No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti [Re: jk] #7716462
11/13/22 11:34 AM
11/13/22 11:34 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
What's interesting is they yelled the range is cold before handing him a gun. My personal experience, everytime I've ever heard or said that no guns are being handled at all. They are either holstered or on a table.

Typical nm, the state attorney says they can't afford expert witnesses or can't compete against high priced Hollywood lawyers that's why no charges filed yet. It's a cop out excuse because the state is scared it will lose millions from Hollywood production here

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti [Re: HayDay] #7717386
11/14/22 12:14 PM
11/14/22 12:14 PM
Hancock Co., Indiana
Kart29 Offline
trapper
Kart29  Offline
trapper

Hancock Co., Indiana
Originally Posted by HayDay
I have a pretty good idea of what a live 45 cal bullet looks like. I have no idea what a stage prop blank looks like, but can't imagine they look similar enough to mistake one for the other. Also can't see any reason why live ammo that would shoot would be anywhere near a movie set, or that a "gun" used on a movie set is a real gun capable of firing live ammo if it was.

Why would the not be using replicas with special chambers not similar enough to any live ammo that you could even chamber one?

If there is any legal fault, it would be with the movie industry that allows such a thing to happen.

100%

What from Christ that soul can sever,
Bound by everlasting bands?
None shall take thee
From the Strength of Israel's hands.

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti [Re: Donnersurvivor] #7717410
11/14/22 12:58 PM
11/14/22 12:58 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
He's an actor who is routinely handed guns to be used, a firearm "expert" handed him a gun saying it was unloaded, someone's whole job was to make sure actors were not handed loaded guns and they failed at that simple task.

I don't like Baldwin but I don't blame him for the death.

I am not saying the armorer isn't at fault also she also should have walked off the set , however as I understand it the production company that Alex is part owner of promoted her to head armorer from being an assistant. the production company bears a significant portion of the responsibility for first having several safety violations that were not being addressed and thus the head armorer quit and walked off the set.
then promoting an unqualified assistant who probably needed the job to much and was not experienced enough to know they should have also walked when the head armorer did because there were multiple issues.

the production company didn't act responsibly when issues were happening and what should have happened was every gun and every round on site should have gone through inspection and inventory after the armorer walked off especially since the original armorer had left over unaddressed safety issues.

also the production company did not use a regular prop gun house to supply the guns they bought guns to use

this is a lot of we have to keep to schedule , we have to keep to budget stuff and it cost a life and a significant life changing injury

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti [Re: jk] #7717413
11/14/22 01:03 PM
11/14/22 01:03 PM
ohio
Ohio Wolverine Offline
trapper
Ohio Wolverine  Offline
trapper

ohio
It seems to be a chain of events from what has been posted in the news. The last person that had the gun in their possession , had full responsibility of checking the gun to make sure it was safe to handle. Rule one of safe gun handling ! That makes Alec Baldwin guilty of at least manslaughter.

Last edited by Ohio Wolverine; 11/14/22 01:04 PM.

We have met the enemy and the enemy is us!
Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti [Re: HayDay] #7717417
11/14/22 01:09 PM
11/14/22 01:09 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by HayDay
I have a pretty good idea of what a live 45 cal bullet looks like. I have no idea what a stage prop blank looks like, but can't imagine they look similar enough to mistake one for the other. Also can't see any reason why live ammo that would shoot would be anywhere near a movie set, or that a "gun" used on a movie set is a real gun capable of firing live ammo if it was.

Why would the not be using replicas with special chambers not similar enough to any live ammo that you could even chamber one?

If there is any legal fault, it would be with the movie industry that allows such a thing to happen.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

as I understand it they purchased live firearms because they could do that for less cost than properly modified blank firing only guns.

they would have paid more to rent the prop guns from a reputable movie prop gun house

they didn't maintain the security of the trailer containing the guns nor the ammunition crew members were going off into the desert shooting live rounds on their time not filming.

they used dummy rounds so that you don't see an empty cylinder when shooting the movie , they look exactly like live ammo but with no primer or a spent primer.

they didn't follow the rules they would have had in Cali

they cut corners , played it fast and loose , didn't maintain security , didn't resolve issues as they came up

They is the production company partially owned by Baldwin what we haven't heard and he no one seems to be saying , who made the decisions to do these things and who promoted the assistant to the armorer to head armorer.

it would seem that even if actor Baldwin isn't found negligent , producer Baldwin set the stage for actor Baldwins with gross negligence.

the question seems to be what hat should he be wearing when sentenced.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti [Re: Griffin21] #7717421
11/14/22 01:13 PM
11/14/22 01:13 PM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Griffin21
Agree, if it had been a normal person like you or I we would have been in prison already.

Correct

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti [Re: jk] #7717530
11/14/22 04:32 PM
11/14/22 04:32 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
It was a real gun.

Firearms Safety 101: Never point a firearm at something you don't intend to shoot. Assume all guns are loaded.

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Alec Baldwin files lawsuit in deadly 'Rust' shooti [Re: Trapper7] #7717538
11/14/22 04:45 PM
11/14/22 04:45 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Trapper7
It was a real gun.

Firearms Safety 101: Never point a firearm at something you don't intend to shoot. Assume all guns are loaded.

movie folks like to play by different rules

however it is my understanding that since Brandon Lee died in 1993 the standard is , blank only firing guns and inert guns on a movie set. this costs more.

when you shoot scene that needs muzzle flash it needs to be modified in such a way to only fire blanks and when you want to show loading cartridge they need to be inert and the gun made so it can not fire by removal of the firing pin and welding the firing pin hole shut

as I understand it , Brandon Lee was shot with a gun that had been used with live ammo or dummy that was made by removing the powder but not the primer and the squib fired and went into the barrel then a blank was loaded and when the blank fired it propelled the bullet down the barrel at lethal velocities.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread