No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Trapper7] #7708780
11/04/22 04:00 PM
11/04/22 04:00 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
Not all schools have done away with industrial art type classes. Several of our local schools in technology offer construction classes and other options for our students to build and construct real buildings or additions and also offer cap stone programs for those that work with local industries of OJT and also some actual credits. We are also seeing a lot more AP classes offered so that those can be done on line and several students take advantage of that to go to tech colleges, colleges and also take more of the hands on classes that are offered. What we are seeing however is a real separation within the student population. We have a slight majority that are active in as many courses as they can take and also extra curicular programs, while a significant minority do as little as possible and have little desire to grow and learn or learn responsibity for planning for their futures. Hard to motivate students when many have parents that just want them to pass and stay out of their way.

Bryce

Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: bblwi] #7708790
11/04/22 04:09 PM
11/04/22 04:09 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by bblwi
Not all schools have done away with industrial art type classes. Several of our local schools in technology offer construction classes and other options for our students to build and construct real buildings or additions and also offer cap stone programs for those that work with local industries of OJT and also some actual credits. We are also seeing a lot more AP classes offered so that those can be done on line and several students take advantage of that to go to tech colleges, colleges and also take more of the hands on classes that are offered. What we are seeing however is a real separation within the student population. We have a slight majority that are active in as many courses as they can take and also extra curicular programs, while a significant minority do as little as possible and have little desire to grow and learn or learn responsibity for planning for their futures. Hard to motivate students when many have parents that just want them to pass and stay out of their way.

Bryce

Bryce,

I think just generally Catch22 is speaking to all the things you need in life being taken out of elementary, middle and high school as a whole throughout the country. This is something Ive been hammering Louisiana's BoE about for maybe a year at this point. You know at some point a person will have to pay taxes, they will have to try to fix some stuff around the house. Why are those 100% known things not being taught anymore? Further and trust me I like physics, and some amount of advances math, but the truth is that its worthless for 95% of Americans. The same goes for everything else except for reading, writing, basic math and basic science.

Last edited by MattLA; 11/04/22 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: bblwi] #7708800
11/04/22 04:19 PM
11/04/22 04:19 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

Bryce

I'm talking Middle and High Schools Bryce, not Vocational Schools. I know of none around here that offer these classes to kids before they go to Vocational School in their junior year. There's always been the AP kids, the middle kids, the AV kids, and the lost kids. There's also always been the crappy parents. All of this is like a constant from the get go. Where things went to the wayside is Academia its self. Just like most things out there now, they are set up to fail. It's sad as heck.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Catch22] #7708824
11/04/22 04:53 PM
11/04/22 04:53 PM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
So am I those programs I mentioned above are offered in our HS system. We have Middle School Tech Ed as well for the most part in our area. We are holding our own in our area with enrollments, but not gaining much if at all.
We have 400 plus K-12 school districts in our state a vast majority which are very small and they don't have the financial resources to offer a wide variety of Tech Ed if they can offer any and that is not only because there is an emphasis on college courses. Tech Ed instructors are very hard to find when they can make much more in the private sector and many smaller districts can not put 60-80K into an instructor at the lower end for few students.

Bryce

Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: bblwi] #7708834
11/04/22 05:06 PM
11/04/22 05:06 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
So am I those programs I mentioned above are offered in our HS system. We have Middle School Tech Ed as well for the most part in our area. We are holding our own in our area with enrollments, but not gaining much if at all.
We have 400 plus K-12 school districts in our state a vast majority which are very small and they don't have the financial resources to offer a wide variety of Tech Ed if they can offer any and that is not only because there is an emphasis on college courses. Tech Ed instructors are very hard to find when they can make much more in the private sector and many smaller districts can not put 60-80K into an instructor at the lower end for few students.

Bryce

We have nothing here anymore. Refer back to where I said it's all set up now, to fail. Back when we were in School, there was no problem finding shop teachers. I personally don't think that shop teachers are like the Kodak Co who with the digital world became obsolete. This to me is by design by Academia and their agenda.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: patfundine] #7708851
11/04/22 05:30 PM
11/04/22 05:30 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by patfundine
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
I've advertised paying 35+, if I could find someone to replace myself I would go $50 a hour. This er I was advertising starting at $25 with no experience. It's not just a pay thing. It's not just so simple to pay more.

There is a reason the southern border is left open and it's not only votes.

What type of work do you do?

Run a Tree Service. I do all the sales and climbing myself, this summer I was offering $25 for anyone who could run a rake... a simple leaf rake. I went through employees this summer like kids on a tour of the Wonka factory, ooompaloompa.

Best guy I hired all summer had 3 foot long dred locks, he shows up on time and can actually run a rake and drive a pickup, he was making $13 an hour at homedepot before he came to me.

Now that it's winter guys are getting laid off and looking for cash work, not ideal but it's bodies.

Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Trapper7] #7708902
11/04/22 06:22 PM
11/04/22 06:22 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I wouldnt work for anyone for under $300/day.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Boco] #7708908
11/04/22 06:27 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
Originally Posted by Boco

What is that in American? $200?

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Boco] #7708909
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Boco

Boco, you'd be better off staying up there. There is no high paying jobs for sap milkers or fake bacon makers. grin grin

Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Trapper7] #7708920
11/04/22 06:39 PM
11/04/22 06:39 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Thats not high paying here nowadays.
I was paid that 10 years ago when I retired.

Last edited by Boco; 11/04/22 06:40 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: streamcreeper_33] #7709006
11/04/22 07:45 PM
11/04/22 07:45 PM
Louisiana
M
MattLA Offline
trapper
MattLA  Offline
trapper
M

Louisiana
Originally Posted by streamcreeper_33
Thank you MattLA, I appreciate that!! I’d love to start my own business, is that something I should go to school for to understand the business side of things? Or should I try to find a guy I could work under that I could eventually buy out when they want to retire?

If you have common sense, I would say no about going to school for business. The second question depends more on your family's goals or your own aspirations honestly.

Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Blaine County] #7709075
11/04/22 08:48 PM
11/04/22 08:48 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Online content
trapper
AntiGov  Online Content
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Blaine County
It's a good thing we didn't build the wall. We need the workers.

Come on in amigos.

Now let's end all welfare.

You still no comprende .......the current open Border you enjoy is turning the US into a S hole

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Trapper7] #7709145
11/04/22 09:32 PM
11/04/22 09:32 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
That's what I said a long time ago . Create a worker shortage by giving away and printing money then open the borders for cheap labor. It will be fine for this point in time but down the road when the people let in start voting who will they vote for? The ones who built the wall or the ones who opened the door? At that point the LIBERALS will have won and OUR country is done. And there will be NO future for your children.

Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: Trapper7] #7709216
11/04/22 10:43 PM
11/04/22 10:43 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
This has something to do with the baby boomer demographic.
So the glory days of 90 days of being a probational employee are gone?

Last edited by Dirt; 11/04/22 10:55 PM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Businesses Closing Due To Lack of Workers [Re: rex123] #7709228
11/04/22 11:06 PM
11/04/22 11:06 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by rex123
That's what I said a long time ago . Create a worker shortage by giving away and printing money then open the borders for cheap labor. It will be fine for this point in time but down the road when the people let in start voting who will they vote for? The ones who built the wall or the ones who opened the door? At that point the LIBERALS will have won and OUR country is done. And there will be NO future for your children.

They already have won....look around.

Rise and Rise Again
Until Lambs Become Lions
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread