Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
First Success of the Season. #7706895
11/02/22 02:38 PM
11/02/22 02:38 PM
PA
M
MartinPlayer Offline OP
trapper
MartinPlayer  Offline OP
trapper
M

PA
Nice Red this morning in an MB550. A coyote set but at least my technique is working. It was a step down dirt hole set and his entir pad was in the jaws.

Now if his larger canine relatives would do the same.

Re: First Success of the Season. [Re: MartinPlayer] #7707048
11/02/22 06:08 PM
11/02/22 06:08 PM
tennessee
C
clintp1971 Offline
trapper
clintp1971  Offline
trapper
C

tennessee
Good deal !! That set just got better , should have more fur there soon!!

Re: First Success of the Season. [Re: clintp1971] #7707124
11/02/22 07:27 PM
11/02/22 07:27 PM
PA
M
MartinPlayer Offline OP
trapper
MartinPlayer  Offline OP
trapper
M

PA
Originally Posted by clintp1971
Good deal !! That set just got better , should have more fur there soon!!

I actually pulled the trap because it was all wrapped up with grass and goldenrod shoots. Gonna reset it tomorrow. Meanwhile as I climb out of my treestand this evening the coyotes light off howling in every direction. And to add insult to injury one busted a bunch of does out of the food plot I was hunting. It came trotting out of the woods and then saw the deer and darted after them.

Not the first time. Last season two of them belly crawled a bunch of deer about 60 yards from me. When they got to about 50 yards from the deer they took off after them. The deer saw them the whole time but I didn’t think they’d actually crawl on their bellies stalking to get close.

Last edited by MartinPlayer; 11/02/22 07:28 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91