No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7389666
10/27/21 01:53 PM
10/27/21 01:53 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Ah, that's cute. I hope you feel all better now. smile

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7389673
10/27/21 01:57 PM
10/27/21 01:57 PM
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline OP
trapper
midlander  Offline OP
trapper
M

midland, michigan
Nuff said on this subject, ill try to remember that you are a sportsman like me and we should all be on the same side.

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7389676
10/27/21 02:01 PM
10/27/21 02:01 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by midlander
Nuff said on this subject, ill try to remember that you are a sportsman like me and we should all be on the same side.

I never felt any differently. You think you were wronged, I think you weren't. Last I checked we both have a right to our opinions. Good day midlander. smile

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7389768
10/27/21 03:54 PM
10/27/21 03:54 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
I know several people that have worked there over the years and have been told its not a good place to work anymore . One guy that worked for them since they were just a brown steel building with a gun shop in it said they havnt had principals since the obama rush

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: ~ADC~] #7390950
10/28/21 08:49 PM
10/28/21 08:49 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by ~ADC~
Originally Posted by midlander

Boy ADC if you aint a smart one, guess you get the einstein award today.

I guess so. I just explained the most logical explanation for the situation and you and James won't hear it because you got let down cry when you didn't get a steal on something that was advertised at a lower price in the past. I suppose you go to the grocery store and expect to buy food at last week's sale prices? Same thing. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

It doesn't hurt my feelings that you don't listen and understand someone else's position.

Instead, it makes you feel better to belittle others, doesn't it?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7390971
10/28/21 09:01 PM
10/28/21 09:01 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
My Timney elite hunter arived today from Midway. Only took 4 days and when was choosing options and got it in my cart it was 25$ less expensive than on the home page.
I have had nothing but good to say about midway.

Edit to add the Timney is nice. Good improvement out of the box over the factory 700 it replaced and i have not even adjusted it yet.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 10/28/21 09:04 PM.
Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: James] #7390981
10/28/21 09:11 PM
10/28/21 09:11 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by James

Jim

You'd know way more about that than I would. It seems to be your life's mission.

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: Bigfoot] #7390986
10/28/21 09:15 PM
10/28/21 09:15 PM
midland, michigan
M
midlander Offline OP
trapper
midlander  Offline OP
trapper
M

midland, michigan
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
I know several people that have worked there over the years and have been told its not a good place to work anymore . One guy that worked for them since they were just a brown steel building with a gun shop in it said they havnt had principals since the obama rush

This may explain a few things...

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: ~ADC~] #7391055
10/28/21 10:26 PM
10/28/21 10:26 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by ~ADC~

Jim

You'd know way more about that than I would. It seems to be your life's mission.

I can't figure out why you take criticism of Midway so personally. You dumped on my earlier thread, and it didn't take you long to come out of the woodwork here.

Do you have stock or other ownership interest in the company?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7391065
10/28/21 10:37 PM
10/28/21 10:37 PM

B
bleeohio
Unregistered
bleeohio
Unregistered
B

It was a good movie though

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7391070
10/28/21 10:46 PM
10/28/21 10:46 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Has nothing to do with Midway and everything to do with frivolous claims you've made to discredit a company that IMO did nothing wrong. The first time you didn't research the products you ordered before ordering them and now you expect them to honor sale prices after the sale has ended, just because they didn't have it still in stock after the ads went out.

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7391078
10/28/21 10:59 PM
10/28/21 10:59 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
The first time I DID research the products I ordered. I read every drop of information they released about the bullets, but they omitted the material fact that the bullets I ordered were non-standard bullets. When a reloader buys a box of bullets, he assumes it has a standard twist rate unless a different rate is disclosed.

In the end, I conceded that a box of bullets was a trifling thing to complain about--but that doesn't mean my complaint was invalid.

I explained the second time too: they advertised a product on sale for 3-4 months, refused back-orders, then when the product arrives, they end the sale. Suppose your local Target or Lowes used that sales tactic. Wouldn't you complain?

The trick worked, I guess. I checked the status of the "sale" item several times, and wound up ordering other stuff. Clever.

I still can't figure out your personal interest in Midway.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7391082
10/28/21 11:14 PM
10/28/21 11:14 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
There's no sense in explaining it to you again, but I suppose you may need it so here goes,,, they can only put into the description of the products what the manufacturer tells them. There is no way you could know if they intentionally left out some of the information. If you assumed you knew and were wrong, that's on you, not them. Second case, most likely they sold out of the products that were in the sale, then when they came back into stock, they cost them a lot more (as does everything these days if you haven't noticed), hence the reason they didn't allow back orders by not knowing for sure on replacement costs,,,, and it would unprofitable to sell them for the sale price so like any responsible business they ended the sale and probably had to raise the original cost to make a profit for their company.

I can't explain my POV any more clearly than that.

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: James] #7391084
10/28/21 11:15 PM
10/28/21 11:15 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
The first time I DID research the products I ordered. I read every drop of information they released about the bullets, but they omitted the material fact that the bullets I ordered were non-standard bullets. When a reloader buys a box of bullets, he assumes it has a standard twist rate unless a different rate is disclosed.

In the end, I conceded that a box of bullets was a trifling thing to complain about--but that doesn't mean my complaint was invalid.

I explained the second time too: they advertised a product on sale for 3-4 months, refused back-orders, then when the product arrives, they end the sale. Suppose your local Target or Lowes used that sales tactic. Wouldn't you complain?

The trick worked, I guess. I checked the status of the "sale" item several times, and wound up ordering other stuff. Clever.

Jim

Having worked at Lowes for several years I can tell you this happens pretty much every single week. Flyer comes out... which are sent from corporate. Everyone comes in to buy the great sale drill or weedeater. We only have one or two so they're sold out an hour into the sale. The pricing coordinator hung up all the sale signs the night before. Signs remain up after item sells out due to employee attitudes of "not my job" to take them down. Customers are mad we are out of stock all week. Sale finally ends. That night truck comes and has the item in question. Shelves get restocked, pricing coordinator removes signs because the sale has ended. More than once I've had customers come in the day after the sale ended and asked if they could get it for the sale price since we had been out of stock. The answer was always no.

Some stores, mostly grocery stores, still offer rain checks, which is in essence what you're after Jim. Years ago, a lot more stores did but now most don't. Neither Lowes, Home Depot, or Walmart offer rain checks anymore.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: yotetrapper30] #7391092
10/28/21 11:27 PM
10/28/21 11:27 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30

Jim

Having worked at Lowes for several years I can tell you this happens pretty much every single week. Flyer comes out... which are sent from corporate. Everyone comes in to buy the great sale drill or weedeater. We only have one or two so they're sold out an hour into the sale. The pricing coordinator hung up all the sale signs the night before. Signs remain up after item sells out due to employee attitudes of "not my job" to take them down. Customers are mad we are out of stock all week. Sale finally ends. That night truck comes and has the item in question. Shelves get restocked, pricing coordinator removes signs because the sale has ended. More than once I've had customers come in the day after the sale ended and asked if they could get it for the sale price since we had been out of stock. The answer was always no.

Some stores, mostly grocery stores, still offer rain checks, which is in essence what you're after Jim. Years ago, a lot more stores did but now most don't. Neither Lowes, Home Depot, or Walmart offer rain checks anymore.

Yup, that's me, all right. Mad.

ADC: Midway may indeed have a complaint against Sierra regarding the non-disclosure. But I bought from Midway, not Sierra. As for their own customer, Midway is responsible for the misinformation.

One of the "experts" at Midway could tell it was non-standard just by looking at the box. And I doubt I was the first to ever order those bullets.

As for your other points, I see no reason in going round and round with you.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: James] #7391099
10/28/21 11:39 PM
10/28/21 11:39 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa

ADC: Midway may indeed have a complaint against Sierra regarding the non-disclosure. But I bought from Midway, not Sierra. As for their own customer, Midway is responsible for the misinformation.

One of the "experts" at Midway could tell it was non-standard just by looking at the box. And I doubt I was the first to ever order those bullets.

As for your other points, I see no reason in going round and round with you.

Jim

You think it's their responsibility to have their "experts" look at every product, which number high in the thousands, and add to or alter the description the manufacturer gave them to use in the ad?

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7391102
10/28/21 11:42 PM
10/28/21 11:42 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Is it too much to expect a merchant to have some familiarity with the products they sell? I don't think so.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: James] #7391105
10/28/21 11:49 PM
10/28/21 11:49 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Is it too much to expect a merchant to have some familiarity with the products they sell? I don't think so.

Jim

I'm sure most of the people there are just your average workers you'd find in any profession. Hired to do a job,,, like type in the description the manufacturers give them for the products. There are people there who know a heck of a lot more than you or I will ever know about bullets I'm sure, but it's not their job to oversee every little thing about every bullet they sell, and ludicrous to expect that of them. It's like asking the stenographer to know all about the law.

Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: James] #7391109
10/28/21 11:57 PM
10/28/21 11:57 PM
SD
T
TC1 Offline
trapper
TC1  Offline
trapper
T

SD

Jimmy, take a breath and relax. After some thought you should, but probably won’t, come to the conclusion that it is up to the person who intends to use a product to fully understand it. Especially when making live ammunition. Anyone that has done ANY amount of research into safely and properly loading projectiles should know that long, heavy for caliber bullets nearly always require a higher twist rate barrel than is standard. Of course, that would mean you might have to accept some responsibility in the aforementioned series of events. No offense meant, just stating what I happen to see from the sidelines.

Jim

Long live the MAGA King
Re: Beware Midway USA scam [Re: midlander] #7391113
10/29/21 12:04 AM
10/29/21 12:04 AM
MN
M
MnJag Offline
trapper
MnJag  Offline
trapper
M