No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698721
10/23/22 04:10 PM
10/23/22 04:10 PM
alberta
S
spjones Offline
trapper
spjones  Offline
trapper
S

alberta
This is an interview from yesterday by Brian peckford, an actual signature to Canada’s charter of rights/freedoms

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rK2fhCuI7Eo

It’s shocking how fast our freedoms are being lost

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: spjones] #7698726
10/23/22 04:14 PM
10/23/22 04:14 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by spjones
This is an interview from yesterday by Brian peckford, an actual signature to Canada’s charter of rights/freedoms

Rebel News,lol-bunch of wingnuts.
Civilized society needs law and order.Democracy is not anarchy.
Dont confuse lawlessness with freedom.BLM and Antifa do that.

Last edited by Boco; 10/23/22 04:18 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698731
10/23/22 04:17 PM
10/23/22 04:17 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
Boco has been reading the quote thread, looks like.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698761
10/23/22 04:59 PM
10/23/22 04:59 PM
Arkansas
W
WhiteCliffs Offline
trapper
WhiteCliffs  Offline
trapper
W

Arkansas
attributing gun violence in the US to the availability of guns is showing your ignorance. Keeping law abiding citizens from buying guns to control crime in which a firearm is used is like banning the use of alcohol by legal users to control drunk driving. There is a simple statistic that explains a lot of the problem/cause - but it is buried deep down to not offend anyone. The US has a crime/criminal justice system problem - not a gun problem. Yet instead of directly addressing the problem, the blame is put on guns - so as to appear less offensive to those who are committing the crimes.

Over 100,000 people in the US die of drug overdose each year. As many US citizens die each year of Drug overdose as died each year in WWII - yet what did oregon do? Made legal the personal use of any drug - including heroin, cocaine, etc. We are treating criminals - those who commit crimes - the same way. Violent criminals become martyrs to be held high. No, guns are not the problem in the US. I have many firearms in my house and not one has fired by itself. Gun laws do not deter criminals.

No, the US does not have a gun problem - but it dang sure has a criminal problem.

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Boco] #7698766
10/23/22 05:11 PM
10/23/22 05:11 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Online content
trapper
upstateNY  Online Content
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Boco

Dont confuse lawlessness with freedom.

Don't confuse being a good little loyal Subject,(Canada),,with being a free Republic like we are here in the Great U.S of A.

Last edited by upstateNY; 10/23/22 05:12 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698783
10/23/22 05:41 PM
10/23/22 05:41 PM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
I need to go back to the quote thread and post you've done nothing when you've bested a fool.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698784
10/23/22 05:42 PM
10/23/22 05:42 PM
alberta
S
spjones Offline
trapper
spjones  Offline
trapper
S

alberta
So,,,,,

The great Canadian whom was involved/instrumental in writing the charter of rights/freedoms, challenges the current government of violating our freedoms, and the judicial system refuses too hear the case.

Seems more like a dictatorship??Definitely not a democracy

It is unfortunate that mainstream media hasn’t been covering the most important court case in recent Canadian history

But that’s what happens when the government gives them hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: spjones] #7698837
10/23/22 06:54 PM
10/23/22 06:54 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
So,,,,,

The great Canadian whom was involved/instrumental in writing the charter of rights/freedoms, challenges the current government of violating our freedoms, and the judicial system refuses too hear the case.

It is unfortunate that mainstream media hasn’t been covering the most important court case in recent Canadian history

But that’s what happens when the government gives them hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars

SP, you do realize that the majority of Canadian media is owned by post media, a US based firm and nearly all media endorses conservative right? I feel like that that scream “but the media” like to ignore that.

The lawsuit has already been dismissed I believe.

Last edited by rvsask; 10/23/22 06:56 PM.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: rvsask] #7698848
10/23/22 07:17 PM
10/23/22 07:17 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by rvsask
So,,,,,

SP, you do realize that the majority of Canadian media is owned by post media, a US based firm and nearly all media endorses conservative right? I feel like that that scream “but the media” like to ignore that.

WOW Blame another country for your corruption ?

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698849
10/23/22 07:18 PM
10/23/22 07:18 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
OW, based on your take regarding Japan and an invasion, I’m not at all surprised you missed the point of pointing out that not all msm is the bogeyman that conservatives want it to be. I voted conservative by the way. Nowhere did I blame any media for any corruption. I also think the ban is dumb.

But life is better outside of an ignorant echo chamber, whatever side it’s on. That I know from listening to the crazies, both sides. Lol

Last edited by rvsask; 10/23/22 07:22 PM.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: rvsask] #7698854
10/23/22 07:22 PM
10/23/22 07:22 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
So,,,,,

What the what???

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: rvsask] #7698859
10/23/22 07:25 PM
10/23/22 07:25 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
OW, proven fact it’s not what you want to believe.

You too, look it up. It’s a made up feel good story continually debunked by war historians. Japan was interested in South East Asia. But it wouldn’t surprise me if you were actually taught what you think is fact. Lol

It’s actually tough to invade somewhere on land when separated by giant ocean. Reference d day for the difficulty of it If you must then compare the English Channel to the Pacific Ocean. Use a map.

Keith, I could care less about the Queen or the Royal family so I didn’t care much about singing. I’m ready for Trudeau to go just so most people quit whining about how bad their lives are. Although they really are living a wonderful life compared to most people on the planet and in human history.

Let's see your so called truth!

When the Japanese forces plotted their attack on Pearl Harbor they first discussed attacks on the mainland of the United States. A Japanese General who had attended university in the States warned against such a strategic move because as he said "Americans all have and are trained in the use of firearms. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Yamamoto 1941 As history shows, they didn't attack the mainland of The United States, but rather attacked Pearl Harbor instead.
THERE'S MORE IF YOU NEED IT!

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698863
10/23/22 07:30 PM
10/23/22 07:30 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
[Linked Image]

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698869
10/23/22 07:33 PM
10/23/22 07:33 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
The quote was attributed to Japanese Admiral Yamamoto referring to why Japan should not consider invading the United States west coast after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. (Whether Yamamoto really said it, and the exact words of the quote, have been the subject of debate for many years.) There are some slight variations to the quote, but essentially he was saying that invasion of the U.S. mainland would be ill-advised because so many American civilians owned guns and knew how to shoot. The Japanese correctly believed there was an enormous ‘civilian army’ of millions of well-equipped men and women. Japanese forces would be facing someone with a rifle or a gun behind every blade of grass, so they could expect enormous resistance and losses. It just was not worth trying to invade.

Immediately after Pearl Harbor, with so many U.S. Navy warships in the Pacific knocked out, and only a small military force probably incapable of repelling an invasion, the U.S. was weak and vulnerable. Many military experts fully anticipated an invasion. Some estimated that Japanese forces might be able to reach Chicago within a couple of weeks had they mounted an invasion.

Americans were in shock. Despite being caught by surprise and being left at a disadvantage, the U.S. didn’t shrink or hide from the fight. They responded with long lines of volunteers at recruiting offices all over the country.

As history tells us, the invasion never came. The Japanese government was mistakenly hoping that Pearl Harbor would break the will, as well as the ability, of the U.S. to get involved in the War.

While most Japanese were still euphoricly celebrating their successful attack on Pearl Harbor, Admiral Yamamoto made a notation in his diary saying, “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698871
10/23/22 07:34 PM
10/23/22 07:34 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
You can read countless articles that say the same thing if you want.

You can also read the real reasons why they didn’t in 1000s more articles if you want.

Last edited by rvsask; 10/23/22 07:35 PM.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698874
10/23/22 07:38 PM
10/23/22 07:38 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
[Linked Image]

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: rvsask] #7698876
10/23/22 07:39 PM
10/23/22 07:39 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
[Linked Image]

LOL Again prove it.
A liberal college professor making a statement , that you actually believe? Why am I not surprised ?

Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698890
10/23/22 07:46 PM
10/23/22 07:46 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Logistics
Transport capacity
Long supply lines
Slow arrival by sea which would be stomped by us response via road and rail

Not a fake quote for which there is no proof of actually.

But good try with trying to slander one of many who say “no proof” The guy was a retired united states Air Force officer before being a professor. He also instructed at the Air Force academy for a decade, not that it matters to you, your minds made up. I’m out. Lol

Last edited by rvsask; 10/23/22 07:53 PM.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: Cragar] #7698903
10/23/22 07:52 PM
10/23/22 07:52 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Americans dont know how to shoot anyway-they all hold their guns sideways,lol

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Canada handgun ban [Re: rvsask] #7698910
10/23/22 07:55 PM
10/23/22 07:55 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
You can read countless articles that say the same thing if you want.

You can also read the real reasons why they didn’t in 1000s more articles if you want.

LOL  From someone from a country run by a boy queen , and is disarming them with no resistance?You really had to dig for that didn't you.Learn to trust those that were here before you were even thought of.They went through it , they know what happened and who knew it was going to happen.Yes our government knew the attack  on Pearl Harbor was going to happen.Why do you think there were not one air craft carriers in harbor ?It was what our government needed to get into the war.We were supplying  the UK , Europe from the beginning of the war , and losing ships and citizens .Like today , after the recession people were happy and content .Perfect for total control ?No there had to be a reason to get the population to back the government. LOL NATO will run your lives before you know it! 

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread