No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Global warming?? [Re: waggler] #7606328
06/16/22 01:21 PM
06/16/22 01:21 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Yes, but then, at least some of it, gets absorbed back into the environment. Let's say by a tree. It is back to being stored in a solid state. To say that all carbon released by burning fuel is disingenuous. Your example provided was meant to frighten people into believing that point of view.

Re: Global warming?? [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7606330
06/16/22 01:24 PM
06/16/22 01:24 PM
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
Paul hit the nail on the head. Also lugnut & bandb. Climate change is a natural part of the earth through its history. Climate emergency is just a political thing to make money off it.

Till that day.....
Re: Global warming?? [Re: waggler] #7606413
06/16/22 03:19 PM
06/16/22 03:19 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
That that is absorbed by trees always was always absorbed by trees.Thats what trees do.
They have a lot to do with just natural occuring stuff and then remember we cut trees by the tens of thousands to make wooden stuff
just.

Re: Global warming?? [Re: waggler] #7606419
06/16/22 03:30 PM
06/16/22 03:30 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
The world got by somehow for all these years without the climate alarmists. How I do not know.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Global warming?? [Re: waggler] #7606452
06/16/22 03:52 PM
06/16/22 03:52 PM
Interior Alaska
O
Oh Snap Offline
trapper
Oh Snap  Offline
trapper
O

Interior Alaska
I trust a scientist standing next to a tree with a core sample from that tree, talking about climate change before I would believe any scientist educated in a modern communist university any day!

I love the smell of burning spruce---I love the sound of a spring time goose---I love the feel of 40 below---from my trapline I will never go!
Re: Global warming?? [Re: Oh Snap] #7606462
06/16/22 04:01 PM
06/16/22 04:01 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Originally Posted by Oh Snap
I trust a scientist standing next to a tree with a core sample from that tree, talking about climate change before I would believe any scientist educated in a modern communist university any day!

Dunno where that came from.

just

Re: Global warming?? [Re: Gary Benson] #7606463
06/16/22 04:02 PM
06/16/22 04:02 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
The world got by somehow for all these years without the climate alarmists. How I do not know.

Wasn't a problem.
just

Re: Global warming?? [Re: waggler] #7606492
06/16/22 04:47 PM
06/16/22 04:47 PM
Vernal, Utah, USA
Dan Barnhurst Offline
trapper
Dan Barnhurst  Offline
trapper

Vernal, Utah, USA
Climate change is no hoax! It's a natural phenomenon that has gone on for eons and will continue for eons regardless of anything man does. It'll get warmer and it'll get colder. It'll get wetter and it'll get dryer.

My home is at about a mile above sea level in northeast Utah. We found dinosaur bones, a shark tooth and a large crocodile tooth when we dug the foundation for our home. I think man's actions had no impact whatsoever from then to now.

It's a political pseudo-religious hoax! I believe God looks at what is going on and just shakes his head, laughing or crying - I don't know which. He created the earth for man and gave Adam and Eve and their posterity dominion (and stewardship) over all of it. HIS creations include fossil fuels because he knew we would need an efficient energy source.

To me it seems to come down to God-deniers that put their trust in man and the government. And those they label "climate deniers" or whatever that put our trust in God and try to use the resources he created and gave to us as responsibly as possible (stewardship).

I believe the climatic cycles and resultant changes in the species mix on earth are part of GOD's creative plan. And when man thinks we should, and have the ability to, freeze frame the species mix on earth (endangerd species act) and the earth's climate (all the global warming - climate change politics) we must seem pretty arrogant to GOD.

I say trust God and be good stewards over all the resources he gives us and everything will go according to HIS plan.

Sneak the pan under his paw!
Re: Global warming?? [Re: waggler] #7606495
06/16/22 04:50 PM
06/16/22 04:50 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Don't forget it's not just trees that need carbon dioxide, to live.
All plants need it , and look at the corn , wheat , beans and all the other crops grown every year and every day in parts of the earth .

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Global warming?? [Re: Dan Barnhurst] #7606500
06/16/22 04:55 PM
06/16/22 04:55 PM
new york
M
mike mason Offline
trapper
mike mason  Offline
trapper
M

new york
Dan, before the Rockies sprouted, there were huge marshes from the west coast to Nebraska! Muskrat heaven!

Re: Global warming?? [Re: mike mason] #7606603
06/16/22 07:56 PM
06/16/22 07:56 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
The fossil history we have shows what can and does happen to organic life when the earth can not deal with or handle whatever load is being increased or changed rapidly enough to maintain the current ecosystem.
Sun energy comes onto the earth in the form of light and tries to exit the earth atmosphere in the form of heat energy. The earth can deal with the increased heat energy over time but when it can't do so to keep up with the production there will be change and there always has been. If the increased warming is due to the rapid increase in human usage of stored carbons and the earth can't remove the heat rapidly enough there will be be changes.
We can say let it go its natural course and that may be the result that will take place but there will be significant changes in human lifestyles and living conditions while these changes occur. The native or more natural plants and animals will suffer the most as they have not had the benefit of human modification to help deal with the changes. World agriculture genetic change can probablly create food and fiber plants and materials fast enough to keep up with the needed changes and production changes. If it is true that our rapid increase in carbon release is the current major cause and we are so economically and politically geared to continue to use the same energy sources we may be much better off trying to find ways to speed up the dispersment of the heat energy then to try and reduce carbon related energy sources.

Bryce

Re: Global warming?? [Re: waggler] #7606709
06/16/22 09:55 PM
06/16/22 09:55 PM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
I thought global temperatures stopped rising in the 90's. That is why they changed the name to climate change.

Re: Global warming?? [Re: Duckie1] #7606829
06/17/22 06:43 AM
06/17/22 06:43 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Originally Posted by Duckie1
I thought global temperatures stopped rising in the 90's. That is why they changed the name to climate change.

The beauty of the term "climate change" is that everything can be blamed on it. Too much or too little rain, snow, heat, cold, etc. Its ALL due to climate change and can be used to make a point.

Re: Global warming?? [Re: charles] #7606865
06/17/22 07:49 AM
06/17/22 07:49 AM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
Originally Posted by charles
Ask someone who lives in a hurricane impact area. Many more hurricanes than 50 years ago.

Yes, you could ask someone what they remember in their lifetime, or you could look at the historical records that keep track of the actual number and intensity of hurricanes over time. Those records indicate that, despite the myth, there has been no significant change.

Re: Global warming?? [Re: waggler] #7606897
06/17/22 08:33 AM
06/17/22 08:33 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
The earth's climate changes as does the poles. In the 70s it was global cooling the coming ice age 90s global warming then when that didn't line up obviously it was El Nino. That time frame ran out because that was billed as a short term weather pattern effect that would last less than a decade. O my need something new, enter climate change it covers everything and everything can be blamed on it. Every storm, to much rain, to little rain, recorded heat, record cold and on it goes round and round.

. Then every study or example to try to show heating... well none of the dates line up at all. These 5 record and metrectics show.. but they show different dates with overlap and have different start and end dates... hmm why. Maybe that data was not collected then and they are using what's available? I Look it up and find that data was available in every area during that time so why not choose Jan 1, 1970 or any other date for all categories and dates sets.hmm let me see what happens when I do that.

When I do that now the data and graphs tell a different story. That actually shows a cooling period. Wow.

Now back to see why the climate change people ony show the stagared dates on their the sky is falling presentation. Well when you limit the data between these to dates this period on this data point shows results they're wanting. So they pick different dates that makes the data show and correlate giving the appearance that what they're claiming is fact.

Our electric company said we may have some roling black outs this sumer never has happend before. So the grid can't support our use. Better buy electric cars and drain the grid more. Wait close the coal power plants at the same time that will help the problem. Solar and wind will never be able to supply all out power needs . The mining, manufacturing, transport, and disposal of green technologies is worse for the environment than the coal plants.

People still believe the lie though.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/17/22 03:50 PM.
Re: Global warming?? [Re: Providence Farm] #7607140
06/17/22 03:39 PM
06/17/22 03:39 PM
new york
M
mike mason Offline
trapper
mike mason  Offline
trapper
M

new york
Easy to make up a problem that does not exist or can't be fixed but if we do what the liberal say and give them more of your money, they will try to make it better!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread