No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7695361
10/18/22 09:21 PM
10/18/22 09:21 PM
MN
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper

MN
Originally Posted by MnMan
Originally Posted by cattails

Could be uric acid levels in your system. Drink some tart cherry juice before bed several days in a row.

The blood tests that indicate uric acid (urea) came back normal but the cherry juice sounds good anyway. I read up on the Polymyalgia Rheumatica and it sounds like exactly what I have in spite of my earlier Lyme suspicions.
This pain and stiffness is not just aggravating, it is downright debilitating. Can hardly get out of bed in the morning and it hurts bad to get in and out of a vehicle and to sit and drive also. Hurts to even turn a steering wheel. After sitting for just a short while it is tough to even get up.

I feel bad for you. Seriously if you need help with anything let me know. I hope you feel better soon. My guess would have been a tick disease.

I have nothing clever to put here.

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7695409
10/18/22 09:57 PM
10/18/22 09:57 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Doug, not making fun of your situation (far from it), but if you wanna shoot a couple deer and can't sit in a stand, point your truck west 2 hours.
Got a a few windows to watch and a warm woodstove.
90% chance you can shoot a buck and doe and stay comfy while doing it.
I despise illnesses but more so when they can't figger it out.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: bucksnbears] #7695713
10/19/22 08:56 AM
10/19/22 08:56 AM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Doug, not making fun of your situation (far from it), but if you wanna shoot a couple deer and can't sit in a stand, point your truck west 2 hours.
Got a a few windows to watch and a warm woodstove.
90% chance you can shoot a buck and doe and stay comfy while doing it.
I despise illnesses but more so when they can't figger it out.

Wow, that's a heck of an offer...thanks! Right now, I can't begin to draw my bow but hope to be able to before season ends on the end of December. I can survive without shooting a deer but I don't remember a year when I did not.
I believe we have this figured out that I have Polymyalgia Rheumatica now to figure out the treatments or anything to relieve the pain.
I also have a kitchen window with a view. Your offer is much appreciated.

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: 160user] #7695722
10/19/22 09:03 AM
10/19/22 09:03 AM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by MnMan

The blood tests that indicate uric acid (urea) came back normal but the cherry juice sounds good anyway. I read up on the Polymyalgia Rheumatica and it sounds like exactly what I have in spite of my earlier Lyme suspicions.
This pain and stiffness is not just aggravating, it is downright debilitating. Can hardly get out of bed in the morning and it hurts bad to get in and out of a vehicle and to sit and drive also. Hurts to even turn a steering wheel. After sitting for just a short while it is tough to even get up.

I feel bad for you. Seriously if you need help with anything let me know. I hope you feel better soon. My guess would have been a tick disease.

Thanks for the offer but you live much too far away and might not be sturdy enough to accomplish what I need to do
laugh.
If I am not up to the one major task I have left before winter, I will either summon local help or figure out a way to get it done by myself as always. Seriously, though, thanks, Rob for your concern and kind offer.

I'm just happy to be here! Today I'm as young as I'll ever be and and older than I've ever been before!
Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: Bigfoot] #7695728
10/19/22 09:11 AM
10/19/22 09:11 AM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
Tick Bourne diseases are notorious for false negatives. I had similar symptoms for 4 years. I saw several doctors over that period and had at least 6 tick panels run . Then I got real sick body temperature was swinging from 102 to 96.8 , hyves, severe muscle and joint pain . My current doctor ran another tick panel and started me on doxycycline. I was better immediately. The tick panel she ran was negative but when she checked the results she went through my permanent medical records and found a test another doctor had run 18 months prior that was positive for rocky mountain spotted tick fever. The previous doctor had mis read the test results and told me I had no tick Bourne illness. After 6 weeks of antibiotics symptoms I'd had for four years disappeared. Athletes foot , aches and pains blurry vision a kind of cognitive skip all gone . I talked her into extending my script for doxy for another 3 months because I had it so long I felt it was in my brain and it takes more than 6 weeks to penetrate the blood nerve boundary. She agreed that everything my friend had told me about his battle of 10 years with chronic lyme was accurate and I was right to be concerned about a deep infection or a secondary infection that wasn't showing up on test .

You all talking about gout reminded me of the worst symptom that went away with antibiotics that was gout pain the bottoms of my feet were killing me . I was eaven prescribed medicine that I had taken for a couple months with no benefit. I haven't had foot pain since the first week of doxy . My uric acid is back to normal

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7695990
10/19/22 05:24 PM
10/19/22 05:24 PM
Central MN, sort of old
MnMan Offline OP
trapper
MnMan  Offline OP
trapper

Central MN, sort of old
Turns out that I was rediagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatic and was taken off of the antibiotics which were doing nothing. I just picked up my prescription for Prednisone and will start taking it with food in the morning for 30 days. I hope this will give me the relief I seek. Thanks for all of the advice and suggestions...they are much appreciated.

[Linked Image]

Re: Severe Muscle Pain [Re: MnMan] #7696290
10/19/22 10:51 PM
10/19/22 10:51 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Good luck doug, hope you are feeling better soon.

If you need any help let us know.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread