No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Leasing land for Solar farms [Re: Canvasback2] #7587357
05/20/22 07:42 AM
05/20/22 07:42 AM
meadowview, Virginia
E
EdP Offline
trapper
EdP  Offline
trapper
E

meadowview, Virginia
Hi Ed, where did I say this farmer considered this "farm ground" ?

You didn't and I didn't intend to suggest that you did. My point was following on the idea of how do you restore mature hardwoods, which obviously you can't, so they need to be gone first and the $ in the property owner's pocket.

Re: Leasing land for Solar farms [Re: martentrapper] #7587394
05/20/22 08:32 AM
05/20/22 08:32 AM
NC - Here there and everywhere
C
coondagger2 Offline
"Brat"
coondagger2  Offline
"Brat"
C

NC - Here there and everywhere
Originally Posted by martentrapper
At 313 thou a year just in rent, does the solar company actually make money? How many megawatts of power can an acre of solar panels produce per year in N.C.? In Alaska a watt of panel rating will produce 1 kWh of power per year. I would assume that total yearly sunlight is similar regardless of where on the planet you are with accounting for average yearly weather conditions.

From what I can find online it is a 75 mW facility or 75,000 kwh. I assume this is for all 627 acres per year

Originally Posted by EdP
Hi Ed, where did I say this farmer considered this "farm ground" ?

You didn't and I didn't intend to suggest that you did. My point was following on the idea of how do you restore mature hardwoods, which obviously you can't, so they need to be gone first and the $ in the property owner's pocket.

I agree. He could have maximized his profit by selling the timber before the lease. I'm not sure if he did or not

Gotta live up to the nickname...
Re: Leasing land for Solar farms [Re: Canvasback2] #7587494
05/20/22 12:11 PM
05/20/22 12:11 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
What is a kWh of electricity worth there in NC? Green energy providers here in Alaska usually make contracts for a set price per kWh.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread