No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: largest teacher union votes to end school policing [Re: danny clifton] #7621259
07/07/22 10:49 AM
07/07/22 10:49 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Catch22 , why wasn't school murder a fun game to play 50 years ago? dont need most teachers or students either one to have a shotgun in their vehicle. one or two is enough. locking doors and making gun free zones is like pour gas on a house fire

Danny, I agree with everything you have said. But, in the times we're in what else can be done. I think having cops in schools is ridiculous but what else is there? We used to take guns to school, I was even ask to bring guns into the school to show teachers and once to give a presentation on percussion ML's. Walked right through the front door, no problem.

All the kids who hunted and trapped had guns visible on a gun rack in their trucks. To me it's proof that it's the environment these kids are raised in now, that's the problem. We didn't have school shootings back then and we had plenty of guns.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: largest teacher union votes to end school policing [Re: Marty] #7621275
07/07/22 11:04 AM
07/07/22 11:04 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline OP
trapper
Marty  Offline OP
trapper

North East Kansas
Check this out:

Federal bailout of hundreds of union pension plans passed as part of Democrats' $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan Act.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...mp;cvid=84d43c11839f4cd5a3f5a233cc4a3dcc

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: largest teacher union votes to end school policing [Re: danny clifton] #7621288
07/07/22 11:23 AM
07/07/22 11:23 AM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Originally Posted by danny clifton
P.S. there were no school shootings

Back when I was in school we might have had some disagreements that ended up in a fist fight and some cut lips or black eyes, but killing someone you didn't like with a gun or even a knife was never on the table.

Some of us had gun racks in the back of our beat up pickups with a shotgun or rifle because it was grouse, pheasant, duck, or deer season. We were going hunting after school.

Just about all of my friends carried jack knives in their pockets. That was standard procedure back then.

Our sportsman's club sponsors 4 different schools in trap shooting through our charitable gambling. We feel this is a step in the right direction when it comes to safety, ownership, and integrity regarding firearms. We've been doing this for about 5 years now. There has never been any accidents in that time. The interest among the students has been growing every year.

Must be nice to eat ice cream as fast as you want and not have to worry about brain freeze.
Re: largest teacher union votes to end school policing [Re: Marty] #7621398
07/07/22 02:20 PM
07/07/22 02:20 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
You can argue teachers are not all behind this, but they're all enablers in it via the union and complying.

Same as our southern border patrol. Chaps my hide to see them on the news every single night saying how bad it is, how its destroying our country but the very next day those same people are out there putting these illegals on busses and planes for this administration.

I'd have quit long ago, telling Biden and company to come babysit for themselves!!!

Re: largest teacher union votes to end school policing [Re: Marty] #7621571
07/07/22 08:03 PM
07/07/22 08:03 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Some of us had gun racks in the back of our beat up pickups with a shotgun or rifle because it was grouse, pheasant, duck, or deer season. We were going hunting after school.

Just about all of my friends carried jack knives in their pockets. That was standard procedure back then.

Had plenty of nuts in those days. Even nuts know that when somebody will likely shoot back and probably more than one somebody, shooting up a school is a real bad idea.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread