No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7696685
10/20/22 04:09 PM
10/20/22 04:09 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Something told me not to use that dang flag as an example tired

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7696702
10/20/22 04:28 PM
10/20/22 04:28 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Yotetrapper your entire argument can be made about any other flag really but it's a problem I was in edge because it was a rebel flag...really ?

Ok so if I said " the guys yard was covered in Biden Harris and gay pride flags ' would it be a problem then that I was on edge? I do t know them, heck they could be wonderful people but because it's obvious they vote for bien they have to be horrible wingnuts right ? But if I said the same about a conservative voter then it would be a problem.

Regardless until I know you I'm pretty in edge regardless and seeing a bunch of flags in your yard if about anything is feeding me info. Sorry it's just unsound logic to not look at your surroundings in an unfamiliar environment and try and prepare yourself. If I sent you too the hood I'd hope your be looking around for indicators of various stuff.

I have tons of freinds that fly that flag don't bother me because I know them I know most people who do are good people. But I've dealt with a bunch of really ignorant,pretty racist peoel who do as well. Same with black panther flags some with Biden flag same with trump flags.

I mean I like how peoel will just key in on the mention of their flag and rush to defend it...even though I said in my opening post l've defended it by arguing it's not as simple as yes it's racist tired

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7696712
10/20/22 04:49 PM
10/20/22 04:49 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
You're absolutely right to use prejudice to determine exactly what level of alert to be on around others. It's what has kept us alive and is called trusting your gut.
However, experience gained should be moderating the degree of prejudice used in the future and adjusting past preconcieved predjudices.

Also context is very important so don't be so fast to jump to prejudice without the whole story.

For instance while you may have a black face were I to meet you the way you dress in your videos I would immediately peg you a fellow redneck and not a gang banger and be perfectly at ease.

Now for the one flying the Biden flag. That one goes into my not to be trusted and should be shunned book. They may consider themselves good people but they openly support evil and the destruction of liberty.

[Linked Image]
Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7697068
10/21/22 12:24 AM
10/21/22 12:24 AM
Southern Virginia, 50 yr old
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Originally Posted by Wolfdog91
Yotetrapper your entire argument can be made about any other flag really but it's a problem I was in edge because it was a rebel flag...really ?

Ok so if I said " the guys yard was covered in Biden Harris and gay pride flags ' would it be a problem then that I was on edge? I do t know them, heck they could be wonderful people but because it's obvious they vote for bien they have to be horrible wingnuts right ? But if I said the same about a conservative voter then it would be a problem.

Regardless until I know you I'm pretty in edge regardless and seeing a bunch of flags in your yard if about anything is feeding me info. Sorry it's just unsound logic to not look at your surroundings in an unfamiliar environment and try and prepare yourself. If I sent you too the hood I'd hope your be looking around for indicators of various stuff.

I have tons of freinds that fly that flag don't bother me because I know them I know most people who do are good people. But I've dealt with a bunch of really ignorant,pretty racist peoel who do as well. Same with black panther flags some with Biden flag same with trump flags.

I mean I like how peoel will just key in on the mention of their flag and rush to defend it...even though I said in my opening post l've defended it by arguing it's not as simple as yes it's racist tired

Backpedaling. It's all good. Keep modifying traps that are proven and continue on not catching crap. Have yet to see a catch picture from you.

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7697072
10/21/22 12:39 AM
10/21/22 12:39 AM
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

Last edited by cotton; 10/23/22 03:55 PM.
Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7697078
10/21/22 12:51 AM
10/21/22 12:51 AM
South Dakota
T
TheYouthTrapper Offline
trapper
TheYouthTrapper  Offline
trapper
T

South Dakota
Anyways on a different note, what have you been up to lately Wolfdog? Anything cool you have figured out about modifications? I personally think it's cool that you can think like that and find different ways to do things.

Re: Something that worries me [Re: VaBeagler] #7697080
10/21/22 12:53 AM
10/21/22 12:53 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by VaBeagler
You are a fan favorite but personally I think you are a wanna be trapper. Always trying to modify tried and proven traps and methods. Hundreds of post on modifying traps, no catch pictures. I don't think that you could catch a cold in Alaska naked.

Lol Eveyone knows I enjoy modifying and building stuff. Probably more then actually catching stuff.Might catch a few coon or possums mabye a fox or two a year. I'm perfectly happy with that. And I'll be the first to tell people , I really don't catch much . I see no need to act like a do. Used to when I first got on with I was like 14 and was trying to impress everyone here I'll fully 100% admit that but honestly now days I don't see the need.
Even when people want to buy stuff I make , I'll tell them hay I haven't even caught a coyote yet .
Even in most of my videos I say that.
I have no shame in it whatsoever and I will and have told anyone who asks. Ask anyone in the LTAHA or the MTA. Or anyone who's actually met and spoke with me.
Even when I give advice I'll happily tell people that hay this is something I was told from this very successful trapper and the rest is just my thoughts on the matter.

I will say though there is a lot in the works right now as far as my trapping and hunting getting more serious, I dont talk much about it for various reasons, but I tilI get it to where I want it's just fun and games till then.

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7697082
10/21/22 01:02 AM
10/21/22 01:02 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

It's not a "problem" you feel on edge when you see a confederate flag, just kind of sad because it's really misguided. Those would be the people most likely to open their house to you if you needed help. If you walked past my Confederate flag and knocked on my door at 3am and said who you were the door would be opened in an instant.

I mean, to me it really depends on the flag. If I see someone with a Biden flag, I know that person is an idiot... there's no getting around that. IMO, NO ONE with a Biden flag isn't an idiot. Then take the gay flag. When I see one of them I SUSPECT the person might be an idiot but I know not ALL gay people are... I know several that I like that vote conservative. So I wouldn't just flat out assume I'd dislike that person.

Same with the BLM flag... most people I know that support that group aren't very bright... but I know a few very sweet old ladies with BLM shirts and I just assume they don't know any better.

I guess my point is that unless you're using your own personal experience you have no idea what the person with that flag is like. If the majority of the people you have met that have a confederate flag tried to hurt you, or called you racist names, etc. then you'd have a right to feel that way. But if they didn't.... then you're just believing media sound bites.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Something that worries me [Re: yotetrapper30] #7697085
10/21/22 01:12 AM
10/21/22 01:12 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
[quote=Wolfdog91].

I guess my point is that unless you're using your own personal experience you have no idea what the person with that flag is like.

Yes exactly hence why I'm on edge. I don't know them . I don't know what's going on in there minds , idk if their dangerous or the sweetest person in earth. I generally treat unknowns the same way regardless. Be kind but on gaurd until given a reason other wise. Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.
The deal is though is said

"Regardless until I know you I'm pretty in edge regardless and seeing a bunch of flags in your yard if about anything is feeding me info. "

Yet you keep going back to the confederate flag specifically. Is not about THAT FLAG.

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 10/21/22 01:18 AM.
Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7697089
10/21/22 01:32 AM
10/21/22 01:32 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
I guess because you posted that flag.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Something that worries me [Re: yotetrapper30] #7697091
10/21/22 01:39 AM
10/21/22 01:39 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
I guess because you posted that flag.

With this ,stating I was just using it as an example in a larger subject , which really didn't didn't even have to do with the flag ,just using the fact people want to simply the discussion when it's very complicated and multifaceted
[Linked Image]

Re: Something that worries me [Re: VaBeagler] #7697094
10/21/22 02:10 AM
10/21/22 02:10 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
You are a fan favorite but personally I think you are a wanna be trapper. Always trying to modify tried and proven traps and methods. Hundreds of post on modifying traps, no catch pictures. I don't think that you could catch a cold in Alaska naked.

Yes he is. As for me I will not open or comment anymore on his post. His racism and anti fur post take the cake along with the immature rhetoric. Post on and be happy.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Something that worries me [Re: Catch22] #7697098
10/21/22 02:46 AM
10/21/22 02:46 AM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline OP
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline OP
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by Catch22

Yes he is. As for me I will not open or comment anymore on his post. His racism and anti fur post take the cake along with the immature rhetoric. Post on and be happy.

I'm racist ....and anti fur laugh laugh laugh I'll be sure to let my girlfriend and my in laws know I'm a racist
[Linked Image]
laugh like I can't even be mad at something that funny.

And immature laugh you know what I'll let other judge me because at this point I don't think I need to defend myself.
Prime example of what I'm talking about

Last edited by Wolfdog91; 10/21/22 02:49 AM.
Re: Something that worries me [Re: Catch22] #7697851
10/22/22 08:44 AM
10/22/22 08:44 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.

This isnt , Pro Trapperman, or I wouldn't be here either. I read his posts not with racial immaturity, But with youthful innocents trying to balance what he sees and what he is hearing in the media. Hes one of the many I would like to meet in person someday.

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Catch22] #7697867
10/22/22 09:12 AM
10/22/22 09:12 AM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa

Wolfdog is racist and anti fur? How did I miss that?

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7698011
10/22/22 01:56 PM
10/22/22 01:56 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
The only thing I want to highlight is that the Dixie flag never had anything to do with slavery or race. It represented a symbol for the people in the South to remember that they were willing to die for the dream that is/was America. It wasnt until the 70s or 80s when bad actors and legitimate just hateful, cruel people that were obsessed with the equally as hateful "2nd Klan" started using it as a symbol for hatred. I just want to point something out, slavery was ruled legal by SCOTUS, Congress passed a constitional amendment legalizing slavery for the states that already had slaves and several states even ratified this amendment. This all before the Civil war even kicked off, but the wannabe nazis, skinheads, and just otherwise reject groups wanting to like rally around it to try to give it some sort of different meaning just atrocious.

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7698367
10/23/22 01:57 AM
10/23/22 01:57 AM
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

8 thousand seven hundred post with no catch pictures. Enough said.

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7698370
10/23/22 02:16 AM
10/23/22 02:16 AM
V
VaBeagler Offline
trapper
VaBeagler  Offline
trapper
V

8700 post. 0 fur.

Re: Something that worries me [Re: VaBeagler] #7698442
10/23/22 07:38 AM
10/23/22 07:38 AM
Beaman Iowa 55
M
Mike Cope Offline
trapper
Mike Cope  Offline
trapper
M

Beaman Iowa 55
8 thousand seven hundred post with no catch pictures. Enough said.

There is a bunch of people on here who do not post fur pictures for various reasons...

Are you calling them out too??

Just curious.

Re: Something that worries me [Re: Wolfdog91] #7698546
10/23/22 10:35 AM
10/23/22 10:35 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
"Who's going to win now days m people who actually put out information, actual information or those who simply follow KISS....." ?

Well wolfie, after this useful banter , who do you think will win? smile

Who is John Galt?
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread