No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: Mike in A-town] #7599020
06/05/22 10:41 PM
06/05/22 10:41 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Mike in A-town
Originally Posted by charles
In the military you get extensive training on the use of your M-16. At the gunshop, you get a paper receipt. Not a bad law.

Were you in the military? If so, you know the hours of training we received. We were not just handed a rifle and several boxes of ammo.

That training involves the function and use of a battle rifle... How to utilize the platform effectively as an instrument of warfare. And you are taught basic rules of safe handling to keep from injuring yourself or others.

None of that training would have prevented or dissuaded this piece of trash from murdering 21 people.

I don't know how he got the handgun. But I am assuming he must've passed the NICS check to acquire the rifle.

The Vegas shooter passed multiple background checks to get his weapons. Spotlessly clean until he flipped his lid.

The shooter in Tulsa passed the NICS check.

Their system has failed multiple times. And they keep telling us with more infringement that they'll get it right.

The "professionals" they admonish us to let handle our safety... They sat on their keisters while this piece of garbage murdered 21. But I'm supposed to willingly turn in my hardware and give them another chance to do nothing?

Do you actually read the drivel you type? Do you apply any critical thinking skills?

In case you haven't noticed, we are on our own. No one is coming to save you. But you go right ahead and keep believing the assurances of a man who doesn't know what day of the week it is. You can turn in your hardware anytime you like... But don't expect me to follow suit.

Mike

A long winded X2 .... wink

Last edited by Finster; 06/06/22 07:28 AM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: Finster] #7599043
06/05/22 11:10 PM
06/05/22 11:10 PM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
Originally Posted by Finster
So, you can graduate high school, get married, have children, get drafted or sign up for the military, enter into legal contracts, and vote at 18 years of age. HOWEVER, according to the latest from the DemoRats, your brain has not developed enough for you to purchase a AR15?????????? I'll leave it there for now.

Reminds me of a political cartoon when I was in high school.......two G.I.'s were carrying a litter off the battlefield with a dead soldier on it. One asked the other "Wonder who he voted for? The other G.I. answered back "Nobody, he wasn't old enough to vote". Making 21 the legal age to buy/own any type of gun is bullsh**!

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: Finster] #7599062
06/05/22 11:51 PM
06/05/22 11:51 PM
MN
Q
Quartermastersir Offline
trapper
Quartermastersir  Offline
trapper
Q

MN
Was at a graduation last night and this was offered up into our discussion on this subject-with a military ID you get to vote, buy guns, drink, etc etc etc, all others have to wait till they are 21.

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: Finster] #7599135
06/06/22 07:30 AM
06/06/22 07:30 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
If they make it 21 for a rifle, then everything should be 21. The right to vote, enter into contracts, serve in the military among other "adult" things.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: Finster] #7599137
06/06/22 07:37 AM
06/06/22 07:37 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

We're fiddling while Rome burns fellow trappers, and squabbling over age, or gun type is just another fiddler's tune.

Play it again Sam.

And again.

And again.

And again.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: charles] #7599156
06/06/22 08:19 AM
06/06/22 08:19 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
Originally Posted by charles
In the military you get extensive training on the use of your M-16. At the gunshop, you get a paper receipt. Not a bad law.

Were you in the military? If so, you know the hours of training we received. We were not just handed a rifle and several boxes of ammo.

My Father taught me gun safety when I was around 8 years old. You do not need to have been in the military to be taught proper gun handling and safety. I’d bet the the vast majority of law abiding safe handling gun owners have not been in the military. So just more evidence of the consequences of the break down of the family unit.
Also, the NRA has had gun safety programs for children for many years, but the NRA is bad.

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: Finster] #7599157
06/06/22 08:34 AM
06/06/22 08:34 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Rifle training has nothing at all to do with being mentally deranged and wanting to shoot up a school. The training I had would have just made him a better shot. I dont remember anybody telling us not to shoot little kids at the local elementary school. I guess that ought to be taught in hunter safety now?

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: Finster] #7599173
06/06/22 09:02 AM
06/06/22 09:02 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Human life has been so devalued in so many ways in recent history that people stand upon their belief that their rights rise above anyone else's, and so to enter into a discussion about plan of action regrading most subjects these days falls upon deaf ears. People are king and or queen or both of their own hill.

When someone has a selfish personal bubble inflated all around their beliefs they're not as apt to give a hoot about what others do/care about/believe in.
It's called respect and honor and boy-o-boy how many among us find these particular categories irrelevant these days.
Selfishness breeds contempt and mistrust rather than respect and honor.

Isn't it quite refreshing to meet a person of integrity these days!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: yask65] #7599251
06/06/22 11:49 AM
06/06/22 11:49 AM
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by yask65
Then the dust he bag chief of police wouldn’t go inside to smoke the idiot . A teachers husband who is a border patrol agent and a work companion came in and killed the bad guy . That chief of police needs to loose his job along with his fellow officers .

X2

Till that day.....
Re: Let me see if I got this straight? [Re: Finster] #7599281
06/06/22 12:37 PM
06/06/22 12:37 PM
Iowa
R
riverratdm Offline
trapper
riverratdm  Offline
trapper
R

Iowa
You can only have the gooberment give a gun to you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread