowa
btomlin Offline
trapper
btomlin  Offline
trapper

SC Iowa
I've seen tracks in the snow on 2 tracks that show that they go back and forth from lane to lane or a track in each lane so for me I'm gonna set up to crosswind both lanes with "stink" when I can.

Last edited by btomlin; 10/07/21 04:05 PM.
Re: coyote--unusual or not? [Re: Spade] #7373982
10/07/21 08:41 PM
10/07/21 08:41 PM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
You can block one track down a little with some weeds/light brush and force then to one side. grin

Last edited by jabNE; 10/07/21 08:42 PM.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91