No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Got to learn to draw sooner #7638817
07/31/22 11:32 AM
07/31/22 11:32 AM
American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
S
swift4me Offline OP
trapper
swift4me  Offline OP
trapper
S

American In the Pyrenees; Fran...
I've had a great week or more of bowhunting these roe bucks in the rut. I hunt from the ground, typically on the edge of alfalfa fields. They almost all have does with them, but most come to the call. Yesterday morning I had a buck who came to me on a string without any calling as he saw me moving into my final spot and was curious. I've had 4 bucks within 25 yards that I couldn't stop for the shot, but a couple who spooked when I drew back. In hindsight, I should have drawn when they were further away and taken my chances to stop them. The rut is far from over and I'm guessing as more of the does are bred, the boys will be looking for others.

I guess every time we go, we learn, but I'm having fun in the mornings.

Pete

Re: Got to learn to draw sooner [Re: swift4me] #7638982
07/31/22 03:46 PM
07/31/22 03:46 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Can’t wait to see pics and hear the story of a successful hunt! Good luck!

Re: Got to learn to draw sooner [Re: swift4me] #7639157
07/31/22 07:13 PM
07/31/22 07:13 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
That sounds like some good fun!

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Previous Thread