No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Leather projects #7726093
11/24/22 04:12 PM
11/24/22 04:12 PM
Northern Illinois
B
Black dogs Offline OP
trapper
Black dogs  Offline OP
trapper
B

Northern Illinois
So my grandfather just gave me a bin of deer hides and probably half dozen elk hides. Just the leather no hair. Was trying to think of a project to get him something made out of it and who would do it. Only experience I have had is with wild things fur. I was thinking about a set of beaver lined moccasins or something. Not sure who would makes those. Any ideas or suggestions?

Re: Leather projects [Re: Black dogs] #7726164
11/24/22 06:49 PM
11/24/22 06:49 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Do something easy that you can do yourself.

This guitar strap was pretty easy, you could do a rifle strap similar.

[Linked Image]

-Goofy-
Re: Leather projects [Re: Black dogs] #7726224
11/24/22 07:47 PM
11/24/22 07:47 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I been wanting to take a plain jane gun case and backstitch something hair out over the top of it.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread