No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Wisconsin muskrat mystery [Re: Muskratwalt] #7730056
11/29/22 02:58 PM
11/29/22 02:58 PM
South metro, MN
C
Calvin Offline
trapper
Calvin  Offline
trapper
C

South metro, MN
A nice observation, Gary.

I am a bee keeper. One thing I have learned is that people who are unsuccessful at keeping bees alive usually blame pesticides. It's RARELY the case of their colonies crashing. Not that pesticides don't contribute to muskrat decline in areas, but I'm far more skeptical than I used to be. It just seems it's easy to point the pesticides finger for most instead of looking at the bigger picture.

Low water is always the biggest killer of muskrats, It seems .

Re: Wisconsin muskrat mystery [Re: Muskratwalt] #7730060
11/29/22 03:04 PM
11/29/22 03:04 PM
Wisconsin
E
Eagleye Offline
trapper
Eagleye  Offline
trapper
E

Wisconsin
One year during a major drought I was trapping a large flowage, I found a dead rat next to another rat I had in a body grip and another dead one next to a pocket set, my son picked one out with a landing net floating next to the pier. When I skinned all 3 they had incisor marks on the back of their necks- I believe they were fighting like New York Subway rats once every ditch was bone dry and the flowage was the late fall last resort.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread