No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Would you take this job? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7733497
12/03/22 11:55 AM
12/03/22 11:55 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
I would take that job if I didn't already have one. Do you need the jab? Probably a stupid question.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Would you take this job? [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #7733578
12/03/22 01:47 PM
12/03/22 01:47 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
you are all thinking about this too hard. in a middle class working man way

your thinking about working.

you are thinking about killing rats , managing the issue , controlling disease and infestations

as a Czar you don't actually deal with the issue , your write stuff about it , attend meetings , wear your suit and make sure people are not using unapproved poisons in the high rises.

we have a Drug Czar , and a ever growing drug issue

an aids , czar , a budget czar an Afghanistan czar , an auto czar and the list goes on and on and on

your buddy Barak Obama appointed the most czars of any president 50 , 39 of them were confirmed by the senate

Don't forget, this is NYC. Technicians would be prohibited from using inhumane traps of any kind or any poisons. Baits would necessarily have to render the animals unconscious... And prior to their use there would need to be an environmental impact study to make sure non-targets or at-risk species wouldn't be impacted. And another study to make sure that the place we are relocating the rats to (you didn't think we would kill them, did you?) is suitable and would not be adversely impacted.

Technicians would also be required to use public transit or EV's... No fossil fuel vehicles. Good God man, there's the climate to consider. An existential crisis if there ever was one. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

As the "czar" it would be your responsibility to ensure all of these rules were enacted and followed... And then you would have to negotiate with the IBRC technicians union to ensure your technicians weren't being exploited or in any danger... Other than living and working in the sewer that is NYC.

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Would you take this job? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7733585
12/03/22 01:53 PM
12/03/22 01:53 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Poison?

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Would you take this job? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7733900
12/03/22 10:19 PM
12/03/22 10:19 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
I believe snap traps are only illegal in Washington DC. But I am open to correction. Just my limited research.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Would you take this job? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7733999
12/03/22 11:56 PM
12/03/22 11:56 PM
S/W Mich.
Dillrod Offline
trapper
Dillrod  Offline
trapper

S/W Mich.
I seen a special on TV .
Some guys were in one of those crap holes hunting rats for headcount pay.
He had some terriers,
They killed and retrieved to him

Making decent money it seemed.
But the danger would be on every park bench and doorway now a days,

"Some Domestication Required "

Re: Would you take this job? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7734117
12/04/22 07:12 AM
12/04/22 07:12 AM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
I have to agree with the rest of you. The rat part would be fun. The people part is a whole different bag of worms.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Would you take this job? [Re: Grandpa Trapper] #7734177
12/04/22 08:43 AM
12/04/22 08:43 AM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
I don't think we're doing enough to market these "rat" pelts.
This is NYC maybe we should market them as blankets for the homeless. (also gloves, ear muffs, socks etc.....)

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread