No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7693342
10/16/22 09:25 AM
10/16/22 09:25 AM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
I am going to make another appointment no matter how long it takes. I am in so much pain I can hardly get out of bed or go to the bathroom. It even hurts sitting on the couch. I am double dosing my pain medicine and am taking magnesium tablets and melatonin to help me sleep but nothing I have done so far has helped. The situation is only getting worse. I am betting the Lyme test did not catch it and that I am suffering from a tick born disease. It makes the most sense since I happen to know many people where they were not diagnosed on their first test but wound up having it and they had symptoms just like mine.
I am not able to bow hunt right now and that really bothers me.

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7693355
10/16/22 09:52 AM
10/16/22 09:52 AM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
That sucks Doug.
Best of luck.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7694097
10/17/22 09:34 AM
10/17/22 09:34 AM
MONTANA
M
MTHunter Offline
trapper
MTHunter  Offline
trapper
M

MONTANA
Originally Posted by MnMan
For the past month I have been experiencing extreme muscle pain in both shoulders, hips, buttocks, neck, and middle of my back between the shoulder blades. The problem is so bad that it is difficult to get out of bed in the morning or to squat down to sit on the pot.
As the day progresses, after I have become somewhat active, I loosen up to the degree that I am actually functional by the evening and almost feel normal.
I have been taking Aleve gel capsules to provide some relief, but they do not help much.
I thought that I had enough symptoms to suspect Lyme disease or another deer tick born disease but when I had my blood tested for Lyme at the clinic last week, the test came back negative..
This does not affect my actual joints but rather the muscles close to them. If I sit for any length of time, I have a hard time getting up and I can only sleep comfortably by lying flat on my back. I will be 76 in a week or so but I don't think old age is the culprit since I have been old for a long time without this happening.

Have any of you experienced these symptoms and what did you do to find any relief?

My doctor told me to take 800mg of ibuprofen for pain when needed.

Lyme disease is a bacteria.

Ivermectin received the Noble Piece Prize in 2015 with over 200 million people treated with it. Anti bacterial, antiviral and anti parasitic.

Last edited by MTHunter; 10/17/22 09:40 AM.
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7694182
10/17/22 12:37 PM
10/17/22 12:37 PM
Illinois
R
ratbrain Offline
trapper
ratbrain  Offline
trapper
R

Illinois
MnMan-- If indeed you have an auto immune response like I had (PMR) , Ibuprofen, Aleve or aspirin does NOTHING for it. PMR affects the connective tissue around the joints.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MTHunter] #7694186
10/17/22 12:41 PM
10/17/22 12:41 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by MTHunter
Originally Posted by MnMan
For the past month I have been experiencing extreme muscle pain in both shoulders, hips, buttocks, neck, and middle of my back between the shoulder blades. The problem is so bad that it is difficult to get out of bed in the morning or to squat down to sit on the pot.
As the day progresses, after I have become somewhat active, I loosen up to the degree that I am actually functional by the evening and almost feel normal.
I have been taking Aleve gel capsules to provide some relief, but they do not help much.
I thought that I had enough symptoms to suspect Lyme disease or another deer tick born disease but when I had my blood tested for Lyme at the clinic last week, the test came back negative..
This does not affect my actual joints but rather the muscles close to them. If I sit for any length of time, I have a hard time getting up and I can only sleep comfortably by lying flat on my back. I will be 76 in a week or so but I don't think old age is the culprit since I have been old for a long time without this happening.

Have any of you experienced these symptoms and what did you do to find any relief?

My doctor told me to take 800mg of ibuprofen for pain when needed.

Lyme disease is a bacteria.

Ivermectin received the Noble Piece Prize in 2015 with over 200 million people treated with it. Anti bacterial, antiviral and anti parasitic.

I believe Ibuprofen (NSAID) and Aleve (NSAID) are similar. Ibuprofen is short term and Aleve is long term. I am taking less dosage, though. I will consider more. I am going to one clinic this afternoon and if I don't get required results, I am making an appointment with one that prescribed Ivermectin to a friend for his Covid symptoms. Maybe they will do that for me and what I feel is Lyme disease.

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7694189
10/17/22 12:47 PM
10/17/22 12:47 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
.hope you get some relief soon

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: Nessmuck] #7694192
10/17/22 01:01 PM
10/17/22 01:01 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
I would go to an emergency room and get checked and have a referral to a neurologist. Better yet, I skipped the neurologist and went straight to a neurosurgeon.
Three weeks later I was out of pain.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7694421
10/17/22 08:17 PM
10/17/22 08:17 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
I got to see a doctor today and he was pretty thorough after we had a long conversation about my symptoms. He agreed that Lyme was quite likely and gave me a prescription of antibiotic for Lyme (Doxycycline). He also scheduled 8 tests, including another Lyme test, to determine if anything else was the cause. They drew 8 tubes of blood from my arm leaving me little to get home on. Hopefully the antibiotics will help or at least they can determine the cause of my discomfort.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: ratbrain] #7694505
10/17/22 09:49 PM
10/17/22 09:49 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by ratbrain
MnMan-- If indeed you have an auto immune response like I had (PMR) , Ibuprofen, Aleve or aspirin does NOTHING for it. PMR affects the connective tissue around the joints.

I have to say no matter which pain reliever I tried I found no definite sign of pain relief. I only know that I hurt bad first thing in the morning and by evening am much better after becoming active. Sitting still for a period of time is the worst thing. Well, starting up afterwards is.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7694513
10/17/22 09:57 PM
10/17/22 09:57 PM
Mo.
F
furlover Offline
trapper
furlover  Offline
trapper
F

Mo.
If Dr. hasn't checked your B12 and potassium levels I would ask him to. Both can be life threatening if too low.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7694523
10/17/22 10:15 PM
10/17/22 10:15 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
hope it all works out, soon. Best of luck to you.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: furlover] #7694757
10/18/22 08:44 AM
10/18/22 08:44 AM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by furlover
If Dr. hasn't checked your B12 and potassium levels I would ask him to. Both can be life threatening if too low.

All of that was checked in these last tests. Everything was within range except two tests showed inflammation and infection. The Lyme test was negative again.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7694953
10/18/22 12:28 PM
10/18/22 12:28 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Different doctor who did the lyme test??

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MattLA] #7695012
10/18/22 02:17 PM
10/18/22 02:17 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by MattLA
Different doctor who did the lyme test??

Different one sent it to the lab, but it went to the same lab. I am being treated for Lyme regardless of test results.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7695020
10/18/22 02:26 PM
10/18/22 02:26 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
When my son was tested for Lyme...the blood sample was an out of pocket expense not covered under o
Ins...and the lab was In California

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7695032
10/18/22 02:36 PM
10/18/22 02:36 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
Tick Bourne diseases are notorious for false negatives. I had similar symptoms for 4 years. I saw several doctors over that period and had at least 6 tick panels run . Then I got real sick body temperature was swinging from 102 to 96.8 , hyves, severe muscle and joint pain . My current doctor ran another tick panel and started me on doxycycline. I was better immediately. The tick panel she ran was negative but when she checked the results she went through my permanent medical records and found a test another doctor had run 18 months prior that was positive for rocky mountain spotted tick fever. The previous doctor had mis read the test results and told me I had no tick Bourne illness. After 6 weeks of antibiotics symptoms I'd had for four years disappeared. Athletes foot , aches and pains blurry vision a kind of cognitive skip all gone . I talked her into extending my script for doxy for another 3 months because I had it so long I felt it was in my brain and it takes more than 6 weeks to penetrate the blood nerve boundary. She agreed that everything my friend had told me about his battle of 10 years with chronic lyme was accurate and I was right to be concerned about a deep infection or a secondary infection that wasn't showing up on test .

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: Bigfoot] #7695064
10/18/22 03:23 PM
10/18/22 03:23 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Tick Bourne diseases are notorious for false negatives. I had similar symptoms for 4 years. I saw several doctors over that period and had at least 6 tick panels run . Then I got real sick body temperature was swinging from 102 to 96.8 , hyves, severe muscle and joint pain . My current doctor ran another tick panel and started me on doxycycline. I was better immediately. The tick panel she ran was negative but when she checked the results she went through my permanent medical records and found a test another doctor had run 18 months prior that was positive for rocky mountain spotted tick fever. The previous doctor had mis read the test results and told me I had no tick Bourne illness. After 6 weeks of antibiotics symptoms I'd had for four years disappeared. Athletes foot , aches and pains blurry vision a kind of cognitive skip all gone . I talked her into extending my script for doxy for another 3 months because I had it so long I felt it was in my brain and it takes more than 6 weeks to penetrate the blood nerve boundary. She agreed that everything my friend had told me about his battle of 10 years with chronic lyme was accurate and I was right to be concerned about a deep infection or a secondary infection that wasn't showing up on test .

Thank you for sharing that. I am optimistic that the Doxycycline will do me some good after taking it a while.

I also hope that this post and the responses will help others who are infected or think they may be.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7695274
10/18/22 08:08 PM
10/18/22 08:08 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Just now read that the DR. thinks I may have Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Not good either. He did say there was a treatment for it. Some of you mentioned that you have it. Were you treated to where the pain subsided?

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7695328
10/18/22 08:54 PM
10/18/22 08:54 PM
Indiana
cattails Offline
trapper
cattails  Offline
trapper

Indiana

Could be uric acid levels in your system. Drink some tart cherry juice before bed several days in a row.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: cattails] #7695351
10/18/22 09:09 PM
10/18/22 09:09 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by cattails

Could be uric acid levels in your system. Drink some tart cherry juice before bed several days in a row.

The blood tests that indicate uric acid (urea) came back normal but the cherry juice sounds good anyway. I read up on the Polymyalgia Rheumatica and it sounds like exactly what I have in spite of my earlier Lyme suspicions.
This pain and stiffness is not just aggravating, it is downright debilitating. Can hardly get out of bed in the morning and it hurts bad to get in and out of a vehicle and to sit and drive also. Hurts to even turn a steering wheel. After sitting for just a short while it is tough to even get up.

Last edited by MnMan; 10/18/22 09:13 PM.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread