No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mom is back HOME! [Re: Canvasback2] #7543890
03/30/22 12:57 PM
03/30/22 12:57 PM
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline
trapper
P

Pennsylvania

Originally Posted by Canvasback2
Just arrived back home from the Nursing Home . NEVER AGAIN, will Mom go into one of those places! Got PT, OT, and a Home Health Care Aide lined up for help with Mom. A lot I could say about that place, but, I won't !

Till that day.....
Re: Mom is back HOME! [Re: seniortrap] #7544196
03/30/22 06:20 PM
03/30/22 06:20 PM
Midland, MI.
Seldom Offline
trapper
Seldom  Offline
trapper

Midland, MI.
Originally Posted by seniortrap
When my mother was in a care facility, it was not great. We couldn't help her with her issues.

A new visiting nurse came in one day. Looked around. Looked at me and said, "different barn, same smell"! mad
I’m sorry to hear that Senior because we had just the opposite for the 4 years my ma was in assisted living and moved to memory care here in Midland. Before I got her into one I visited several and talked with a bunch other people who had parents in them including my deceased, 1st wife’s mother-in-law. There are “the good, the bad, & the ugly I found. I made the right choice for her, in fact my kid brother’s family doctor had both of his parents in the same facility a year after I had ma admitted.

The very worst thing that can happen to a family in our area is to have a loved one made a “ward of the court” and put into an assisted living facility or nursing home because they lose ALL control

I told the wife that if I ever needed to be put in one to check that one out that I had ma in and others that are new but nothing less than that one! That should say volumes of what I feel ma’s care was for those 4 years!

Last edited by Seldom; 03/30/22 06:27 PM.

"A few want to know WHY, the majority appear to be satisfied just knowing HOW!"
Youtube Channel- SeldomFales
Re: Mom is back HOME! [Re: Canvasback2] #7544217
03/30/22 06:54 PM
03/30/22 06:54 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
I get into a lot of those places, delivering medications.

Most suck!

One that I can think of is filthy, poorly staffed, and the folks appear to be neglected. Think of a POW camp.

Another one is spotlessly clean, with very attentive staff, and always running activities, both on and off site. Think country club.

These are what I consider the 'institutional" ones.

Many more are 'home based" These are in regular single family homes, with maybe a half dozen residents. Overall, I see what seem to be the happiest folks in this type setting.

Man who mistake shillelagh for fairy wand; see pixie dust, also.
Re: Mom is back HOME! [Re: Canvasback2] #7544223
03/30/22 07:03 PM
03/30/22 07:03 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
BTW. Occasionally, when debating with my older son, he'll say, "Don't p___ me off. I'm the one that will pick your nursing home".

Re: Mom is back HOME! [Re: Canvasback2] #7544224
03/30/22 07:08 PM
03/30/22 07:08 PM
NY
Canvasback2 Offline OP
trapper
Canvasback2  Offline OP
trapper

NY
Anyone know what Pre billing a Month in advance means ? Mom just got the bill in the mail from that place today. On the DAY that they wrote up the bill, She gave them a check for over $1800. That would take a good chunk out of the bill. Well, the bill has a few things in it that I noticed right away. I have the Check receipt and the Receipt from the Nursing Home showing the amount paid, and the date and the check number when they got the check. .

This is what I noticed on the bill that she got in the mail today.

1. Wrong house number.

2. No reduction in the bill for the amount that was paid by Cashier's check. Maybe they printed up the bill, before they got the check that day . I don't know.

3. This is what I see as the big one !! On the bill, it says they "Pre Bill a Month in advance " They have a payment due for April. Mom left the Nursing Home yesterday (3/29/2022) . Does that mean that she owes for the Month of April, even though Mom was discharged on March 29th ? That is not right at all .

4. They only give 10 DAYS to pay the bill. No payment plan , they just want the full amount. Over $3100

Tried contacting the Biling department, but they won't be in until tomorrow Morning.

Re: Mom is back HOME! [Re: Canvasback2] #7544234
03/30/22 07:26 PM
03/30/22 07:26 PM
WI>>>MN >>>WI
T-Rex Offline
trapper
T-Rex  Offline
trapper

WI>>>MN >>>WI
A pre-bill agreement is intended to save a bed for those that may be absent for some period of time. It would seem that in your mother's case not necessary, since she is not coming back.

It should be covered in your contract. Have that in hand when you talk with billing tomorrow.

As for the ten day net: Wishful thinking on their part. Pay what you owe when you can. I wouldn't pay any amount in dispute. Settle it first to maintain any bargaining power.

Re: Mom is back HOME! [Re: Canvasback2] #7544243
03/30/22 07:35 PM
03/30/22 07:35 PM
Mn
W
Whopper Stopper Offline
trapper
Whopper Stopper  Offline
trapper
W

Mn
Good for you