ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Finding Employees? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7659056
08/27/22 06:45 AM
08/27/22 06:45 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Donner survivor, I just want to wish you good luck finding quality employees. What brand of chainsaws do you run?

Last edited by run; 08/27/22 06:45 AM.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Finding Employees? [Re: MattLA] #7662281
08/31/22 08:14 PM
08/31/22 08:14 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline OP
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline OP
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Tofan
For that one hour of work that you are offering $20, how much do you make on that hour? Why should somebody come work for you? Can they make an honest mistake and not get fired? Try offering paid meals in with that $20 and I bet you get good candidates coming out the woodwork, because it's a different benefit. All you gotta do is go by the MN per diem rate of $42 per day, it equals out to $5.25 added per hour for an 8 hour shift, and $50 per day in high localities or $6.25 added per hour. Good luck!

I almost always buy or provide lunch, clock starts when we leave the house and ends when we get home. I've had guys run over chainsaws, smash up and roll over equipment, I've never yelled or degraded someone for it though they are talked to respectfully and asked to be more careful.

I've had some luck finding guys lately, currently have two who are being trained and one seems like a possible good long term candidate. I just talked about a career path with him, told him he would go to 25 an hour when he could run saws and equipment comfortably which should be a couple months, 30 if he studies and obtains a CDL this winter which I'll pay for. Hoping giving him something to shoot for will keep it interesting and him motivated.

We run a variety of saws, stihl 201 261 and 500i are the main ones, also have husky electric climbing saws as well as huskies 2nd biggest saw which I'm spacing out the number. Stihl 500i is my favorite

Re: Finding Employees? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7663137
09/02/22 02:10 AM
09/02/22 02:10 AM
Ohio
W
Willy Firewood Offline
trapper
Willy Firewood  Offline
trapper
W

Ohio
You are doing everything possible to attract and keep good employees.
Lunch is generous.
Babying them about damaging equipment can cause the to not care because no consequences.
Pay is generous.
Shop to shop is generous.
Paying for the CDL is generous.

You must have a good customer base to pay these guys.
Your overhead for trucks, equipment, insurance, worker’s comp, fuel, etc. must be huge.
You run a good ship!

Please be safe, an owner of a business like yours had a bad accident a couple years ago while climbing on a job.. He barely lived.

FRAC LIVES MATTER
Re: Finding Employees? [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7667294
09/08/22 02:19 PM
09/08/22 02:19 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by Tofan
For that one hour of work that you are offering $20, how much do you make on that hour? Why should somebody come work for you? Can they make an honest mistake and not get fired? Try offering paid meals in with that $20 and I bet you get good candidates coming out the woodwork, because it's a different benefit. All you gotta do is go by the MN per diem rate of $42 per day, it equals out to $5.25 added per hour for an 8 hour shift, and $50 per day in high localities or $6.25 added per hour. Good luck!

I almost always buy or provide lunch, clock starts when we leave the house and ends when we get home. I've had guys run over chainsaws, smash up and roll over equipment, I've never yelled or degraded someone for it though they are talked to respectfully and asked to be more careful.

I've had some luck finding guys lately, currently have two who are being trained and one seems like a possible good long term candidate. I just talked about a career path with him, told him he would go to 25 an hour when he could run saws and equipment comfortably which should be a couple months, 30 if he studies and obtains a CDL this winter which I'll pay for. Hoping giving him something to shoot for will keep it interesting and him motivated.

We run a variety of saws, stihl 201 261 and 500i are the main ones, also have husky electric climbing saws as well as huskies 2nd biggest saw which I'm spacing out the number. Stihl 500i is my favorite

Thank you for the reply, dinner survivor.

wanna be goat farmer.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread