No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Propaganda #7511017
02/27/22 10:32 AM
02/27/22 10:32 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline OP
trapper
loosegoose  Offline OP
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Question......is most of what we're hearing on the news about the Russian-ukraine thing propaganda of some sort? I keep seeing how the Russians are doing poorly, they're underfunded, they're evil, Ukraine is holding them off, blah blah blah. But come on, now.... Russia is a major world power, and Ukraine is a small European country with an underfunded military relying on the US for weapons. There's no way they can possibly win this thing, right? Russia doesn't seem to be (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)-footing around like the US military was forced to do in Afghanistan (and that's no knock on the US military, we're the best in the world, we just weren't allowed to fight like it). Russia seems to be giving it their all.
So is all this stuff I'm seeing in the news just propaganda designed to instill support for Ukraine, and to instill a belief that Russia can be beaten, in order to encourage support for the US getting more involved eventually?

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511018
02/27/22 10:33 AM
02/27/22 10:33 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
yes

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511022
02/27/22 10:34 AM
02/27/22 10:34 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
I would not be surprised.

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511028
02/27/22 10:36 AM
02/27/22 10:36 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
It seems most countries are scared to stand up against Putin so he'll most likely have his way. Maybe Joe will challenge him to a push-up contest.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511047
02/27/22 10:45 AM
02/27/22 10:45 AM
South Central Kansas
KsTrapper88 Offline
trapper
KsTrapper88  Offline
trapper

South Central Kansas
No doubt there are some manufactured narratives(there always are) but a fact is that Ukraine has the second largest military in Europe behind Russia so couple that with defending your home and i think at least them holding their own is true. The rest of the story....who knows

Derek
Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511048
02/27/22 10:47 AM
02/27/22 10:47 AM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I'm sure it is. Helps to keep the attention away from the enemy that's in bed with you right here at home.

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511052
02/27/22 10:50 AM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
Well how did Afghanistan work out for Russia?

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511053
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
I believe the Russians could win faster, but I think they don't want to destroy the country they will win. I missed the 30 day bombing campaign before the invasion. AKA Iraq war 1. I could be wrong.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511062
02/27/22 10:55 AM
02/27/22 10:55 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Of course it is propaganda and misinformation. The main stream media is going to tell us whatever promotes their agenda and nothing else.

Facts and truth have no place in modern "news" reporting.

Eh...wot?

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511065
02/27/22 10:57 AM
02/27/22 10:57 AM
South West Pennsylvania
W
Wingshot Offline
trapper
Wingshot  Offline
trapper
W

South West Pennsylvania
Here’s what’s not propaganda, the people of Ukraine as well as their leader are prepared to fight to the death. The Russian invasion is not going as planned and the sociopath that’s pushing it is going to become terrifyingly unpredictable. His move this morning is very concerning and where is the US response/commentary? Locked in a basement in Delaware. As the head shrink docs like to say, “how’s that make you feel?”

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511074
02/27/22 11:01 AM
02/27/22 11:01 AM
NW Oklahoma
O
Okie Farmer Offline
trapper
Okie Farmer  Offline
trapper
O

NW Oklahoma
If it is on the 'news' it's propaganda.

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511075
02/27/22 11:02 AM
02/27/22 11:02 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
It makes me feel like I've always felt; let's mind our own business and let other countries duke it out on their own.

Unless Russia directly attacks the US we shouldn't be involved in any way.

Eh...wot?

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511076
02/27/22 11:03 AM
02/27/22 11:03 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"In a statement on Telegram, Zelenskyy's office said he had spoken with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko in a phone call. The two world leaders agreed that a Ukrainian delegation would meet with Russian counterparts in talks at the Ukrainian-Belarusian border, near the Pripyat River. "

Who is John Galt?
Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511082
02/27/22 11:07 AM
02/27/22 11:07 AM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
160,000 Russian troops involved and thr U.N is reporting 64 civilian deaths. Seems like the Russians are being pretty conservative.

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511100
02/27/22 11:21 AM
02/27/22 11:21 AM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
If the news comes from PBS, CNN, CBS,NBC,MSNBC, it’s propaganda in my thinking!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511111
02/27/22 11:33 AM
02/27/22 11:33 AM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by loosegoose
Question......is most of what we're hearing on the news about the Russian-ukraine thing propaganda of some sort? I keep seeing how the Russians are doing poorly, they're underfunded, they're evil, Ukraine is holding them off, blah blah blah. But come on, now.... Russia is a major world power, and Ukraine is a small European country with an underfunded military relying on the US for weapons. There's no way they can possibly win this thing, right? Russia doesn't seem to be (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)-footing around like the US military was forced to do in Afghanistan (and that's no knock on the US military, we're the best in the world, we just weren't allowed to fight like it). Russia seems to be giving it their all.
So is all this stuff I'm seeing in the news just propaganda designed to instill support for Ukraine, and to instill a belief that Russia can be beaten, in order to encourage support for the US getting more involved eventually?

Not propaganda, you vastly overestimate Russia, who I am going to say yet again, has not fought a major war in 70 years. There is no design to instill support for Ukraine, it's very simple. If you support freedom, you support Ukraine. You also are very mistaken if you don't think that the USA is involved heavily, we are doing everything short of moving conventional forces into Ukraine. When an opponent has a sheer will to win, all bets are off and this is exactly what you are seeing combined with superior US and allied equipment helping them. Russia has not been "superpower" status since the 80s and have been sanctioned off and on since the 90s, something you have to understand takes an effect in the long run.

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511122
02/27/22 11:40 AM
Michigan, Alpena County
1oldforester Offline
trapper
1oldforester  Offline
trapper

Michigan, Alpena County
The main stream media is going to tell us whatever promotes their agenda of trying to make President Brandon and his party look good. While some facts will be reported, the spin will be such that Brandon and his minions will come out on top and Trump and his ideas will somehow be wrong.

Re: Propaganda [Re: MattLA] #7511124
South West Pennsylvania
W
Wingshot Offline
trapper
Wingshot  Offline
trapper
W

South West Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by Tofan

Not propaganda, you vastly overestimate Russia, who I am going to say yet again, has not fought a major war in 70 years. There is no design to instill support for Ukraine, it's very simple. If you support freedom, you support Ukraine. You also are very mistaken if you don't think that the USA is involved heavily, we are doing everything short of moving conventional forces into Ukraine. When an opponent has a sheer will to win, all bets are off and this is exactly what you are seeing combined with superior US and allied equipment helping them. Russia has not been "superpower" status since the 80s and have been sanctioned off and on since the 90s, something you have to understand takes an effect in the long run.

The US is being “reactive” to a situation that could have been avoided altogether. De-escalation would begin this morning if Brandon would tear the lid off our energy sector and guarantee the EU that we will sell them all the fuel the could ever need. It all goes back to the very first day of the administration and the dismantling of our energy production. Now the horse is out of the barn and God help us all.

Re: Propaganda [Re: MattLA] #7511127
02/27/22 11:41 AM
02/27/22 11:41 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Tofan

Maybe not what you consider a superpower, but they have enough nukes to end life as we know it so I'll disagree there. And, if it's true Putin just put his nukes on high alert, to get ready if needed.

Re: Propaganda [Re: loosegoose] #7511128
02/27/22 11:42 AM
02/27/22 11:42 AM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
The MSM is almost all propaganda now days. That said the Ukrainian citizens and soldiers are posting enough information that we can get some idea of whats happening. I think its clear that Russia is having a much tougher time than they expected.I think its also clear that the Russian military may not be as formidable as we were led to believe. There are videos showing Russian tanks out of fuel, and Russian soldiers lost. Its quite obvious that they havent gained air superiority yet. That says a lot.

Take the evil empire with a grain of salt since its becoming quite clear that our own governments ( American and Canadian, as well as many others ) essentially just killed tens of thousands of their own people during the last two years by withholding drugs, and censoring information that would, without a doubt have saved tens of thousands... and they knew it...

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread