No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Just a this, that and the other thread #7621934
07/08/22 11:12 AM
07/08/22 11:12 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

This morning, after returning from answering a beaver call, I drove through town and took some photos. These places believe it or not hold some fond memories that I hope to share in the future.

This is where the train used to come through many years ago. Nothing special here, every small town on the shore has one.

[Linked Image]

-Goofy-
Re: Just a this, that and the other thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7621952
07/08/22 11:47 AM
07/08/22 11:47 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

Here is what is left of Mr. Robinson’s “filling” station. Pumped my first gallon of gas here.

[Linked Image]

Located in the center of town it was always busy. It was a favorite stop as a young boy. I would ride my bike here to sit and listen to the older men in the community tell some fascinating stories. lol Don’t know how true they were but they were entertaining none the less.

-Goofy-
Re: Just a this, that and the other thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7621957
07/08/22 11:53 AM
07/08/22 11:53 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

This was one of three grocery stores in town as well as the post office. This time year, this time of day, this place would be swamped with field hands getting lunch. You could just about set your watch by who would be in the store throughout the day.

This was another place where a kid could hear fascinating stories and get an education.

[Linked Image]

-Goofy-
Re: Just a this, that and the other thread [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7621979
07/08/22 12:21 PM
07/08/22 12:21 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
[Linked Image]

My grandfather on right with glasses, a ww1 vet that liked to play baseball.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread