Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Retrievable Earth Anchors [Re: ChadDaniel] #7557252
04/13/22 01:55 PM
04/13/22 01:55 PM
NE
P
plainstrapping25 Offline
trapper
plainstrapping25  Offline
trapper
P

NE
I'm fetching all mine currently. Got a stake puller from fnt. If they really tight. I use a 2"auger and drill a hole on both sides. Than they come out easy. I have some that are deformed. I straightened them out and will use again.

Re: Retrievable Earth Anchors [Re: ChadDaniel] #7559567
04/15/22 08:19 PM
04/15/22 08:19 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Originally Posted by ChadDaniel
So my question is this. What is the best retrievable earth anchor and are they worth the time?

I 'd say they're all retrievable if the ground isn't frozen.
A Bulldog Stake Puller , ( and I mean a real one ) will pull most of them and with wet soil, I use a piece of 2X10 underneath, to keep the 'puller' from sinking down and losing traction.
A 'cordless' drill with an 18 " bit drilled down along side the cable, ( or chain ) , makes pulling them a breeze.

Considering the weight and the fact they can be removed, I'm surprised anyone still uses re-bar,

My cable stakes are 1/8th inch, 7 X 7 with double ferrules on both ends and a double MB Crunch Proof swivel at the top, with a Wolf Fang on the bottom end.
Hasn't failed me yet

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91