No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anybody Hunt Fossils? [Re: lumberjack391] #7713984
11/10/22 01:34 PM
11/10/22 01:34 PM
PA
L
lumberjack391 Offline OP
trapper
lumberjack391  Offline OP
trapper
L

PA
Fish are a rarity around here- I never found any. In had this bridge I was trapping about 2 miles from the house that they just rip rapped with sandstone. This was along the road part, not underneath near the water. Just about every piece had some kind of tree and plant impressions and were in manageable size chunks. Well, being in a hurry trapping, I figured I would stop by when things slowed down. Would you know it- when I went back the covered everything with a dirt type fill.
There is a big open pit about 30 miles east of me that has that dark slate thats good for fossils that I would love to stop at, I never see anyone around though. All this talk got me itching to go out and check my local sites, its been about 3 years maybe they dug some more out to uncover new strata.

Last edited by lumberjack391; 11/10/22 01:36 PM.
Re: Anybody Hunt Fossils? [Re: lumberjack391] #7713993
11/10/22 01:44 PM
11/10/22 01:44 PM
robertson co ky
S
sako22 Offline
trapper
sako22  Offline
trapper
S

robertson co ky
I worked in a deep underground limestone mine and we used to find what looked like fossilized coral in the rocks. We were 1000 ft underground

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread