No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Huge bulls on the pa elk camera now [Re: Lugnut] #7662631
09/01/22 12:35 PM
09/01/22 12:35 PM
PA
S
Strut10 Offline
trapper
Strut10  Offline
trapper
S

PA
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Market hunters had just about wiped out our deer and elk by the 1890's.

That and a near total deforestation of the state during that approximate time period.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Re: Huge bulls on the pa elk camera now [Re: Strut10] #7662640
09/01/22 12:51 PM
09/01/22 12:51 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by Strut10
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Market hunters had just about wiped out our deer and elk by the 1890's.

That and a near total deforestation of the state during that approximate time period.

The Eastern Elk were wiped out from an article I read. The Deer were close to it and I heard stories of them also being stocked, from Michigan I believe?

There's a good article on our Elk History on the Pa. Game comm. website, Written by Joe Kosack.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread